Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/25/2021 11:54:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Tried it, didn't care for it. Quickly turned into collect this and that and have 10,000 things in your inventory.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:04:23 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

what did you think I of all people would make?

some naked elven sneak archer whore? lol no

i will go with a Homely Domestic Breton raised Khajiit lady, i mean shes a believer in Dibella anyway so she can charm anyone

... now my male characters? well, thats a bit different

@Notcalifornialegal
View Quote

I mean its exactly what I should have expected lol.

I'm always a Dunmer Sneaky archer asshole.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:05:44 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Tried it, didn't care for it. Quickly turned into collect this and that and have 10,000 things in your inventory.
View Quote

You're doing it wrong.

You can basically do whatever you want so if you're running around collecting shit that's on you mate.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:13:50 AM EDT
[#4]
Plus if you do the haunted house quest in Markarth you get a free house to store your shit. I even started a skull collection.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 12:36:40 AM EDT
[#5]
You can now play as Bernie!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:06:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
lol this is so true, dang auto tracking, staring right at you and still dont see you

https://i.kym-cdn.com/photos/images/original/001/049/545/d33.gif
View Quote

The most irritating thing about sneak attacking with the bow is the spidey sense enemies that slide out of the way of the arrows they don't know are coming, luckily there is a mod for that too.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:27:10 AM EDT
[#7]
Just fired it up for the first time in 3 years. Downloading so many mods, I think I just bricked my Xbone.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:31:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Meh. I just exploited the shit out of the Bethesda games. For Skyrim, I made potions that increased enchanting that increased alchemy that increased enchanting/blacksmithing etc. etc. until I was crafting shit that could one-shot giants on the hardest difficulty. Then I’d just blaze through all the quests as a god. Morrowind was the most exploitable.

I love those games. I still think Morrowind was my favorite.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:35:19 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Meh. I just exploited the shit out of the Bethesda games. For Skyrim, I made potions that increased enchanting that increased alchemy that increased enchanting/blacksmithing etc. etc. until I was crafting shit that could one-shot giants on the hardest difficulty. Then I’d just blaze through all the quests as a god. Morrowind was the most exploitable.

I love those games. I still think Morrowind was my favorite.
View Quote

Indeed. Morrowind was the best. I cut my teeth on TES in 2007ish on Morrowind. Still play it heavily modded on PC.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#10]
@LittlePony

Have you tried using a console command like "player.setscale .50" to make your character smaller? It looks like it will scale your damage down also.

I was thinking to make a 50% scale wood elf named Bast.  

I don't know if it effects how high you can jump.

Or what about something like this?

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:10:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
@LittlePony

Have you tried using a console command like "player.setscale .50" to make your character smaller? It looks like it will scale your damage down also.

I was thinking to make a 50% scale wood elf named Bast.  

I don't know if it effects how high you can jump.

Or what about something like this?

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/484974/Screenshot_2021-01-26_Any_way_to_raise_J-1797597.JPG

View Quote

Nah

A khajiit female is already tiny enough, climbing stuff is extra hard
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:27:28 PM EDT
[#12]

What.
In the actual fuck?  
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:29:47 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

You're doing it wrong.
You can basically do whatever you want so if you're running around collecting shit that's on you mate.  
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're doing it wrong.

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:33:35 PM EDT
[#14]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're doing it wrong.

http://penny-arcade.smugmug.com/photos/i-PPTPkRk/0/L/i-PPTPkRk-XL.jpg

Its amazing how much more enjoyable skyrim became when I quit picking up every fucking thing that wasn't bolted to the ground.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:44:08 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Its amazing how much more enjoyable skyrim became when I quit picking up every fucking thing that wasn't bolted to the ground.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're doing it wrong.

Every Bethesda game I compulsively steal all the dishes from a couple of houses.  Why?  I don’t even like dishes in real life and they are useless in game.  It is the way.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 1:45:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're doing it wrong.

After my first playthrough, the only thing I bothered picking up were alchemy ingredients and dwemer metal for smithing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:47:08 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
After my first playthrough, the only thing I bothered picking up were alchemy ingredients and dwemer metal for smithing.
View Quote

Fallout 4 actually lets you make use of all that junk.  I was a hoarder beyond belief.  My character was a sniper/diplomat, so I had little use for strength, but I put points into it just to get the carrying perks.  Being able to fast travel while over-encumbered was a game changer that fed my hoarding like you wouldn't believe.

It got so bad that I had to pool everything I owned into one workstation, then view by components, just to see that I DID NOT NEED to keep picking up common stuff like glass.  I had literally tons of it.

By the time I got to the part of the game where I needed to build a big machine for {spoiler} reasons, they were like,
"We need you to procure this massive list of stuff.  I'm sure it will take a while."

My response was basically, "Shit, I can build 20 of those right now."  

Link Posted: 1/26/2021 2:56:48 PM EDT
[#18]
People actually stop playing Skyrim?
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:12:45 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I just got the chaos enchant, and almost have my enchanting to 100, can't wait to try out dual enchants. Hopefully I can do Chaos and Fire, not much is funner than hunting vampires.

Well, killing dragons is great fun too.

As soon as I get my enchanting to 100 I'm doing blacksmithing so I can make some dragon armor.

In retrospect I should have done blacksmithing and enchanting at the same time, still learning this game.

I can't believe how complex it is.

I tried Fallout 4 a bit, but it's not as intuitive to me as WoW type games.

I still need to try Witcher 3
View Quote

You need blacksmithing, alchemy an enchanting maxed.  Use potions to boost enchanting and enchant a set of items to boost blacksmithing and alchemy, then craft better potions to boost enchanting and blacksmithing.  Again craft new armor items with better alchemy and blacksmithing boosts and make even better potions to boost enchanting and blacksmithing.  Repeat the cycle until you get the maximum possible boosts.   They patched it out but you used to be able to get insane armor ratings and skill boosts that way, like several hundred percent.   You can still get it so very high that the best bow with the best arrows, enchanted for max damage with armor items with a max archery boost would one shot just about anything in the game while sneaking.

OP as for mods even vanilla you should be running the unofficial skyrim patch for bug fixes and some of the graphics improvements for better detail.   That way it looks and runs at it's best but the game is exactly the same.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:16:03 PM EDT
[#20]

WTF kind of heresy is this?!?!?

I make at least 3 trips in and out of every dungeon. It it isn't cleaned out, you ain't doing it right.

That's why I had to build a house with an armory.

I have dummies for all my cool looking armor sets, bonemold, forsworn, fur, etc.

Finally found the fur hats to complete my set.

Thank goodness for fast travel.

If I make another toon I'm going to just max out my stamina, for less trips in and out.
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:20:19 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Play Enderal. It's free on Steam.

(Skyrim mods turned Skyrim-based 'game.' Fully voiced, full new map, LOTS of quality play hours, more immersive plot of a higher quality that Skyrim even had.)

Need to have the correct version of Skyrim, but then Enderal is free.

ETA: And full AMAZING soundtrack.
View Quote

Enderal - Forgotten Stories Cinematic Story Trailer (English)
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:24:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Play Enderal. It's free on Steam.

(Skyrim mods turned Skyrim-based 'game.' Fully voiced, full new map, LOTS of quality play hours, more immersive plot of a higher quality that Skyrim even had.)

Need to have the correct version of Skyrim, but then Enderal is free.

ETA: And full AMAZING soundtrack.
View Quote

Intro video
Enderal - The beginning of a story (Intro, English - Contains slight spoilers for Nehrim!)
Link Posted: 1/26/2021 3:35:43 PM EDT
[#23]
I've bought Skyrim 3 times (PC, PS4, and Switch) and I've only played about 10 hours of it combined.

Morrowind was my favorite game. I played the shit out of Oblivion as well. Played the shit out of Fallout 3 and New Vegas as well. Just haven't ever got sucked in enough to keep going, but I still intend to play through one day.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:06:26 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Almost ten years old now and still going strong

Multi-player mod now has 50% of quest working and Morrowind/Oblivion remake mods are going smoothly

Game is pretty much timeless, easy to mod, well connected community, funny to think that it is going to be relevant for the next 10 years easily.

Made a new Character, went back to no mods vanilla, sometimes less it more, I like making little backstories.

A female Khajiit with black fur raised in cyrodiil, adopted by a Breton couple who were followers of Dibella and close to well off Alchemists, hence her name is also Breton "Voada Canne", Adventurous and suffers from Kleptomania her parents kept her in check but were Killed in a bandit raid when she was almost an adult, Because of loss and no guidance she eventually stole something she really shouldn't have, fled to Skyrim and got caught, of course.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/391660/20210125181938_1-1796736.jpg

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/391660/20210125182019_1-1796737.jpg

Doing a "No People killed" playthrough, at least for now, might make a pickpocket poisioner build, but killing people is bad m'kay, no kill also made Helga annoying, I have another no people killed as well right now but that is a bit different than this one

She's basically a sneaking dungeon diving, safe lockpicking, potion making, bandit pickpocketing, Dibellian Charmer.

Skills are Sneak, Lockpicking, Pickpocketing, Speachcraft and Alchemy, thats it, no combat, armor, crafting "besides alchemy" or magic skills, yeah suicide i know, bare claws are enough for now, basically if she gets seen its time to "FUCK THIS SHIT IM OUT!"

Thats what I love about the game, with the lore knowledge I have I can peice together any character I want and have it make sense.

whats your builds right now?
View Quote

OMG...

Nice edit.

Did you see the console command where you can just mod your damage?(independent of size=dmg cmd)

I'm just saying, maybe you could put some cloths on this time...

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:14:43 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

OMG...

Nice edit.

Did you see the console command where you can just mod your damage?(independent of size=dmg cmd)

I'm just saying, maybe you could put some cloths on this time...

View Quote

just added some pics, did i miss something? @CherokeeRose

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:51:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

just added some pics, did i miss something? @ CherokeeRose

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/n725075089_288918_2774-532.jpg
View Quote

Yeah, a cat in a dress.

You've definitely gone all out on the role playing with a backstory. I never thought to do that.

I'm teasing you about your original post though, "running around naked with a pocket knife".

Did you see the modifier that only effects dmg output but doesn't effect size? Seems like that could be a way to increase the difficulty and let you use whatever weapons/armor you want to use.  

Looks like you have to put in a separate command for physical dmg, and for each individual magic class. if you do a .5 modifier it looks like it cuts your dmg output in half.

I'm definitely going to try making a 50-70% sized toon and raise the foot travel speed to compensate. Jumping may be a problem though, still, in this game it's not like you can't play because you can't finish a level and progress forward.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:00:16 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:03:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:09:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Curved.

Swords.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:12:38 PM EDT
[#31]
It’s been a while. I personally never enjoyed playing as a stealth archer. Always went full Nord supremacist, joined the Stormcloaks, and went around killing Elves with Wuuthrad and shouting at Dragons.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:28:03 PM EDT
[#32]
I just started playing Skyrim in 2020

I have a Redguard who uses heavy armor and likes 2 handed weapons . Also has good archery skills. I'm working on some Thieves quests more recently because money makes a lot of things easier.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 12:41:55 PM EDT
[#33]
I went from Fallout4 to Skyrim, so the urge at first to grab every single item you see was almost overwhelming.  It took me a few hours to realize most of this stuff is just for looks.  Fallout 4 let you craft with all that junk, but Skyrim doesn't.  Also took a while to gain a sense of what items are rare, so hoard them, and what are so common that you can use them at will, like certain ingredients for alchemy.

I just got the "Craft Orcish Armor" perk, so I've spent the last few hours mining Orichalcum, buying it where I can find it, and improving my Orc armor.  Then I had to up my Smithing so I could get it all improved to Legendary, so I spent a while gathering iron ore, transmuting it to gold, and crafting tons of gemstone jewelry.  Now I got a pretty sweet set of Orcish armor, and some good weapons (Dragonbane, Dawnguard, enchanted Ebony axe and bow), so I'll get back to questing.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:23:33 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Curved.

Swords.
View Quote

Curved ebony swords
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:33:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Just got lake side manor, now I won't have to worry about Alchemy ingredients

Had to cheese kill the bandit from the quest for it but still did not "technically" kill him.

Also joined the theifs guild for selling all these 200lbs of stolen goods and experience, trainers are handy to.

Barely level 15 and until I bought the house I had 7.5k septims, made my red guard housecarl or how you say it my steward to get supply and furnish the house.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:37:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Skyrim belongs to the nords!

I enjoyed the hell out of the game and likely have more than a few hundred hours playing.

It's a fun enough open world. I'd love to see them expand the story.
View Quote

@paul

Head over to the Nexus there are thousands upon thousands of hours of community created content there.

And yes, Skyrim does belong to the nords!
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:42:15 PM EDT
[#37]
I started probably my 10th character last weekend.

I play for 8-10 hours, get to about level 20-25 then feel so overpowered the game gets boring.  I've never finished the main quest line.  I have finished the mages college, dark brotherhood, and thieves guild at various times.  Never finished the companions.

ETA:  It probably doesn't help that I keep building the same Breton character that is basically immune to magic by level 20.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Everybody in this thread needs to add the Skyrim Bookclub podcast to their playlists.

The story of Barenziah is pretty damn good, and it's just amazing how much work went into writing all those almost 2000 books in the game.

https://www.skyrimbookclub.ca/
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#39]
So, reading this thread I did load the newer version of Skyrim and Vortex from Nexus for mods.  Maybe do an archer/thief.  To me the mods are essential for really rounding out the world and gameplay.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:13:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I started probably my 10th character last weekend.

I play for 8-10 hours, get to about level 20-25 then feel so overpowered the game gets boring.  I've never finished the main quest line.  I have finished the mages college, dark brotherhood, and thieves guild at various times.  Never finished the companions.

ETA:  It probably doesn't help that I keep building the same Breton character that is basically immune to magic by level 20.
View Quote

Thats pretty much the same for me. I have hundreds of hours through multiple characters but I have never actually finished the main quest. I just go down the rabbit hole of open world exploration, side quests, DLC and faction quests.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:15:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Everybody in this thread needs to add the Skyrim Bookclub podcast to their playlists.

The story of Barenziah is pretty damn good, and it's just amazing how much work went into writing all those almost 2000 books in the game.

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:36:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote

Almost 2000?!?!

I just started filling up my book shelves, I figure some day I'll read some of it, but just browsing a few of them in game it is quite amazing the amount of work it must have taken.

There are literally books laying around everywhere.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:41:31 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

@ paul

Head over to the Nexus there are thousands upon thousands of hours of community created content there.

And yes, Skyrim does belong to the nords!
View Quote

I stumbled on some mod reviews on youtube one night, OMG.

Holy not safe for work Batman.

I figure I should at least play through it one time without mods first.

The BDSM mod for fallout 4 was... disturbing.

And the "milk machine" mod for skyrim was

IDK WTF but that's quite a rabbit hole to fall down, every time I clicked on a new video it just kept getting worse.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:43:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I stumbled on some mod reviews on youtube one night, OMG.

Holy not safe for work Batman.

I figure I should at least play through it one time without mods first.

The BDSM mod for fallout 4 was... disturbing.

And the "milk machine" mod for skyrim was

IDK WTF but that's quite a rabbit hole to fall down, every time I clicked on a new video it just kept getting worse.

/media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/temp-96.gif
View Quote

Swearing mudcrabs and the thomas the tank engine dragon replacement mod is hilarious
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 2:49:31 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Almost 2000?!?!

I just started filling up my book shelves, I figure some day I'll read some of it, but just browsing a few of them in game it is quite amazing the amount of work it must have taken.

There are literally books laying around everywhere.
View Quote

I want to say the official number is 1800-ish.

We listened to that podcast for 6 hours during our last road trip. She likes and plays that game more than I do.
Link Posted: 1/27/2021 3:21:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:00:48 PM EDT
[#47]
10k gold awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeaaaahhhhhhhhhh
Link Posted: 1/28/2021 9:50:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Once I found these and started robbing the kitties blind, I had 70k before I knew it. If a vendor runs out of gold, save the game, attack it and then load the game you just saved. It'll reset their inventory.

MXR Mods is a YouTube channel that reviews mods for men of culture.
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:29:47 AM EDT
[#49]
I played through the main game once, been meaning to go back and do the expansions for a while.  Can't decide if I want to do it with my original character or start a new one.  I'm a completionist, so I don't do "builds".  I level EVERYTHING up, and did almost all the major arcs that I could figure out how to go through "morally".  I like playing the good guy.  As close to what I would do for real as possible.  Skipped the civil war because both sides suck.  Accidentally started the assassin's guild thing by killing the awful orphanage bitch and had to execute the dude to get out of that house (if there was another way out I couldn't figure it out) but went no further.  Couldn't figure out how to destroy the guild from there, if that was possible.  Also wanted to destroy the thieves guild, couldn't figure that out either so they got largely skipped.

I chose kajit because without knowing anything, the claws and night vision sounded cool.  I'd probably make one of whatever race is the magic-resistant one, because the thing that pissed me off the most was how easily magic killed you (despite sucking major balls when YOU use it).

The last thing I was doing before I stopped playing was trying to find all those mask things.  I'm super curious what happens when you get them all in place at that ruin (don't fucking tell me).  Also exploring the massive underground dwarf ruins.  It really seems like some really cool or important shit should be down there and I was determined to find the "secret" of the place, but I'm pretty sure I thoroughly covered the entire place and found nothing more noteworthy than the different colored plants.  And of course a lot of dwarf gear, but no great secrets or lore.

Never did any mods except the high res pack (not really a mod) and the unofficial fix patches.  I wanted to, but the one or two times I tried to get into it, it was just too difficult to sort out the good ones from the massive piles of shit.  I also didn't want any that would change the original experience, just "fix" things or add minor new quality-of-life improvements.  

At this point, I'll go back to it when I get a VR setup.  I'm guessing that will require starting over.  Probably would want to at this point anyway.  I played a few minutes on a buddy's system, but for some reason the sound wasn't working, and I had to just start out at the beginning instead of really getting to try out gameplay.  Had to do that weird teleport-move thing, please tell me you can set it to move with the controller joystick like a fucking normal game?
Link Posted: 1/29/2021 1:35:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Skyrim...now that is a name I haven't heard of in a long time...

I play a heavily modded version, when I still play it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top