Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/13/2019 6:55:02 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Boom_Stick]
Its only 120 days but I just ordered a geek solo and some ejuice thinking I could get it through the mail. No dice.

So are DIY kits still legal to order? Who do you guys recommend? Moneys no object, I want quality ingredients now that I get to assemble it all myself.
Link Posted: 11/14/2019 5:27:02 PM EDT
[#1]
https://diyordievaping.com/

I like liquid barn for flavors and nic
Link Posted: 11/16/2019 2:03:26 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By KPog:
https://diyordievaping.com/

I like liquid barn for flavors and nic
View Quote
Thanks for the link...
Link Posted: 11/24/2019 7:46:22 PM EDT
[#3]
I bought a bunch of shit on line last week and had it delivered. 500ML of 3% nic 50/50 premixed and a few flavor liquids to mix my own. I should have been doing it a long time ago. I bought everything for $40. I was paying $20 for a 60ml bottle of Cutwood. Vaping on some fine Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla mix right now and thinking about how #mygovernorisanidiot.
Link Posted: 12/2/2019 2:53:46 AM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#4]
Guess I am lucky I am not in the big tobacco’s occupied territory.  I can still order pretty much anything I want, when I can find it in stock.  Abet it feels like stock is hard to find sometimes.  I know local shops are starting to downsize to protect themselves, going back to their tobacco or paraphilia roots - hoping that lack of stock online is just because other’s building vape fortsnot because the shops are covering their ass as well.

Right now I don’t have an honorable juice stash.  I have a budding collection of mods - and ordered some more equipment for the vapocalypse.  While far be it for me to suggest anything illegal - I seriously doubt the shops in China/Taiwan really care about state laws-but who knows, maybe their programmers do.  That said, I doubt Chinese hardware will kill me (95% of the stuff is from China anyway), but juice - probably would prefer to stay domestic on that.

Funny business.  I was in a different vape shop the other day and saw some handcrafted mec mods.  American machinists make art, and 4 month later there is a Chinese clone at 1/10 the price.  I probably should not have encouraged the practice - but for fun I ordered a $20 clone of a Kennedy - and I ordered a real one domestically.  I wonder if I will be able to feel the difference in my soul when I use them..
—-
Just an update - still waiting on the package from China.  Have been enjoying the real Kennedy for about 3 weeks or so now.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 8:55:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Add Montana to the list of Ban states,it went in effect yesterday for 120 days Looks like I might start mixing my own as well
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 9:19:24 PM EDT
[#6]
Shit, I just recently got rid of all my DIY stuff. I would've shipped my flavoring out to a member if I would've caught this.

I used bull city vapes for most of my DIY flavoring. Got my nic from nudenicotine as well but their shipping department takes forever.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 1:38:27 PM EDT
[#7]
I just received my 2nd shipment from DIYELS. Super fast shipping on a 1000ml bottle of 50/50 3% and 120ml bottle of flavoring. Im set for a while now with  almost two liters of juice and enough flavorings to keep myself in juice for the next 6 months.
Link Posted: 12/21/2019 2:02:42 PM EDT
[Last Edit: sywagon] [#8]
For nicotine - I get the 36mg stabilized stuff and mix it way down. 36mg just because it is as concentrated as I want to play with but is a better deal than higher dilutions. Stale nicotine tastes like ass... buy appropriate sizes that won't be open too long and store in the freezer.
https://nudenicotine.com/collections/nude-armor-v3/products/nude-armor-v3-36mg?variant=29210365919345

For everything else
https://www.bullcityflavors.com/
Link Posted: 12/23/2019 4:21:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By Woodsrider:
I just received my 2nd shipment from DIYELS. Super fast shipping on a 1000ml bottle of 50/50 3% and 120ml bottle of flavoring. Im set for a while now with  almost two liters of juice and enough flavorings to keep myself in juice for the next 6 months.
View Quote
Just ordered from liquid barn. They had a few premixed flavors called "tastemaker collection" I had to try. New to this so got 500ml of 3mg and 6mg nic to see what works for me. I'll give diye-liquids a try next time.

Got a geekvape aegis solo and alpha tank from vapor authority.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 12:33:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:

Just ordered from liquid barn. They had a few premixed flavors called "tastemaker collection" I had to try. New to this so got 500ml of 3mg and 6mg nic to see what works for me. I'll give diye-liquids a try next time.

Got a geekvape aegis solo and alpha tank from vapor authority.
View Quote
If your coming experience is anything like mine, you'll wonder why you weren't mixing your own liquids all along.
I was paying $18 to $20 for a 60ml bottle of Cuttwood at the local retailer. Now my cost is less than $3 per 60ml.
I found Madagascar Bourbon Vanilla to be a great flavor that is quickly becoming my new favorite mixed at 10% with a 50/50 PGVC 3% nic base.
Link Posted: 12/24/2019 8:29:48 PM EDT
[#11]
..... at 10% with a 50/50 PGVC 3% nic base.
View Quote
@woodsrider

Is that 10% flavor to Nic juice ratio?

You use to be a smoker? Did you start at 3% nic or higher and work your way down to 3%?
Link Posted: 12/25/2019 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#12]
@ Boom_Stick
I used to smoke, yes. But less than a half a pack a day when I switched to vaping. I hate everything about smoking but the nicotine. Especially the smell of my clothes and hands having a smoke.
When I switched, I first went with Blue E-cigs. When I switched to a tank I started with 6% nic, and went down to 3% after the first 30ml bottle because I hit this fucker a lot, and at 6% I was getting too much nicotine.

I Looked at the suggested mix ratios for the flavor samples I bought and just followed the suggested ratios. Most are around 10 to 15% flavor to base depending on the VG/PG blend. I prefer a 50/50 ratio base for a more mild throat hit, and my cloud isn't offensively dense for others around me. A lot of the bottled shit out there was too sweet for me, and my wife couldn't stand the smell of the clouds. Since I started buying and mixing my own, she hasn't said a word.

My Base is a 50/50 mix of PG/VG, with 3% nicotine already blended in. To an empty 60ml bottle I pour in 6ml of flavoring, and top it off with base. Shake it up real good and let it "steep" for a day or two. Letting it sit will give the flavor time to blend into the base.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:39:37 AM EDT
[#13]
Finally got my stuff today! The alpha tank (geekvape) turned out to be a real POS. After 3-4 hits it'd start gurgling then dump juice out the airflows everytime. Took it apart/inspected/rebuilt half a dozen times, tried both coils.....  Determined to get to vape today I ran down to the vape shop and grabbed a freemax mesh pro. 100x better, big flavor and clouds.
Started out with the 3%. Still not sure if thats too much considering how many times Ive hit this thing today. Think Im going to order a bottle of 0%

Vaping's the bees-knees! Pack of ciggs I bought few days ago will collect dust and get stale now.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 1:50:24 PM EDT
[#14]
Originally Posted By Boom_Stick:
Finally got my stuff today! The alpha tank (geekvape) turned out to be a real POS. After 3-4 hits it'd start gurgling then dump juice out the airflows everytime. Took it apart/inspected/rebuilt half a dozen times, tried both coils.....  Determined to get to vape today I ran down to the vape shop and grabbed a freemax mesh pro. 100x better, big flavor and clouds.
Started out with the 3%. Still not sure if thats too much considering how many times Ive hit this thing today. Think Im going to order a bottle of 0%

Vaping's the bees-knees! Pack of ciggs I bought few days ago will collect dust and get stale now.
View Quote
Check out the aspire Cleito tank. No leaks, no over saturation. Im running a 0.4 ohm coil at 45w (rated at 40 to 60W) and vet about 180 to 220ml of juice out of a coil before it starts to taste like it needs changing. Flavors with a higher sugar content will obviously need changing out more frequently.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 7:45:01 PM EDT
[Last Edit: mousehunter] [#15]
FWIW, eventually I might try to give tanks a chance again.  But of the tanks I have, one leaks badly and the other 2 are not all that impressive with flavor.  RDA for the win, and squonk if you really need a tank.

I really like the flavor of the Profile unity RDA, but it is somewhat limited in the watts it can handle.  Too many and dry hits from hell.

That said, I am somewhat enjoying the diy aspects of the hobby.  Made my first fused Clapton coil yesterday.  I have a couple Chinese RDA’s in route, so will make one or 2 more pair in the next couple of days for them.  The one I am running is a pair of 6 wrap 26ga Kanthal wrapped in 26ga, for about .5ohm per coil.  That comes out to roughly 64 watts.  Will probably try 5 wraps on the next one.  A little hotter and a little less ramp up time.
Link Posted: 1/6/2020 11:22:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Check out the aspire Cleito tank. No leaks, no over saturation.
View Quote
I'll check it out. Im thinking of getting another tank for dedicated flavors. Right now Im still experimenting to find out what I like.

For those of you who order from Liquid Barn, have you tried the taste makers collections? I got three and two of them are so-so but this one is awesome! Gonna try their "The Man" next.
Attachment Attached File
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top