Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/11/2021 12:33:50 AM EDT
Well, apparently, I've been bit by a fondness for the "unexplained" in Christianity as of late. Here's one about the famous Ley Line of St. Michael which creates a "sword" across Europe to Jerusalem.

The mysteriuos line of St. Michael Archangel. Marked by 7 monasteries.

In the interest of fairness I have included a skeptic's explanation:

"Physicist Luca Amendola noted that the deviation of these sites from the loxodrome that allegedly connects them ranges between 14 km and 42 km. The alignment is likely to be a coincidence, as Europe has a high density of religious buildings and because of the prominence of Saint Michael in Christianity."

It's been my observation that the skeptic's faith in "Coincidence" often eclipses the Christian's faith in God.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 12:58:07 AM EDT
[#1]
Awesome!  Thank you for sharing that.

Quoted:
It's been my observation that the skeptic's faith in "Coincidence" often eclipses the Christian's faith in God.
View Quote

Yes, total coincidence. IIRC, Chesterton has a close statement to the quote above in Orthodoxy.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 10:12:39 AM EDT
[#2]
We recite the St Michael's prayer in our church before the priest's procession at the end of the mass in our church.
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:00:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Praise be St Michael!!! Prince of God

"Who is like God.... No ONE is like God!" -St Michael

Thank you,

ValleyGunner
Link Posted: 2/11/2021 6:52:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 2/14/2021 1:49:30 AM EDT
[#5]
"Coincidence is God's way of remaining anonymous."... or something like that.

St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle,
be our protection against the wickedness and snares of the devil.  
May God rebuke him we humbly pray;
and do thou, O Prince of the Heavenly host,
by the power of God,
cast into hell Satan and all the evil spirits who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls.
Amen.

Just as anyone in battle hears the voice of his friends in the din of the day, does not God's servant Angels, draw tear and tug at his belt awaiting God's voice.... Loose!

The war which satan started, rages yet.  Although defeated, he still tears and shreds in his beguiling anger.  It was Michael, the Archangel who was the tip of God's justice.... and remains today.

Psalm 91... https://bible.usccb.org/bible/psalms/91

Readings for The Sixth Sunday in Ordinary time: https://bible.usccb.org/bible/readings/021421.cfm

For those who have seen, none can forget
For those defy, none will remember

To Jesus Christ be all the Praise and Glory!  Forever! Amen.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top