Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 1/25/2021 12:14:02 PM EDT
Just had a case of 9mm delivered from FedEx. Bought from brownells last week. Looked like it had been re taped and 7 boxes of ammo were missing.

Brownells is dumb for just taping a label on a case of ammo that is clearly marked as such. At least most will put the ammo box/case inside another box.

UPDATE: Brownells basically told me to pound sand. “We will submit a ticket to our shipping department and they will follow up via email.” WTF.

UPDATE 2 (Their Follow Up): “Thank you for contacting Brownells regarding your recent order.  Pictures are necessary for us to follow up with the carrier.  Please reply to this email with pictures of the shipping container, top, bottom, all 4 sides, and contents.  This process may take approximately 45 days.  We will contact you when we have more information.”

Also, the rep said that concealing the box wouldn’t help because the weight. I said so all heavy boxes contain ammo?

UPDATE: I just got a call from their service desk. They offered a refund for the missing boxes or to leave them on backorder with an ETA of early February. I chose to leave them on backorder as scarce as 9mm is right I am fine to wait.

Thank you Brownells. I still hope you all will reconsider how you package ammo.

We shall see.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:27:07 PM EDT
[#1]
F'in Midway kept doing that to me.  Factory boxes are not designed to be shipping containers.

Paladin
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:29:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Did you check with Brownell's to see if the order was 7 boxes short first?

I got two cases of 16 gauge last week, both just with a label on the cardboard box, nothing taken.  Then again, it WAS 16 gauge and not 9mm...
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:30:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Back when we could still order ammo online in New York, I ordered a few cases before the deadline and all came in their factory boxes. Our UPS driver back then commended me on stocking up. Of course even if it had been in a plain box with no labeling, the shear weight for the size of the box would have been telling.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:33:56 PM EDT
[#4]
I had a case delivered the other day. It was opened but thankfully the individual boxes of ammo were inside two more boxes inside, 500 in each.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:35:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#6]
Did you notify Fedex? I would immediately file a claim, or if Fedex tells you the shipper needs to file a claim, I would do a charge back and make brownells fight it out with fedex.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:36:19 PM EDT
[#7]
Fake News.

Their answer didn't sound like pound sand to me.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:36:35 PM EDT
[#8]
I loved that SGammo put their's in a plan box. Shipping a case of ammo in the factory box is begging for theft.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:37:52 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Fake News.

Their answer didn't sound like pound sand to me.

View Quote

This. They'll probably get back to you with a "damn, sorry", and a refund.

The package handlers will probably know it's ammo either way, but if it's discretely packed, they won't know it's the super high demand 9mm, and may not risk trying to take some if it's the low demand 16 gauge turkey shot, or something goofy like that.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:38:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Just had a case of 9mm delivered from FedEx. Bought from brownells last week. Looked like it had been re taped and 7 boxes of ammo were missing.

Brownells is dumb for just taping a label on a case of ammo that is clearly marked as such. At least most will put the ammo box/case inside another box.

UPDATE: Brownells basically told me to pound sand. “We will submit a ticket to our shipping department and they will follow up via email.” WTF.

Also, the rep said that concealing the box wouldn’t help because the weight. I said so all heavy boxes contain ammo?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323477/29B36597-F3F0-4D2F-A54D-56198AB3544E_jpe-1796092.JPG
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/323477/6C11D1EE-F814-434D-ACB8-82CDAB672003_jpe-1796101.JPG
View Quote

That’s some shit.  I can’t stand ammo coming in a factory box. Glad SG reboxes.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:38:44 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Did you notify Fedex? I would immediately file a claim, or if Fedex tells you the shipper needs to file a claim, I would do a charge back and make midway Brownells fight it out with fedex.
View Quote

FIFY
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
Chances are very high that the tape failed and stuff fell out while the package went down the mess on conveyor belts. This happens all the time in shipper facilities. It is basically never theft.

Brownells telling you they are looking into it is far from “pound sand” lol

0/10
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:39:44 PM EDT
[#13]
Heavy box from Brownell's with a required ORM-D sticker on it is going to be a giveaway.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:40:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Why would they not take the whole case?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:40:38 PM EDT
[#15]
I get ammo in obvious containers all the time, everyone does it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:41:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Chances are very high that the tape failed and stuff fell out while the package went down the mess on conveyor belts. This happens all the time in shipper facilities. It is basically never theft.

Brownells telling you they are looking into it is far from “pound sand” lol

0/10
View Quote

Local guy was caught rummaging through packages and stealing stuff.

https://wcyb.com/news/local/fall-branch-man-accused-of-stealing-65k-worth-of-merchandise

Another from Miami I saw while searching out that one.

https://www.nbcmiami.com/news/local/fedex-driver-charged-with-stealing-more-than-124000-worth-of-items/2178141/
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:41:54 PM EDT
[#17]
Surprised we don’t have more thefts of powder or primers since the contents are very obvious.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#18]
you should have spent the additional

three dollars for shipping protection

but i guess that is brownells fault too
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:42:30 PM EDT
[#19]
OP has been Brownelled?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:42:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Heavy box from Brownell's with a required ORM-D sticker on it is going to be a giveaway.
View Quote

Yes, but not as tempting if there is a 97% chance it's ammo other than 9mm.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:42:53 PM EDT
[#21]
This could potentially become an issue.

Perhaps they need to take the extra step of using the "fiber tape" along the seems.

EDIT: or there is tape that I have gotten on certain packages of more expensive things that say "STOP...DO NOT ACCEPT PACKAGE IF SECURITY TAPE IS CUT!!!!"
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:44:18 PM EDT
[#22]
zero reasons for any package to have the contents listed on it.

it should ALWAYS be a plain brown box with the shipping label the only info on it. its nuts they would even consider otherwise.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:51:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
you should have spent the additional

three dollars for shipping protection

but i guess that is brownells fault too
View Quote

I did.....
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:53:00 PM EDT
[#24]
This is why I always bought from SGAMMO and will continue to do so.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:53:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

This. They'll probably get back to you with a "damn, sorry", and a refund.

The package handlers will probably know it's ammo either way, but if it's discretely packed, they won't know it's the super high demand 9mm, and may not risk trying to take some if it's the low demand 16 gauge turkey shot, or something goofy like that.
View Quote

Fair enough, maybe I’m just being a little bit of a baby because I didn’t get immediate satisfaction ha

If they refund me then we are good. I just didn’t care for the old we have to submit a ticket response.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:55:26 PM EDT
[#26]
As others have said, I like the way SGAMMO packages their product.  Inner box and an outer box.  I've had the factory packaging fail in transit, but I always get the ammo I paid for.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:58:52 PM EDT
[#27]

This is why we buy things on a CC.

Chargeback if you don’t get what you paid for.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:59:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
zero reasons for any package to have the contents listed on it.

it should ALWAYS be a plain brown box with the shipping label the only info on it. its nuts they would even consider otherwise.
View Quote

Ammo needs a hazmat symbol or something on the box, right?

Labels dont matter if that hazmat label is on there.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 12:59:54 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Did you notify Fedex? I would immediately file a claim, or if Fedex tells you the shipper needs to file a claim, I would do a charge back and make midway fight it out with fedex.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Did you notify Fedex? I would immediately file a claim, or if Fedex tells you the shipper needs to file a claim, I would do a charge back and make midway fight it out with fedex.

From what I recall of my shipping/receiving manager position years ago, the shipper has to file the claim.

Quoted:

The diamond ORM-D sticker is a bit more discreet than the old "CARTRIDGES, SMALL ARMS" sticker.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:01:24 PM EDT
[#30]
I had the same problem with Natchez a few years ago. I complained and asked them to overwrap and they also told me to pound sound.

In my case, my UPS guy had a meltdown because I was shipping "dangerous ammo and his whole truck could have exploded". He literally was shouting at me on my front stoop. I reported him to UPS.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:04:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I get ammo in obvious containers all the time, everyone does it.
View Quote

Yeah, it's annoying but many vendors do it. My UPS deliverer notices ammo shipments and always places them in a location obscured from view.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:05:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

UPS union laborer sees a box that may have something they want, so they flip it off the line "on accident" to bust it open and give them a chance to pocket some of the contents while they fix it

Happens with packages headed to pharmacies too
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:08:13 PM EDT
[#33]
Fuck brownells

They’ve fucked me over in the past
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:09:20 PM EDT
[#34]
Ammo companies really should consider less obvious packaging considering ammo is worth more than gold these days

Its like putting "free crack" on the box
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:10:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Relax

Brownells will make sure you can still flip it

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 1:19:23 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I loved that SGammo put their's in a plan box. Shipping a case of ammo in the factory box is begging for theft.
View Quote

This!
Last time, actually everytime I get ammo from them the cases are inside a plain box. Granted you probably could guess what's in the box from the weight and the label. They use so much tape on the boxes you could throw them out of a moving truck and they probably wouldn't break open. I mean they don't just wrap the seams they wrap the entire box! I have to make sure I have a new blade in my knife when I open it
Because of how they pack them I'm sure they could easily make the claim for theft.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:05:20 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View Quote
Too obvious. A whole package missing will immediately raise questions and can be tracked to the point it was last seen. A few items missing in what looks like a normally delivered package not as much and harder to tell where the "accident" happened.

Back in the 1990's I was working for a huge conglomerate and we got a shipment of something like 30 laptops in on a pallet. When we started tearing it down to distribute the laptops, one box in the mix was lighter than the others. Somewhere along the line, someone removed a laptop and put the box back into the shipment. Very difficult to figure out where that happened. If the entire pallet had gone missing, we would have been able to trace it.

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:24:18 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote

this

Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:31:04 PM EDT
[#39]
I don't buy anything from Brownells anymore because they only use Fed Wrecks.

Every package I get from FedEx looks like it was smashed, pilfered through and then said it was on the truck for delivery but took two more days to arrive.

It almost like they have people digging through packages and delaying deliveries.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:32:51 PM EDT
[#40]
I ordered 1K rounds from Classic a couple weeks ago.  I tracked it thru Fedex and halfway thru shipment it got held up.  The system had a note that said the shipping label was removed but that the package was relabeled and out for shipment.  

I got it and all the ammo was in it but looked like someone peeled the first label off the box.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:35:07 PM EDT
[#41]
They need to use tape with anti tamper markings.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 2:38:26 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Back when we could still order ammo online in New York, I ordered a few cases before the deadline and all came in their factory boxes. Our UPS driver back then commended me on stocking up. Of course even if it had been in a plain box with no labeling, the shear weight for the size of the box would have been telling.
View Quote

My UPS guy hated me after a while,  I use to order a few cases every month when it was legal to ship to my home.  He told me I should get a hobby that was not so bad for his back
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:20:29 PM EDT
[#43]
I received a case of IMI from Midway a few days ago.  I couldn't believe they shipped it in only the case box itself.  Certainly would have been easy to ID the contents for any would be thief.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:23:35 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

[]
View Quote

Heavy boxes from well known companies along with the ORM-D label might be a giveaway
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#45]
Brownells/Fedex/UPS problem.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:24:55 PM EDT
[#46]
Not one Brownelled gif?
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:25:24 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Heavy boxes from well known companies along with the ORM-D label might be a giveaway
View Quote

Agreed, but it’s entirely different  when it’s stamped 9mm right on the side of the box.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote

Yup. All my SGammo orders come in a plain brown box with the ammo box inside.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:26:38 PM EDT
[#49]
You have to mark ammo in a shipping box per law. It’s the little black and white square tells the drivers what’s in it.
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 3:27:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still has the ORM-D color label on it.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top