Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/22/2022 3:18:46 PM EDT
I have a friend whose cat recently died.  It was a black Persian.  Sweet kitty.  Loved everyone.

The other night I went to this friend's house, and as I sat on the sofa, I noticed a strange impression about the size of that cat in the cushion furthest from me.  I also could swear I could see the outline of a cat's front leg and rear leg pressed into the cushion.  I have to note that these cushions are fairly stiff and not really malleable enough for an object to make more than a general indentation in one of them.  There's no way if  you set something down on one of the cushions would you be able to tell what object had been left there upon removing it.  The cushion would simply return to its original shape, as evidenced by my not leaving an impression of my butt every time I stood up.

At the same time I saw this impression in the cushion, every time I turned away slightly I could swear I saw a black cat out of the corner of my eye.

I did not say anything to that friend at the time.

Fast forward to last night.  The friend's internet wasn't working so she came over to my house to use the WiFi.  During our conversation she mentioned she had been seeing her dead cat around her house!

I must have sank back in my chair as I told her my experience.

Take it for what you will.
Link Posted: 7/22/2022 3:26:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:14:39 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm not a believer (in just about anything), just a skeptic. The one thing that I can go the other way on is dead pets.

I have cats. I have a couple small urns with the ashes of cats I used to have. I know what a cat jumping up on my bed and walking across it feels like. Every so often, usually just before I drift off or after I wake up, I'll feel exactly that, reach out a hand to pet one of them, and find nothing. When I look, there aren't any cats on the bed. I know it's not my imagination, I feel things like a leg roll a bit towards where a paw would be making an impression in the foam. I'm not dreaming, I'm awake for it. And it's happened dozens of times over the years.

It gives me a tiny bit of hope that there's something else after this life. And makes me miss my boys terribly.
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 11:37:57 AM EDT
[#3]
Check the house for high levels of carbon monoxide
Link Posted: 7/23/2022 10:42:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Check the house for high levels of carbon monoxide
View Quote

I like you, fellow skeptic. Do you have a newsletter?

In my personal defense, my home is well ventilated, and the experience has happened in two different rentals and then in the house I had built (the ashes have been along for a few moves). It's literally the only thing remotely approaching a "paranormal experience" I've ever had, despite looking actively for them at certain point in my life.

Like I said...not enough to make me believe. Just enough to make me hope.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 11:00:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'm not a believer (in just about anything), just a skeptic. The one thing that I can go the other way on is dead pets.

I have cats. I have a couple small urns with the ashes of cats I used to have. I know what a cat jumping up on my bed and walking across it feels like. Every so often, usually just before I drift off or after I wake up, I'll feel exactly that, reach out a hand to pet one of them, and find nothing. When I look, there aren't any cats on the bed. I know it's not my imagination, I feel things like a leg roll a bit towards where a paw would be making an impression in the foam. I'm not dreaming, I'm awake for it. And it's happened dozens of times over the years.

It gives me a tiny bit of hope that there's something else after this life. And makes me miss my boys terribly.
View Quote

Wife and I had the same experience with a cat that passed away. Separate times we felt him jump on the bed. I don't believe in most "paranormal" stuff, it is mostly entertainment, but the cat jumping on the bed sure felt real the times I have felt it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 11:16:02 PM EDT
[#6]
I have a pretty weird one if anyone wants to hear from a new guy.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 11:22:26 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 11:48:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s certainly a ghost story, my friend. It’s about a person, however. Do you think it would be appropriate?
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 8:39:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Years ago, I had to put down one of our cats - the one/only who'd jump onto the bed with me.

Well, either the next day or the day after, I lay down to grab a nap and I'll be damned if I didn't feel a cat jump onto the bed and snuggle up between my legs. It startled me, of course, and there was nothing there when I sat up and looked.

Weird, but we've had lots of spooky things happen here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 11:03:04 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
It’s certainly a ghost story, my friend. It’s about a person, however. Do you think it would be appropriate?
View Quote

@ArodJohns
The story is important, names could be changed, and welcome.
Link Posted: 4/24/2023 7:20:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Years ago, I had to put down one of our cats - the one/only who'd jump onto the bed with me.

Well, either the next day or the day after, I lay down to grab a nap and I'll be damned if I didn't feel a cat jump onto the bed and snuggle up between my legs. It startled me, of course, and there was nothing there when I sat up and looked.

Weird, but we've had lots of spooky things happen here.
View Quote

We had an overly friendly barn cat when I was a little kid that would run up and rub up on your legs, purr, and darn near trip you whenever you went outside. Still did it in phantom form for a few days after it died and when you are in shorts and bare feet the feeling was unmistakable. Mom said I was just imagining things because I was so used to the cat doing that every time I went outside that it was hard wired in my brain. Don't think so Mom.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 1:00:54 PM EDT
[#12]
I was about nine years old when a poodle we had for years died. Early the next morning the barking of that same poodle woke me up...I thought maybe I was imagining things and went back to sleep. I mentioned it to my mom later that day and she said she heard the same thing early in the morning. We thought it was the dog saying goodbye to us one last time.
Link Posted: 4/25/2023 11:46:49 PM EDT
[#13]
@ArodJohns

This killer thread may be a good place to share it as well.  Can’t wait to hear it!

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/It-s-time-for-another-CREEPY-thread-/5-1227431/
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top