Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 3/10/2022 10:34:42 PM EDT
Anyone lucky enough to get one? I've have one reserved and I am patiently waiting. It just updated in the last few days to a Q3 delivery date.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:42:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Wife has been signed up since day one preorders, no email yet to purchase.
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 10:58:46 PM EDT
[#2]
I got my reservation almost immediately as it came up.

As of yesterday I was pushed back to Q3.  

Who knows when I'll actually get one at this rate
Link Posted: 3/10/2022 11:42:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I got my reservation almost immediately as it came up.

As of yesterday I was pushed back to Q3.  

Who knows when I'll actually get one at this rate
View Quote

Same here. I guess the good news is they should have all the kinks worked out by the time we get them. Plus, the number of compatible games will be much higher.

Im just itching to get it lol.
Link Posted: 3/12/2022 12:39:49 PM EDT
[#4]
I've got a reservation in as well, but I didn't place mine until last month so I don't expect to see mine until probably Christmas if that.

I'm primarily buying mine to be a mobile emulation deck, so I'm watching the development of the Windows install path closely. By the time I actually get mine they will most likely already have everything ironed out.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 2:33:24 AM EDT
[#5]
I got my 512gb reservation in 4 minutes after they went live.

Hoping I'll get my email tomorrow. Mine still says Q1.
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 3:53:27 AM EDT
[#6]
I have the large one since Jan 2020
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 9:50:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Awesome. Let us know how it is when you receive it!

Quoted:
I have the large one since Jan 2020

huh?
Link Posted: 3/14/2022 1:12:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well,

Link Posted: 3/14/2022 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Awesome. Let us know how it is when you receive it!

huh?
View Quote
miss read it as stream deck
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 12:08:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
miss read it as stream deck
View Quote

Ah, that makes sense now
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 11:35:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my email today.

512gb should be here soon!
Link Posted: 3/22/2022 7:55:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Got my email today.

512gb should be here soon!
View Quote

Congrats! I'm excited for you lol.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 8:28:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Got it yesterday. Played Aperture Desk Job, a little bit of Portal and some GTAV.

Not a single hiccup, even with the Rockstar launcher and GTA not being "verified".

The gyro controls are a slick solution to fps games being crippled by joysticks. Not as good as keyboard and mouse, but they're good.

Most impressive was GTAV. Downloaded it and it just works. Cranked the graphics and it still just works. It looks great and is very smooth on the Deck. 1280x800 is fairly impressive to see how well it runs while still looking good on the 7" screen.

I am way more impressed than I expected to be. The Deck is better than it has any right to be for the price.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 9:05:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Got it yesterday. Played Aperture Desk Job, a little bit of Portal and some GTAV.

Not a single hiccup, even with the Rockstar launcher and GTA not being "verified".

The gyro controls are a slick solution to fps games being crippled by joysticks. Not as good as keyboard and mouse, but they're good.

Most impressive was GTAV. Downloaded it and it just works. Cranked the graphics and it still just works. It looks great and is very smooth on the Deck. 1280x800 is fairly impressive to see how well it runs while still looking good on the 7" screen.

I am way more impressed than I expected to be. The Deck is better than it has any right to be for the price.
View Quote

I'm glad to hear it. I can't wait for mine. I ordered the 512gb as well
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 9:55:05 PM EDT
[#15]
I have one on reserve.

My Aya Neo Next pro showed up and I’ve been casually checking it out.

It’s a bit of an adjustment going from amazingly beautiful 3090 graphics to something else. That’s not a complaint. Just an observation / acknowledgement of reality.

Link Posted: 5/13/2022 3:45:03 PM EDT
[#16]
I hope this will be something valve sticks with. They have a really bad habit of dumping their hardware divisions
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 12:16:40 AM EDT
[#17]
I really like the concept, especially for deployment, but it seems redundant to bring a gaming laptop and a Steamdeck so I'm having a hard time figuring out when I'd use it

I'm glad it's working well though. I suspect this is doubling as hardware testing for the new Deckard headset.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 2:24:48 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I really like the concept, especially for deployment, but it seems redundant to bring a gaming laptop and a Steamdeck so I'm having a hard time figuring out when I'd use it

I'm glad it's working well though. I suspect this is doubling as hardware testing for the new Deckard headset.
View Quote

I see this as getting the deck instead of a gaming laptop situation. You're definitely not getting a laptop for that price.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:02:06 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

$$$ aside...

The area the steam deck / Aya Neo / Switch style handhelds excel in is the random "pick it up and play for a few minutes then put it away" bits that come up when traveling or "hurry up and wait" situations.  And the convenience of not needing a table or other flat surface to place anything on.

If you have time / space surface to set up a gaming laptop and mouse, or place the laptop and pull out your XBOX controller then the extra horsepower and fidelity wins.  Particularly being able to use an elite XBOX controller.
Link Posted: 5/18/2022 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

$$$ aside...

The area the steam deck / Aya Neo / Switch style handhelds excel in is the random "pick it up and play for a few minutes then put it away" bits that come up when traveling or "hurry up and wait" situations.  And the convenience of not needing a table or other flat surface to place anything on.

If you have time / space surface to set up a gaming laptop and mouse, or place the laptop and pull out your XBOX controller then the extra horsepower and fidelity wins.  Particularly being able to use an elite XBOX controller.
View Quote

Yep. I have a desktop PC and laptop. This will make it easy to play when traveling, or when the kids are watching one of their shows. Being able to pause easily and tend to the kids is nice. My dates are still July - September. I'm trying to be patient lol. Hopefully it doesn't get pushed back.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:04:41 AM EDT
[#21]
Am i really the first one here ?

Got mine in April and been happy with it but barely used it. If i home i still prefer playing on the PC and when somewhere else rarely have time to play anyway.

Its an amazing little Toy, especially if you have a steam library full of stuff allready.

Hit me with your Questions !
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:17:14 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
I got my 512gb reservation in 4 minutes after they went live..
View Quote

I thought about it a couple minutes and got my reservation for the 512 in about 2 minutes later.  Mine says by the end of Q2/end of july.

Its gonna be my handheld emulation device for retro toilet gaming.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 10:24:19 AM EDT
[#23]
Update since My last post:

It has been almost three months since I got mine and I have booted my PC twice in that time frame. Both times were because the wife wanted to play Beat Saber.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:22:44 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hope this will be something valve sticks with. They have a really bad habit of dumping their hardware divisions
View Quote

Yep.  I remember about 5-7 years ago seeing the valve alienware console in the glass case at walmart sitting right there beside the nintendo, xbox, and playstations.
Guess they didn't take off and valve dropped support.

I don't really play AAA PC games, though.  For me, the steam deck is already an X86 handheld box, with the OS not locked down, and running linux.  Its perfect.  Bonus points that its KDE/plasma.  I've used kubuntu with KDE since back when ubuntu dropped gnome2 for their gnome3 or unity or gnome shell or whatever it was called.

The YUUUUUGE win is valve taking the stance that once you buy the hardware, you own it.  Its not like an iphone or the other consoles or even a tesla where you have to hack and jailbreak them to take control of the hardware that you spent your own money on.  Then you have to make compromises like never updating or never getting online.  Sony even went so far as to take people to court for hacking their own consoles.  Valve and good-guy-gabe recognize that that's bullshit.  The can sell the hardware.  And they can offer up some software for you to buy for it.  But they aren't trying to lock you in to only running the software that they sell.
Link Posted: 6/24/2022 3:43:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Mine is July - September. I was just on a flight/vacation last week and wish I had mine already.  I definitely could have got a lot of use out of it.
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 6:50:58 PM EDT
[#26]
After 3Q for my reservation made a few days ago, I wonder if they mean of 2023.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/14/2022 7:44:07 PM EDT
[#27]
I put up my $5 yesterday for a 512gb. I'll probably get it when Gen 2 is coming out or it dies.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 1:49:25 PM EDT
[#28]
I got my email today.  I jumped from 61.3% to 119.52% from Monday.  Huge jump, 58.22%.  Means a lot of people cancelled or didn't order on the Monday list.  This is good for you guys.  

Check your % here: https://getmydeck.ingenhaag.dev
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:14:06 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I got my email today.  I jumped from 61.3% to 119.52% from Monday.  Huge jump, 58.22%.  Means a lot of people cancelled or didn't order on the Monday list.  This is good for you guys.  

Check your % here: https://getmydeck.ingenhaag.dev
View Quote

Wow. I just checked earlier this week and I was at 46% and now I'm at 92.5%.
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:18:32 PM EDT
[#30]
According to that percentage checker, I should have mine some time in the middle of next year...

And my percentage jumped from more or less zero to a tiny tiny sub decimal percentage amount above zero!
Link Posted: 7/21/2022 2:30:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
According to that percentage checker, I should have mine some time in the middle of next year...

And my percentage jumped from more or less zero to a tiny tiny sub decimal percentage amount above zero!
View Quote

Check back around 6pm EST.  Usually no updates after around 5 or so.  It updates as the day goes on as people get their emails starting around noon.  One guy updates it, it looks like.

You just pre-ordered though so it could take at least a few weeks to get up in %.  But at this rate, shouldn't take long really.  I mean, 58.22% jump for me from Monday to today.
Link Posted: 7/24/2022 2:12:14 PM EDT
[#32]
Got mine Friday and it's been pretty fun so far, this will replace my switch as a travel buddy since it actually has more than five cool games
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 2:06:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Just got my email and purchased mine

Link Posted: 7/25/2022 9:21:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Hell yeah man
Link Posted: 7/25/2022 11:55:53 PM EDT
[#35]
For those of you that like to tinker with things... I stumbled across this information on the Steam Deck. They have tutorials on how to replace parts and they also sell replacement items.

https://www.ifixit.com/Device/Steam_Deck

There is a wealth of information in there.

PARTS
Link Posted: 7/26/2022 4:13:43 AM EDT
[#36]
Apparently replacing the thumb sticks with Hall effect sensor ‘sticks is THE mod to do.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#37]
I got Wind Waker, Twilight Princess, Ocarina of Time 3D and Majora's Mask 3D working buttery smooth!

Also Final Fantasy 12 Zodiac Age runs smoother than buttery on the Deck.  It amazes me how smooth it is, it feels better than playing it on my PC... it's crazy.

This is the ultimate handheld, hands down!  Emulation, Steam games, it's perfect. I also got it to run EA Play games via the cloud app. You need internet to play them but still nice to have.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:09:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Emulation is the whole reason I'm in line to get one.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:24:59 AM EDT
[#39]
That is awesome. I plan to install emulators on mine as well. I have over 6,000 ROMs saved on a hard drive and I've setup a Raspberry Pi to play them, but it's just kind of a hassle to set everything up to play it. The Steam Deck will be much more convenient.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 2:16:06 PM EDT
[#40]
I got my order email yesterday.  512gb steam deck is finally inbound.  Reserved 7/19/2021.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 4:32:12 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I got my order email yesterday.  512gb steam deck is finally inbound.  Reserved 7/19/2021.
View Quote

I received mine today (Reserved 512gb version on 7/17/21). It was supposed to be delivered yesterday, but FedEx decided to lose it for a day lol.

Unfortunately I'm home with my sick 9 month old so I haven't had much time to play with it. I did download a few games and EmuDeck and I'm excited to play around with it.

Link Posted: 8/2/2022 5:56:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Do these have a dock to play on a TV like the Switch?
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:17:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote

There is one planned by Valve, but no release yet. There are 3rd party docks made specifically for this deck that will work. I haven't ordered one to try it yet, but it would be nice to have so you can download games over ethernet instead of WiFi.

Steam Dock

JSAUX Dock
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 7:51:36 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
That is awesome. I plan to install emulators on mine as well. I have over 6,000 ROMs saved on a hard drive and I've setup a Raspberry Pi to play them, but it's just kind of a hassle to set everything up to play it. The Steam Deck will be much more convenient.
View Quote

I use a PiBoy for mobile emulation.

Attachment Attached File

Kharn
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 8:00:05 PM EDT
[#45]
View Quote

I did check that out and might still grab one.

I also thought THIS looked pretty cool. But with the Steam Deck it kind of eliminates the need for any of those.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:24:14 PM EDT
[#46]
I started with a GPi running a zero 2W, then got a PiBoy DMG with a 4gb Pi4, and now I need a Steam Deck.

The problem with emulation is it is like building cars… you finish your project, realize you can go faster if you just had a better chassis, spend more money, and start all over again.

Plus the Pi based architecture is limited… sure it’s great if all you want to emulate are older 8 and 16 bit stuff, but it really starts to struggle with 32 bit and up, and anything remotely new is out of the question. The Steam Deck for me has the allure of mobile gaming with the power of one of my pc based emulation cabinets, except I can take it on a plane with me.
Link Posted: 8/2/2022 9:28:14 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

They're a computer.  You can pick from the world of USB-C docks with display port, dvi, and HDMI out.  The oddness is the USB port is on the top of the steam deck, so you can't just set it down in a dock like the switch, unless somebody makes a dock where you set the deck in it upside down.  And they have bluetooth, so you can pair any of a million different mouse/keyboard/controller to use.

I have a PS3 controller I used for my linux desktop, running KDE, as recently as last year.  And I have a switch pro controlled paired with my smart TV over bluetooth and it works fine.  So thats most of the equation right there.  USB-C to HDMI dongle and a bluetooth controller.
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 1:13:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Love mine!

Link Posted: 8/4/2022 1:19:30 PM EDT
[#49]
View Quote

That should be a bannable offense.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/4/2022 1:30:18 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Anyone lucky enough to get one? I've have one reserved and I am patiently waiting. It just updated in the last few days to a Q3 delivery date.
View Quote
Not me.  Mine says I signed up 7/20/2021 and is showing availability Q3 July-Sep 2022.   Looks like the tracker says 20 hours 35 min and 56 seconds of pre-orders until it's my turn. 79.37% of the way there.   Monday might be interesting.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top