Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2018 6:50:12 PM EDT
Hello folks,

Could someone recommended me a good starter kit for a IPA style beer? I have never brewed before but I have made wine. I have approx. 6 gallon 2 demi-johns that I could use and 6.5. I would need all the tools as well.

Is it alright to keep in my garage during the process? The temp inside the garage changes from 50s to 70s.

Thanks..
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 8:47:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Any of the online/one near you home brew stores would have IPA kits.
Sounds like you have something to ferment in. You'd need to have a pot big enough to boil at least half the batch you plan on making, full size would be even better. Plus a way to chill it to ferment temp.
It's best to ferment at a steady temp. I ferment at 65 degrees at work. You don't want big temp swings.
Any other questions just ask.
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 10:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Those are not actually  "starter" kits.  Simply kits.  They can make some damn good beer.  I have been brewing nearly three years and I do kits, partial extracts, mini mashes and all grain.

Quite a few companies make them.  My local brew supply store sells Brewers Best, so that's what I use when I brew a kit.  Brewers Best has several IPA kits.

If you have a store locally, chat with them.
Link Posted: 10/10/2018 9:47:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Sounds great, thank you!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top