Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/30/2021 10:30:44 PM EDT
Thinking about picking one of these up. I would play it like a standard tuned guitar and maybe mess with some surf rock stuff. Anybody have any experience with it it or the Bass VI in general?
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 7:40:16 AM EDT
[#1]
I like the scale length but dont like the pickups or the mini toggle pickup selectors. I would play the shit out of one.

I have a squire cabronita baritone and a 5 string j bass and both are really excellent
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 1:49:56 PM EDT
[#2]
i guess we'll allow it since its half the price of the Schecter Hellcat VI...
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 4:17:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i guess we'll allow it since its half the price of the Schecter Hellcat VI...
View Quote

If I like it I’ll probably track down a Hellcat or Pawn Shop VI.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:11:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Attachment Attached File

This is the one they shipped. Finally showed up. The fit and finish on it is as good as most Fenders, really surprised.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 8:27:14 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/94444/8A8F2A83-04DF-43A3-8900-9F42E7458EED_jpe-1898954.JPG

This is the one they shipped. Finally showed up. The fit and finish on it is as good as most Fenders, really surprised.
View Quote

I am very intrigued by these.
Link Posted: 4/9/2021 9:35:46 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
The fit and finish on it is as good as most Fenders, really surprised.
View Quote

The CVs I've played recently seemed just as good as my MIM Fenders. The older Vintage Modified line - also made in Indonesia, like the current CVs I've played - was also just as good.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 11:10:32 AM EDT
[#7]
It's tuned an octave lower than a regular 6-string guitar from the factory.  So it wouldn't be a great fit for strumming as it would sound muddy.  However, flat picking and finger picking is probably its mainstay.  Particularly if you are concerned with fitting into the mix in a band with bass and regular guitar players.

Some tune it higher, like a fourth below standard tuning so strumming can sound better.  I'd guess that it would require different strings.  In that case a gauge in-between what the factory ships and common gauges found on a regular guitar.

Unless you like the novelty of that guitar, you probably would be better off with a regular guitar and a pedal to get that lower octave. If you already have regular guitars and want to add this, I'd say go for it.  It's not that expensive.
Link Posted: 4/10/2021 2:15:13 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Unless you like the novelty of that guitar, you probably would be better off with a regular guitar and a pedal to get that lower octave. If you already have regular guitars and want to add this, I'd say go for it.  It's not that expensive.
View Quote

That’s exactly why I got it, just to screw around with. I’ve got regular guitars and an OC-5 pedal. Sounds different. Also have a 4-string Jaguar bass. Now that I’ve gotten to mess with it some it definitely seems closer to a bass than a guitar.

Honestly I mostly wanted to see how it handled 90s power chord songs . And some surf rock.
Link Posted: 4/14/2021 3:08:00 PM EDT
[#9]
interesting tones from the SGR on their model....

https://www.instagram.com/tv/CMvGwy-JWcH/?igshid=uvni6r0r8919
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top