Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Books
Site Notices
Posted: 2/16/2022 2:46:24 PM EDT
What I’m looking for may not exist, but I thought maybe you guys might know of something I’m overlooking.

I’m looking for what I can describe as space horror, possibly even space gothic horror.

Something similar to the original alien film, just missing the alien would be exactly what Im looking for.

Of course Pandorum, and Event Horizon are the other films, which are inspiring me to look for books on similar topics.

The crew of a massive ship in the hopelessness of space, where something goes wrong.

Any ideas?
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 4:28:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I have no mouth and I must scream.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
event horizon

lost in space newer film

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 5:56:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Is that a book Frank?

Just looking for books, but yes, similar to Event Horizon.

Also, looking for GOOD books,
If it’s not good, but it fits the genre, I’m not so interested.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 6:22:54 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm sure some of the Warhammer 40K books have some of what you are looking for in them, but I have no idea which ones.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:16:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that a book Frank?

Just looking for books, but yes, similar to Event Horizon.

Also, looking for GOOD books,
If it’s not good, but it fits the genre, I’m not so interested.
View Quote

Short story;  you can find it in some of Ellison's short story collections.

It's icky; if you ever read Ellison, you'll know what I mean. "With the cold horror of a razor slicing through an eyeball..." Ellison was a real head case.

And yet, he wrote one of the award-winning Star Trek episodes: "City On the Edge of Forever."
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 7:40:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I'm sure some of the Warhammer 40K books have some of what you are looking for in them, but I have no idea which ones.
View Quote

Ya know, in my search I’ve discovered this as well.  I’ve never played but I know of the table top game, and slightly understand the factions.  The trouble is the lore is so deep I have no idea where to begin.  
This sort of does seem up my alley though.

Frank….ahhh gothcha, I’ll certainly look him up, as that is one of my favorite ST episodes, and I was unaware of the author.

Another way to describe what I’m looking for may be, “lovecraftian horror in space”.

Link Posted: 2/21/2022 6:14:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Nightfliers is a novella written by G R R Martin, and made into a series by Syfy (cancelled after 1 season).  It is horror, set on a single spacecraft.
Page General » Books
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top