Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:18:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Opinion - Randall knives rule ..................
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:20:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:21:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have a sword. It's a scrapyard sort of Japanese thing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Aimless, I bet you have a Conan sword don't you?  It's safe here you can tell us.  Sounds like you need to rethink your knife collecting plan though, you keep getting screwed.
I have a sword. It's a scrapyard sort of Japanese thing.

Awww.  Kinda disappointed.  Hey, can we see the Japanese sword instead?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:21:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought mine knowing it was chinesium, had to finish off the collection.  I have every Rambo knife but no intentions of using them for anything other than a neat display for the man cave.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:25:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Wait one second. You’re saying my SOG Tomahawk is Chinese crap??

Damn.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#6]
BladeHQ is local, and I won’t use them.

DLT has never failed me.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Don't have one. I almost bought one back when Spyderco used to stock some
View Quote

Treat yourself to a Randall someday............A pure delight to look at, use, and show off a little bit.......
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:34:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:35:49 PM EDT
[#9]
lol somewhere deep deep deep in storage. I have one of those Klingon knives from United Cutlery.

This thread brought me back, I think they also made a Rambo one
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 10:50:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I may face unfair criticism after my Indian Wal mart Hatchet and my "Sog tomahawk" that ended up being Frost cutlery crap with a counterfeit SOG sheath (you guys got burned on that too), but it all started out with the best of intentions.

Stallone hooked up with Dieter Pohl to have two Bowie knives made for the last Rambo movie. I read in one of the knife magazines that they were going to sell a few multi thousand dollar clones, but also that Lionsteel was making a run of more reasonably priced copies.

Lionsteel is an Italian knife manufacturer who makes quality knives so when I saw bladehq was taking preorders of Rambo knives I assumed it was these Lionsteel knives. The steel listed was Niolox, commonly used by Lionsteel.

I emailed once asking about the hold up and said something about "Covid problems in Italy" and got a generic "we don't know when we'll get the knives.

Finally in September I got it. And it does look exactly like the movie knife, however the box and packaging looks like some crap gun show knife. I got on the web and found the same knife for sale everywhere else listed as a stainless steel Chinese knife. I'm sure this thing ain't Niolox from Italy it's craptanium from China.

Time was running out to dispute the charge so I started emailing BladeHQ last week. While their ad didn't say it was lionsteel it sure listed the steel as Niolox, which this isn't.  Emailed twice, got two oddly worded responses (does bladehq outsource their customer service?) saying "our team has been notified of your questions" I finally contested the charge and emailed them again saying I was contesting it early this afternoon and got no response.

View Quote

You should consult a lawyer/
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:23:55 PM EDT
[#11]
But it says "Rambo" on it!
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 11:28:47 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

LOL I carried that heavy piece of shit all over Fort Lewis for no fucking reason other than it looked 'cool'.  Used my Case peanut for everything.  When I left for Korea I sold it to some other Leg - was that you?  :  )
View Quote

No, I bought it fresh from the store with money from my first paycheck so i could be a navy seal.

lol.

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:38:06 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Ltk?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
LTK reviewed one from that series and seems like had it tested and it was 13CR? It wasn't just pure junk, but it definitely wasn't Niolox
Ltk?

LTK on Youtube , about 18:30

@Aimless
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:41:28 PM EDT
[#14]
you got a problem with craptanium pal?

new favorite word..
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:42:47 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I bought mine knowing it was chinesium, had to finish off the collection.  I have every Rambo knife but no intentions of using them for anything other than a neat display for the man cave.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/16/2021 12:52:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Damn, didn’t know bladehq did stuff like that. I’ve been getting knives from knifecenter, who’ve been great to me.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:31:26 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:46:23 PM EDT
[#19]
You know they drop ship from Blue Ridge Knives, and their copyrighters for their site probably never laid eyes on a single one of them!
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:48:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
No. We all bought what were advertised as sog tomahawk from some tractor supply chain store. Someone here recognized them as frost cutlery. They just had a fake sog sheath.

The tractor supply place said they would refund everyone, not sure if they did
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Wait one second. You're saying my SOG Tomahawk is Chinese crap??

Damn.

No. We all bought what were advertised as sog tomahawk from some tractor supply chain store. Someone here recognized them as frost cutlery. They just had a fake sog sheath.

The tractor supply place said they would refund everyone, not sure if they did

Haha I actually bought one of those and when it was pointed out it wasn't a true SOG I actually got a refund from the place and got to keep the tomahawk.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 2:59:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:38:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:  Yeah I'm pretty disappointed in bladehq over this.

I looked quickly and I've sepnt at least $ 1129 there with an average order of $ 190.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:47:51 PM EDT
[#23]
Late last year I bought a hard to find Microtech as a present for the wife and a few days after ordering I signed in and found my order cancelled. Called them up and they said my card was declined, it's fine, and inquired why I wasn't informed which was highly irritating as they had sold the knife in the meantime. The CS guy talked to billing and they admitted they screwed up and offered a $40 credit, I only wanted the knife wasn't asking for any $$. When I got home I discovered they had actually sent a $120 credit. I can't say that's bad CS when they screwed up and went above and beyond. Still haven't bought anything with the credit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2021 11:59:10 PM EDT
[#24]
If you are looking for a solid fixed blade and can’t afford a a Busse....just buy a $9.99 Walmart special.

Everything else is the same unless you get a quality knife
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:02:48 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I may face unfair criticism after my Indian Wal mart Hatchet and my "Sog tomahawk" that ended up being Frost cutlery crap with a counterfeit SOG sheath (you guys got burned on that too), but it all started out with the best of intentions.

Stallone hooked up with Dieter Pohl to have two Bowie knives made for the last Rambo movie. I read in one of the knife magazines that they were going to sell a few multi thousand dollar clones, but also that Lionsteel was making a run of more reasonably priced copies.

Lionsteel is an Italian knife manufacturer who makes quality knives so when I saw bladehq was taking preorders of Rambo knives I assumed it was these Lionsteel knives. The steel listed was Niolox, commonly used by Lionsteel.

I emailed once asking about the hold up and said something about "Covid problems in Italy" and got a generic "we don't know when we'll get the knives.

Finally in September I got it. And it does look exactly like the movie knife, however the box and packaging looks like some crap gun show knife. I got on the web and found the same knife for sale everywhere else listed as a stainless steel Chinese knife. I'm sure this thing ain't Niolox from Italy it's craptanium from China.

Time was running out to dispute the charge so I started emailing BladeHQ last week. While their ad didn't say it was lionsteel it sure listed the steel as Niolox, which this isn't.  Emailed twice, got two oddly worded responses (does bladehq outsource their customer service?) saying "our team has been notified of your questions" I finally contested the charge and emailed them again saying I was contesting it early this afternoon and got no response.

Just do a credit card chargeback for item never received (the knife sent wasn’t what was advertised and purchased).
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:21:26 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:39:13 AM EDT
[#27]
I don't know what it it is about fantasy blades but I buy every $1 - $3 ones I find at yard sales. They resale like hotcakes to grown men that should know better.

I bought a lot of of about 100 fantasy knives/swords at a yard sale once for $2.00 each and tossed them in a pasteboard box with $12.00 each written on the box. I sold all of them in about four hours. I'm talking pure Paki/Chi-Com/Indian (dot) junk. The rubes were buying them three and four at a time.....I guess there is no accounting for poor taste.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:50:09 AM EDT
[#28]
For a so-called Rambo knife, that design actually seems pretty decent.   If it were a real knife, I might think about picking one up.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:51:57 AM EDT
[#29]
This is why I only buy Benchmade knives.  Made right here in America.  Some would say they are overpriced, but they are made to an exacting standard.  I saw a video from their factory where they actually apply a thin layer of extremely hard steel to the edge.  The process is achieved by loading the grinding belts and wheels with cold hammer forged steel from gun barrels and case hardened steel from receivers, respectively.  Incredible really.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:55:20 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 12:55:50 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
This is why I only buy Benchmade knives.  Made right here in America.  Some would say they are overpriced, but they are made to an exacting standard.  I saw a video from their factory where they actually apply a thin layer of extremely hard steel to the edge.  The process is achieved by loading the grinding belts and wheels with cold hammer forged steel from gun barrels and case hardened steel from receivers, respectively.  Incredible really.
View Quote

I wonder how many will read this wrong....
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:12:04 AM EDT
[#32]
Email them to have Cam call you !

Sorry ... I couldn’t resist.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:16:07 AM EDT
[#33]
bro, you need to go to @starscream 's thread about EDC and ask those boys about knives. holy fuck, man.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:18:46 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:21:21 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:30:14 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
BladeHQ is local, and I won’t use them.

DLT has never failed me.
View Quote

QFT

#fuckbhq

#wisconsinftw
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:41:31 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Damn, didn’t know bladehq did stuff like that. I’ve been getting knives from knifecenter, who’ve been great to me.
View Quote

There are several web sites that are set up the same, look the same, and sell the same stuff. I suspect that BladeHQ is one of several run by the same people. Grindworx is another of them. They all have the same address.

Grindworx and by extension BladeHQ were selling a lot of Italian made auto knives that the people on the knife forum figured out were actually Chinese crap.

https://www.grindworx.com/item--AKC-F-16-Black-DA-OTF-Automatic--23852

https://www.grindworx.com/item--11-White-Acrylic-Italian-Stiletto--33736

Those are two of them. At one time they had their country of origin scrubbed after people bitched about it, but I see the F16 is listed as being made in Italy again.

I bought by first auto from BladeHQ. It was a nothing special Gerber Covert. It had a decent blade, but the rest was just a pile of garbage. From sharp edges, uneven handles, slow action, and a shitty push button. I never suspected it was anything but a Gerber. My experience with Gerber is limited, so I had nothing to be suspicious about.

I ended up losing that knife and went looking for a second. No one had them except Bud's gun shop, so that's where I ordered the second one from. The second one was much better in both fit and action, and made be suspect the first one might have been a phony. I wish I could find it so I can compare them side by side.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:42:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

Lol, with all the solid knife companies out there, you choose to support those assholes?

Edit: did I get copypasta'd?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 1:59:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'll get my $ 189.35 back
View Quote

Need me to go knock on their door for you?

Leave a few fish heads on their front step, glare menacingly at the first employee I see?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:18:21 AM EDT
[#40]
Waiting for the BladeHQ/SOE Gear collaboration Aimless cock
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:23:27 AM EDT
[#41]
But-but-but they're totally awesome knife bros they do social media!! Pocket check bro!

Sir, how old is your son, like 6? Perhaps he should ok your knife purchases...
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:01:33 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
You have terrible luck with knives and guns.
View Quote
Know why I don't have these problems?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:08:37 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

Please tell me you're being saracastic

Or is this a new copypasta I'm unware of......
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:13:28 AM EDT
[#44]
@Aimless

I had no idea you were that into knives. Do you ever hang out with the moderators from the Blade Forums and trade stories?

You know they probably have a straight line to the C/S department at Blade HQ
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:19:49 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Why don't you have that knife converted into a bayonet, and mount it on your Armscor .38?
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:27:17 AM EDT
[#46]
A couple Christmases ago I ordered a set of Kitchen knives from them as a gift for my daughter. They got misplaced in the mail. I contacted BladeHQ and they immediately express shipped me a replacement set of knives without charging me anything. The missing set eventually turned up, and I contacted BladeHQ to let them know and to get an address where I should send it. They insisted on sending me a return shipping label for free shipping, then they sent me a gift certificate  for being honest and letting them know that the knives had turned up.

I buy a lot of knives. Too many for sure. BladeHQ has always treated me perfectly.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:35:37 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:26:48 AM EDT
[#48]
I'd have to ask our met lab guy if it could be done without cutting a piece off the knife but we could also tell you the make-up of the material.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:29:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Bladehq is the harbor freight of knife shops.

Bunch of Chinese bullshit
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 9:38:41 AM EDT
[#50]
I'm not sure which I enjoy more: Aimless knife threads or DKProf antique samurai sword threads. Perhaps it is the vast difference  between the two?

Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top