Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/14/2023 5:08:54 PM EDT
https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/My-periodic-investigation-of-how-the-site-functions-w-o-a-Team-Membership/5-2644945/

Let my Team membership expire before I renew, poking around to see how the site works for the hoi polloi.  Besides the annoying popups on the mobile site, mostly usable.

However, I'm unable to subscribe to Tech threads, even ones I post in, despite a Subscription button being present.  I click it, it turns to Unsubscribe.  I refresh the page, it's back to Subscribe.

Doesn't show up in my listing of Subscriptions, even when I click on that Community.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:16:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:31:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:  I think that without a paid membership you're SOL.  I think.
View Quote

Then unpaid members probably should not be provided Subscription buttons that don't work - or have it redirect to a Team Membership purchase option.

Sometime back, I thought it didn't work in General, but worked in Tech.  There isn't a Subscription button in General, but there is in Tech.

I only research this every year or so, so my memory is hazy.
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:41:52 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 5/14/2023 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

It will be changing, hopefully soon. For now, I think there is a limit on subscriptions. You may be hitting against the cap in the tech forums.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Then unpaid members probably should not be provided Subscription buttons that don't work - or have it redirect to a Team Membership purchase option.

Sometime back, I thought it didn't work in General, but worked in Tech.  There isn't a Subscription button in General, but there is in Tech.

I only research this every year or so, so my memory is hazy.

It will be changing, hopefully soon. For now, I think there is a limit on subscriptions. You may be hitting against the cap in the tech forums.

Ah, that makes sense.  I had 2-3 pages of subscriptions when my membership expired?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top