Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/23/2022 1:54:15 PM EDT
I also have ATT fiber. The fact that I must use their own router for $10 a month is BS. However, since I have to pack up my Starlink sat, I have to use the ATT internet.

I need to set the ATT router into bypass mode but, the device access code won't take. I spent an hour on the phone with ATT tech support just to be told to factory reset my router. I did that, twice, but the device access code listed on the route does not work. I had to replace my ATT router 2 weeks ago.

Any ideas as to why I cannot use device access code listed on the side of the router?
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 3:00:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like someone at ATT doesn't want you to get into it.

I'm so glad I got a local telco with good fiber and the only thing they provided was a fiber to ethernet media converter, which does nothing but convert light to electricity and vice versa.
Link Posted: 5/23/2022 9:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like someone at ATT doesn't want you to get into it.

I'm so glad I got a local telco with good fiber and the only thing they provided was a fiber to ethernet media converter, which does nothing but convert light to electricity and vice versa.
View Quote

Maybe.

ATT will stay until I am done with this potential training mission to -stan. After I return, nothing but Starlink.
Link Posted: 5/25/2022 2:44:39 PM EDT
[#3]
I just discovered i have the same problem. Using the access code on the router does not work. Not really a problem since i've already configured it to my liking.

You are stuck with their router mainly because it provides a certificate back to ATT to allow connectivity on their network.

EDIT: Try a different browser. I could not login with Firefox, but Chrome works just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top