Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 150
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:34:35 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By RattleCanAR:
I think we are getting a throw back/forward.
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Except they left it there. So unless they address it later on it’s just lost.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:35:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

I thought they left the box in the warehouse?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:40:41 AM EDT
[#3]
Originally Posted By Wobblin-Goblin:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Click To View Spoiler

They did.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:43:52 AM EDT
[Last Edit: RattleCanAR] [#4]

View Quote

The story is just getting started but it could be the reason for the series besides the characters.

Episode 3 at the beginning they are tearing down a Venator class SD based on the hull paint.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:48:11 AM EDT
[#5]
The actor who plays the security Sargeant is the same actor who played the leader of the miners in Chernobyl miniseries on HBO.

So far I am liking this story.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:16:21 AM EDT
[#6]
BTW, I happened to watch Aliens last night and could not miss the similarities between Lt. Gorman of the Colonial Marines and the Security Force Lt. in Andor. Not only do the actors look alike, their characters are pretty much identical.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:20:37 AM EDT
[#7]
BTW, I happened to watch Aliens last night and could not miss the similarities between Lt. Gorman of the Colonial Marines and the Security Force Lt. in Andor. Not only do the actors look alike, their characters are pretty much identical.
View Quote

It’s probably based on experience in real life and has echoed on in Hollywood tropes.

Every grunt who has served knows of the overly motivated, inexperienced Lt that gets lost easily, freezes up, and ultimately has a high risk of getting people killed as a result.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:22:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By _DR:

I didn't think the Boba Fett series was that bad. Not great, but not bad.
View Quote

Boba Fatt?  The best episodes of that were the ones where he was second fiddle to Mando.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:40:51 AM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By AR-1904:

What am I missing?
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Lieh-tzu:
I'm just amused the OP hasn't corrected the thread title.

I stand for house Trakand! Elayne for the Lion Throne!

What am I missing?

Wheel of Time series Andor
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:29:44 AM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:

I’m not seeing it so far. In fact the idea of the small, armed resistance standing up to massive government abuse and overreach is something most of us here, I’d think, would enjoy watching on-screen
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Pair_of_ACES:
Originally Posted By Sputnik556:
Originally Posted By Lucifer_Sam:
Originally Posted By GutWrench:
The rumor is its extremely woke. All the men are bumbling idiots who walk around with the same dumb look they had Kenobi wear while the women plot and battle it out. Kathleen Kennedy had her labia all over this.

Well, they were talking about how its a "Trumpian world" that they were building in the show, so probably.

One actress said that, that was her view.

I’m not seeing it so far. In fact the idea of the small, armed resistance standing up to massive government abuse and overreach is something most of us here, I’d think, would enjoy watching on-screen

Pretty much what you said. Overbearing government with a police state trying to take everything possible from its citizens. Those who want to be free and left alone are pushed over the edge. Certainly has some parallels to today, not Trump years. Typical of derranged lefties to create/see a reality that they think is how oppressed they are but actually project their world control fantasy.

All in all, the first 3 episodes were decent. Lots of character development and background story. Deep dive into citizen life within the Empire and trying to survive. Here is hoping to more spy/sabatoge missions that were hinted to in the last episode by Andor.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:44:46 AM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By C-ham:

Pretty much what you said. Overbearing government with a police state trying to take everything possible from its citizens. Those who want to be free and left alone are pushed over the edge. Certainly has some parallels to today, not Trump years. Typical of derranged lefties to create/see a reality that they think is how oppressed they are but actually project their world control fantasy.

All in all, the first 3 episodes were decent. Lots of character development and background story. Deep dive into citizen life within the Empire and trying to survive. Here is hoping to more spy/sabatoge missions that were hinted to in the last episode by Andor.
View Quote

They need to depict the reasons for the rebellion.

Rebellions aren’t built on hope. They are built on hate and disdain for oppression. Show the reason for that hate.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#12]

Rebellions aren’t built on hope. They are built on hate and disdain for oppression. Show the reason for that hate.
View All Quotes

Hope for better things. For freedom. There’s some ugly business that must be attended to first, where the hate comes in. So hope is still in play. Also, it connects to A New Hope, so there’s that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:55:53 AM EDT
[#13]
I’m surprised nobody picked up on the small call back during the exchange between the chief inspector and his deputy.

Old man mentioned he was on Lothal.

With this being 5 years before Rogue One and IV, there’s a chance he may have encountered Kanan and company.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:58:28 AM EDT
[#14]
Liking it so far.  Only complaint is the low budget CGI ships moving around more like the force awakens than A New Hope.

And the climax of the street battle. Marva said the blues should worry when the ringing stops.  It stopped, all the tension built up as if the whole town were surrounding them, and nobody did anything.  One guy tied a cable to a ship, but otherwise, it was Andor and his friend doing all the fighting.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:39:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Durka-Durka:

And the climax of the street battle. Marva said the blues should worry when the ringing stops.  It stopped, all the tension built up as if the whole town were surrounding them, and nobody did anything.  One guy tied a cable to a ship, but otherwise, it was Andor and his friend doing all the fighting.
View Quote

Intimidation.

And it worked, her guards boogied.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 3:42:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Originally Posted By HeyCoach:
I’m surprised nobody picked up on the small call back during the exchange between the chief inspector and his deputy.

With this being 5 years before Rogue One and IV, there’s a chance he may have encountered Kanan and company.
View Quote

I missed that. Need to watch them all again.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:12:12 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiempos_Peligrosos] [#17]
I just stumbled across this and am partway through E1.  So far it's in a whole other class than everything before, much grittier and better written with an interesting storyline,  The main character accidentally kills a security officer and doesn't hesitate to whack the witness begging for his life.

All we need are some tits and it'll be better than Rings and Dragons combined!

The only downside might be the Island of Disgustingly Cute Kids.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:33:15 PM EDT
[#18]

View Quote

I'm going to have to rewatch it now. I missed that.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:35:20 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Tiempos_Peligrosos] [#19]
View Quote

Lt Gorman was incompetent, Deputy Insp Karn is a driven martinet, two totally different animals, I think.  I'm thinking Inspector Javert.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:55:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Originally Posted By Bluegrasscardinal:
Disney will never outdo the Christmas special.

Especially this scene where one of Chewy’s kin is jerking off.
Whomever produced this was dropping some serious acid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_CRTow8hFvM
View Quote

Exactly how much acid was the writer on?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#21]
rewatching

What were they mining on Kassa's home world?  Where are the adults on the home world?

Even grittier than I first thought.  Music is nothing like SW before.  There is no way that KK had a damn thing to do with this show.
View Quote

Unknown what was mined. Empire controlled when accident and completely wrecked the air, toxic. Implied it killed the vast majority of adult population in the area (whole planet).
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:30:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Originally Posted By Tiempos_Peligrosos:
I just stumbled across this and am partway through E1.  So far it's in a whole other class than everything before, much grittier and better written with an interesting storyline,  The main character accidentally kills a security officer and doesn't hesitate to whack the witness begging for his life.

View Quote

Why do tits have to be in everything?  Don't get me wrong, I like 'em as much as anyone, but there's a place for that.  Star Wars?  Can probably do without.  Doesn't really add to the story at all.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:32:54 PM EDT
[#23]
LOL when the security personnel unassed their drop ship I was immediately reminded of Meal Team 6! (E03)

And tits are a force multiplier.  Or maybe like adobo sauce, they just make everything better!

Does Stellan Skarsgard class up everything he's in?  I feel like he makes everything he's in more serious.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:44:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Don't care.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#25]
This is pretty good as a stand alone. Like it is better to forget about it being in the star wars universe and just enjoy it as what it is VS having a zillion callbacks or having to fit in.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 6:56:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Man, this last episode!  The cordon and sweep was done fairly well and the running firefights were a lot better.  No bullshit with 87 Stormtroopers rushing into a funnel like a gaggle of retards and missing with every round.  And the backstory with Maarva and Andor is kinda touching.

So far this may be the best SW endeavor since Empire Strikes Back, am I wrong?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:51:48 PM EDT
[#27]
It’s really sucking so far from a plot stand point.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 7:59:53 PM EDT
[#28]
Just watched it again, makes a whole lot more sense the second time. And I didn't catch the Lothal mention the first time around but heard it this time.

Really really liking this.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:00:14 PM EDT
[#29]
Originally Posted By aftac:
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:03:57 PM EDT
[#30]
View Quote

We're only three episodes in, I think they're building up to it with the introduction of Stellan Skarsgard's character, Luthen.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:24:02 PM EDT
[#31]

Rebellions aren't built on hope. They are built on hate and disdain for oppression. Show the reason for that hate.
View Quote
Imagine how long it takes in one nation, now imagine it on a galaxy level.

It would be a slow burn, but at some point it can't be extinguished.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:41:57 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Merlin] [#32]
I'm surprised nobody picked up on the small call back during the exchange between the chief inspector and his deputy.

With this being 5 years before Rogue One and IV, there's a chance he may have encountered Kanan and company.
View Quote
For somebody who doesn't speak starwarsnerd - what does this mean?
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:56:59 PM EDT
[#33]
It's really sucking so far from a plot stand point.
View Quote

You must be drunk as fuck and need a nap
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:59:25 PM EDT
[Last Edit: TheTallest] [#34]
Originally Posted By Merlin:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Merlin:
I'm surprised nobody picked up on the small call back during the exchange between the chief inspector and his deputy.

With this being 5 years before Rogue One and IV, there's a chance he may have encountered Kanan and company.

Lothal is a planet that invited the Empire to take over industry because the planet was poor. They figured the Empire would bring jobs and money. Instead what the planet got was occupation and depleted resources.

A small group of people formed a group called Spectre and ran covert operations sabotaging Imperial installations.

The Spectres consisted of a squad of five and one droid.

Hera Syndulla
Kanan Jarrus
Ezra Bridger
Garazeb Orrelios
Sabine Wren
Chopper

They were eventually brought into the Rebellion by Fulcrum which was the Intelligence arm of the New Republic and was established by Anakin Skywalker during the Clone Wars and run by Ahsoka Tano after the Clone Wars.

The entire Rebels story line takes place approximately 18 years before the battle of Yavin so it's possible Cassian Andor may run across or may have run across some of the members of Spectre.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 9:07:57 PM EDT
[#35]

Why do tits have to be in everything?  Don't get me wrong, I like 'em as much as anyone, but there's a place for that.  Star Wars?  Can probably do without.  Doesn't really add to the story at all.
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Tiempos_Peligrosos:

Star Wars has had tits since 1983.  And I'm not talking about Leia in the bikini.  That dancer she replaced had one flopping out as she fell into the rancor pit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 10:37:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Originally Posted By Bomber46:

Star Wars has had tits since 1983.  And I'm not talking about Leia in the bikini.  That dancer she replaced had one flopping out as she fell into the rancor pit.
View Quote
Green tit shot in a PG movie
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 11:34:40 PM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By FreefallRet:
Originally Posted By Bomber46:

12 year old me paused the shit out of that VHS tape.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:09:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Originally Posted By knifewrench:
Ah yes, consume current product.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/25/2022 12:25:46 AM EDT
[#39]

What am I missing?
View All Quotes

What am I missing?

Andor is a kingdom - well, queendom - in the Wheel of Time series.

I can't believe the Star Wars folks ripped off a name from another fictional series. I assumed that was a typo. Seems pretty dumb on their part in my opinion.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:05:00 AM EDT
[#40]
Originally Posted By Skywarp2203:

lol

Kenobi was trash.
View Quote

This. The little shit was irritating as hell.

Ditto for Boba. Wooden acting.

I couldn’t finish either of these turds.

2 episodes into Andor.

I like it so far, but there aren’t any really sympathetic characters so far. Hard to like a cold blooded killer. The one girl, Adria, is a bright spot so far, as an actress and lead female character. Her boyfriend is a jealous asshat.

It’s slow, but I’m looking forward to more.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:15:08 AM EDT
[#41]

I can't believe the Star Wars folks ripped off a name from another fictional series. I assumed that was a typo. Seems pretty dumb on their part in my opinion.
View All Quotes

What am I missing?

Well that explains it. I’ve never seen Wheel of Time.
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 1:31:10 AM EDT
[#42]
I liked all three episodes. No purples haired SJW lesbians. Lead female character doesn’t appear to be a Mary Sue. Andor is a solid character but over hyped like boba or kenobi. His story is still yet to be told.

Good story so far, excellent acting, cinematically looks like a movie, not cheap sets like we saw on boba or kenobi (hey looks were fighting in a gravel pit, and oh no there is fire!).
Link Posted: 9/25/2022 7:58:58 PM EDT
[#43]
I rewatched the 3 episodes the last 2 nights and thought it was a lot better, and I already had a high opinion of it upon first viewing.

Only criticism is it does feel like a spinoff and only tangentially set in the star wars galaxy, and that some things feel too real-world (the cursing "crap, shit, etc." is out of place).
The episodes going forward should cement it back into the universe though with Empire interactions.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 1:40:02 PM EDT
[#44]
When does the next set drop?

And what happens next?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:23:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

And what happens next?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Bingo
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:28:01 PM EDT
[#46]

View All Quotes

This. I'm not sure the commies writing for Disney even understand the idea of a cause for liberty enough to break it down in a script.
Something I noticed I think in episode 8 ( gave up on the world after that one) the Rebels seemed to have no cause of value....no understanding of what they were even fighting for. Seemed like pink haired Lib women flying around space looking for men to boss around.
Sorry, if Im a single guy on a moon planet in a vast galaxy...odds are I can get lost and live my own life if you can't sway me with liberty.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:35:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Originally Posted By Undaunted:

And what happens next?

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

One episode at a time from now on. Next episode airs at midnight tonight pacific time.

Star Wars Andor Episode 4 Official Clip | Disney+
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:56:00 PM EDT
[#48]
So here's a super nerdy observation about the timeline, specifically the flashback sequence of young Cassian.

According to Wookipiedia, Cassian was born 26 BBY. Order 66 happened 19BBY. That makes him ~7 when the Empire took over. He looks older than that in the flashbacks, so you'd think it was post Order 66.  

So why does the crew of the downed ship have Separatist symbols on their uniforms? And why are Maarva and her husband worried about the incoming Republic ship? Both of those entities shouldn't exist at this point. Also, Maarva wants to take Cassian because she thinks the Republic will kill him because his little band of Lost Boys have just killed a Republic officer. But that was a Separatist crew. Also also, the Republic (Clones) weren't really known for smoking little kids. Something isn't adding up.

Yes, I think way too much about this sort of thing.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:11:44 PM EDT
[#49]
Originally Posted By T1NMAN:

This. I'm not sure the commies writing for Disney even understand the idea of a cause for liberty enough to break it down in a script.
Something I noticed I think in episode 8 ( gave up on the world after that one) the Rebels seemed to have no cause of value....no understanding of what they were even fighting for. Seemed like pink haired Lib women flying around space looking for men to boss around.
Sorry, if Im a single guy on a moon planet in a vast galaxy...odds are I can get lost and live my own life if you can't sway me with liberty.
View All Quotes

Lol

Link Posted: 9/27/2022 3:36:48 PM EDT
[#50]

Lol

https://i.imgflip.com/6uwgjs.gif
View All Quotes

Rebellions aren't built on hope. They are built on hate and disdain for oppression. Show the reason for that hate.

Lol

https://i.imgflip.com/6uwgjs.gif
Aaaand now I need a new keyboard

Page / 150
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top