Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/25/2018 9:14:58 PM EDT
Anyone have clone recipe, or an idea of the grain bill for St.Bernardus Extra 4?

For a change i'm looking to make a light belgian session beer.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 9:20:02 PM EDT
[#1]
I’d try something similar to this , so some research though

10 gallon batch

14 pounds dingamins Pilsner malt

1 pound table sugar in boil.

First wort hop with a noble veriaty low in AA keep it around 15-20 IBU

Ferment low around 64 for around 36-48 hours and then let free rise to around 78 with white labs Abby yeast strain .

If you want I can text or email pics of recipies out of the Brew like a monk book . It is a good read and has lots of good ideas in it .

Should get you pretty close and you can fine tune from there
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 11:34:00 AM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. I have BLAM and it didn't have anything specific for extra 4. I was hoping to find any specialty malts used, there's something I can't place with it.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 12:27:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Thanks. I have BLAM and it didn't have anything specific for extra 4. I was hoping to find any specialty malts used, there's something I can't place with it.
View Quote
Ok , I’ll do some digging if I get a chance , I’m friends with a pro brewer that does mostly Belgian stuff , I’ll ask him and see what he thinks .
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 1:18:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ok , I’ll do some digging if I get a chance , I’m friends with a pro brewer that does mostly Belgian stuff , I’ll ask him and see what he thinks .
View Quote
Great, thank you.

Is extra 4 brewed as it's own beer? Or is it a second run pater beer off a stronger ale?
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 2:16:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Great, thank you.

Is extra 4 brewed as it's own beer? Or is it a second run pater beer off a stronger ale?
View Quote
From what I’ve read , I don’t think they actually do party guile brewing anymore ( I think I spelled that right ) , but you could if you wanted to.
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Here , try this but scale it down to meet your OG . I was reading a thread , I think on Reddit that suggested doin this .

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/26/2018 5:06:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Here , try this but scale it down to meet your OG . I was reading a thread , I think on Reddit that suggested doin this
View Quote
Great idea, thanks.

I have all the recipes from csi they look legit for home brewing. Their triple karmelit is very similar to what I attempted in my clone of it based off blam info.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top