Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/4/2020 3:16:43 PM EDT
I like this subforum

Just thought i would start a more serious discussion of these pillars, since the GD thread on these is, well, typically GD?

Anywho:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/Mysterious-stone-pillars-emerge-from-northen-New-Mexico-Forest/5-2302024/

Where do you believe these came from?
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 4:14:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Old grave yard.
Link Posted: 3/4/2020 5:31:39 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm going to say hoax.  The details look too sharp and defined for something that was supposed to be out in the weather for who knows how long.
Link Posted: 3/29/2020 8:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
If the one still actually in it’s original place, they can quickly determine if it’s a grave marker or not.
Link Posted: 5/8/2020 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Hatari:
If the one still actually in it’s original place, they can quickly determine if it’s a grave marker or not.
View Quote

Ground penetrating radar?
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 3:46:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Ground penetrating radar?
View Quote

If you want to be respectful or professional.  If you were just a curious jackass, a shovel would also work.
Link Posted: 6/8/2020 8:45:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Some kinda directional stones?
Link Posted: 6/12/2020 2:18:08 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm going to say hoax.  The details look too sharp and defined for something that was supposed to be out in the weather for who knows how long.
View Quote

Way too clean.
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Could it be... tied to the Knights Templar?
Link Posted: 6/17/2020 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Could it be... tied to the Knights Templar?
View Quote
Never know...
Isnt there some theroy that they were out that way because some artifacts that were found...

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 12:24:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Early Israelites or Templar explorers marked the graves of their exploring partners after death by disease, accidents, or Indian attacks. Most likely the latter.
Link Posted: 10/10/2020 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Standard catholic iconography.  Spanish priests in Mexican Cali made them....
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:06:16 PM EDT
[#12]
NVMND.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top