Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/23/2020 10:17:53 AM EDT
I have a hankering for a taste of Louisiana and have a few nice ribeyes in the fridge to be grilled tonight.

Has anybody done a Cajun/Creole steak by using Tony Chachere’s as the seasoning?
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
I have a hankering for a taste of Louisiana and have a few nice ribeyes in the fridge to be grilled tonight.

Has anybody done a Cajun/Creole steak by using Tony Chachere’s as the seasoning?
View Quote

I use Tony's on like everything. But I don't use it on steak. Just doesn't really go with it. But that's just my preference.

And I put that shit on popcorn and pasta etc..

If you are using the original, don't add any salt. There's a ton in it already and it's easy to accidentally oversalt it.

The "bold" would be alright on steak I think
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 10:47:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I use the extra spice version sometimes.  A little goes a long way for me.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 11:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I use Tony's on like everything. But I don't use it on steak. Just doesn't really go with it. But that's just my preference.

And I put that shit on popcorn and pasta etc..

If you are using the original, don't add any salt. There's a ton in it already and it's easy to accidentally oversalt it.

The "bold" would be alright on steak I think
View Quote

I use Tony’s on many things myself, but find it overpowering with salt using it even modestly. I’m considering ordering the low sodium online. For some reason it makes me sneeze as well.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:48:54 PM EDT
[#4]
Yea, I agree on the salty regular version. I am using the next one up in spiciness and it doesn’t taste near as salty.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 12:52:50 PM EDT
[#5]
I use Char Crust cajun. Also use Weber steak and chop. Great stuff.
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 8:05:09 PM EDT
[#6]
It was delicious, I’d do this again, not every time but it’s in the rotation.
Link Posted: 5/25/2020 2:29:09 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I use Tony’s on many things myself, but find it overpowering with salt using it even modestly. I’m considering ordering the low sodium online. For some reason it makes me sneeze as well.
View Quote

Same here. I use Tony’s on everything. The salt free makes me sneeze like crazy.
Link Posted: 5/27/2020 11:17:30 PM EDT
[#8]
I use Tony's on everything even popcorn.
Live in South Louisiana. It is as common as Community Coffee.
But on my steak I like either Montreal Steak Seasoning or Bad Byron's Butt Rub.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:06:56 PM EDT
[#9]
1 part tonys to 1 part Everglades seasoning.
Is great on pork,chicken....
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:39:19 PM EDT
[#10]
I put Tony's on everything.....steak included.

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:51:12 PM EDT
[#11]
I make my own. Otherwise I use this.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#12]
I mix this with melted butter.  Brush on the mix.
Link Posted: 6/4/2020 4:56:36 PM EDT
[#13]
I like Tony’s but I buy the “lower salt” version.

Slap ya mamma is better.
Link Posted: 6/6/2020 2:07:30 AM EDT
[#14]
I added to steaks when I was young, broke, bought cheap steaks and wasn't too bright. Prime beef + Kosher salt and ground black pepper now.

We have some on the cabinet, but rarely gets used, and not for steaks. I use the Bold flavored one. The regular is too damned salty.

Link Posted: 6/8/2020 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Tonys is good on anything..
Link Posted: 6/9/2020 12:26:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Has anybody done a Cajun/Creole steak by using Tony Chachere's as the seasoning?
View Quote
Not on steak, nothing but SPG for me..otherwise I use it on damn near everything else
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top