Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/3/2019 9:53:52 PM EDT
SWTOR is free to play, you don't have to spend a dime if you don't want to.  The F2P version is pretty restrictive in terms of inventory, hotbars, and equipment, but you can play all the way through the game up to the latest expansion without paying anything.

You can pay $15 a month to unlock everything, no restrictions.

You can get the Deluxe version on Origin to get 60 days of game time, 1500 cartel credits, and a free level 70 for $26 if you are an Origin Access member.  It gives you a code that you input on the website.

It would be awesome if we could get enough people to do a raid at some point!

We're currently playing Sith on Satele Shan.

If you use this link, I potentially (if you pay) I get pets lol.  Freebies for me, I'm not sure if you gets the mount or not, I really don't know.

You don't need to use my link, can just go to the main site, just come play with us!

We have a guild created, it's named Twilek's Gone Wild.  You know you want to be the next cameraman!

http://www.swtor.com/r/KX3gNr

Discord: https://discord.gg/UQbhsvc
Link Posted: 12/4/2019 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 1:14:09 AM EDT
[#2]
Really, no one wants to play?

We need new models and cameramen!

Link Posted: 12/5/2019 11:22:06 AM EDT
[#3]
I have to be honest, I love KOTOR 1 and 2 (and I actually just replayed both a little while ago) but this game has never interested me... all because of three little letters: M M O.
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have to be honest, I love KOTOR 1 and 2 (and I actually just replayed both a little while ago) but this game has never interested me... all because of three little letters: M M O.
View Quote
The story is great, not quite KOTOR great, but it's very good. Plus, it's free to play.

You don't have to play with anyone else, can play solo if you want, treat it like a singleplayer game.

Or, you could play with us and have fun on discord
Link Posted: 12/5/2019 4:35:22 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
I tried twice to get into it and found it boring.  The stories for the characters is fine, but the game play is as unexciting as possible.  Anywhere you go, the enemies are spaced out and placed to speedbump you while you do mostly fetch quests/activities.  MMO's in general have the worst gameplay of any genre and i say this as a huge fan of RPG's.  I know that fetch quest are common in any RPG, but its always worse in an MMO where it seems like a grid is used to generically place enemy combatants all over.  I quit ESO for the same reasons.  Waste of time and money.

SWTOR had decent graphics when it came out though.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 8:14:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I dusted off my old account, I haven't played in a couple years though.   What time is everyone online?
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 9:05:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Well, I dusted off my old account, I haven't played in a couple years though.   What time is everyone online?
View Quote
Honestly not sure.  The few that joined haven't been on in a couple days

I'm always on in discord.
Link Posted: 12/9/2019 9:12:01 PM EDT
[#8]
You called?

I may eventually play again. I don't have time for games at the moment
Link Posted: 12/11/2019 3:33:36 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I tried twice to get into it and found it boring.  The stories for the characters is fine, but the game play is as unexciting as possible.  Anywhere you go, the enemies are spaced out and placed to speedbump you while you do mostly fetch quests/activities.  MMO's in general have the worst gameplay of any genre and i say this as a huge fan of RPG's.  I know that fetch quest are common in any RPG, but its always worse in an MMO where it seems like a grid is used to generically place enemy combatants all over.  I quit ESO for the same reasons.  Waste of time and money.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup, and quests are their objectives are spaced so you have to spend a lot of travel time, just for the sake of slowing down your progression.

I played from beta until a couple months after release.  The story was okay, but not great.  PvP was fun...only because I was using a broken class and could 1v2 repeatedly.

I had a Jedi Knight Guardian that bugged out on the last story mission - the final confrontation wouldn't trigger.  Multiple tickets and a month of waiting, and it was never fixed.

I'm definitely not going back.  KOTOR 3 or bust.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#10]
I'm reinstalling.  Looks like I have about 12k Cartel Coins.

Looks like all of my characters are on Star Forge, but I can transfer them over.  I have a level 50 BH and a level 50 Sith Inquisitor.  I'm not sure how much I'll play (and I have to relearn how to play), but I'll check it out again.  I'll post character names once I get them transferred.
Link Posted: 12/15/2019 12:10:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 12/18/2019 7:40:08 PM EDT
[#12]
Got everything installed and patched up, and ported my 52 BH over.  Had to rename her, which I expected.

New name is Talyska and yes, all of my Sith side characters are female for some reason.  

I'll be on the lookout for y'all.
Link Posted: 12/19/2019 5:23:25 PM EDT
[#13]
For those that want to join, it's easiest to get my on discord so I can hop on to add you.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 2:07:29 PM EDT
[#14]
You all still playing? Haven't played SWtOR since 2015 but might reinstall and give it a whirl. Looks like they condensed down to 2 servers, and 10 of my characters are on Star Forge, but 1 is on Satele Shan.
Link Posted: 12/28/2019 6:42:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
You all still playing? Haven't played SWtOR since 2015 but might reinstall and give it a whirl. Looks like they condensed down to 2 servers, and 10 of my characters are on Star Forge, but 1 is on Satele Shan.
View Quote
I haven't played in a couple weeks due to no one else wanting to play.  

People kept saying they would, then no one did lol.
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 1:21:00 AM EDT
[#16]
I am on Star Forge.  Can I move characters over?
Link Posted: 1/1/2020 3:49:00 PM EDT
[#17]
Have they made pvp great again yet?
Started as a marauder then they were nerfed into the ground for a long time and I quit. I would pick it up again if the pvp was worth it.
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:54:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Just started last night.  Got up to level 13 but it scaled it  back to level 10.  Is that because its a free account or because of the planet im on?
Link Posted: 1/4/2020 3:58:25 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Just started last night.  Got up to level 13 but it scaled it  back to level 10.  Is that because its a free account or because of the planet im on?
View Quote
It level syncs to the area you're in.  You're level 13, but synced to level 10 stuff, it's a way to make it so you can level in any area.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:25:25 AM EDT
[#20]
My favorite events were the bouty hunter ones that would drop every few months.
A couple years ago
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 11:40:35 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:22:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Still in the rotation. They've added a pirate guild themed event on Dantooine which is fun.

Personally my favorite event was the initial Rakghoul outbreak event on Tatooine.
View Quote
That was awesome!

I love the green/black crystal you got.
Link Posted: 1/19/2020 2:26:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:29:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
The armor set is nice too. Now you can buy it from the Cartel Bazaar.
View Quote
@Seiran

Can you still get the color crystals?  I really want a couple more for my other characters.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 1:11:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 3:14:49 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
The particular one from the first event - No. That was specific to that event. There are a bunch of crystals you can get that are very similar though through the galactic trade network or the cartel market. And some planetary vendors still have some as well.

ETA - Now that I think about it, check out the THORN reputation vendor on Nar Shaadaa and I believe there is one in the cartel bazaar on Fleet. They might have a copy you can buy.

@jatobi
View Quote
Thanks!

ETA:

You can still buy them from Jeelvic in the Bazaar, but need the quest items.

Guess I'll have to wait until the next event lol.  Not paying 20m+ for a crystal.
Link Posted: 1/21/2020 11:25:23 PM EDT
[#27]
I remember that game.

I sold my white pvp and power crystals right before I quit to play Diablo 3.
Link Posted: 1/22/2020 1:17:09 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 3:30:02 PM EDT
[#29]
Just hit level 20 Sith Assassin. How do I join the guild?
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 5:59:18 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 6:02:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Just hit level 20 Sith Assassin. How do I join the guild?
View Quote
No one came to play lol.  It's literally just me and 1 other.

I don't have time to play every day either right now, classes started back.  
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 11:09:39 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No one came to play lol.  It's literally just me and 1 other.

I don't have time to play every day either right now, classes started back.  
View Quote
No worries I play here and there. I’m still figuring everything out
Link Posted: 1/25/2020 2:34:59 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 1/26/2020 8:16:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It's a lot simpler now than at launch. I remember having to focus on Willpower because that was the main stat for Inquisitor's.
View Quote
It's a totally different game than it was at launch, in many ways.   They've dumbed a lot of stuff down, and added others.  It's always been a decent game, but without the Star Wars lore to hang it on it doesn't really stick out, and it seems they went out the their way to avoid using anything from Star Wars except some visuals and a few Easter Eggs and callouts.

I still think if it had, at launch:  a. real space ships/travel/combat (that you could customize); b., more of a sandbox/persistent effects aspect; and c. an engine that wasn't totally and predictably obsolete, they could have been printing money.   Given the amount they spent developing it, all three would have been achievable, but they spent their money on voice acting instead.  Especially a. was a HUGE turn-off to all non-MMO people who picked up the game because "Star Wars".  Remember all the people in fleet asking about space travel the first month after launch?
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 1:30:34 AM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:42:16 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
To be fair they developed the "Hero" engine for the game instead of going with something more high end was so they could include more people in the player base.
View Quote
That's great, except the hero engine is ridiculously resource intensive, except in single player applications.  I know several people who quit over Ilum and PvP within the first month or so.  The engine has no business in a MMORPG, especially one that touted open-world PvP and events so heavily.
Link Posted: 1/28/2020 9:45:27 PM EDT
[#37]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top