Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/7/2019 1:31:15 AM EDT
I was shopping for my first printer.  Seriously considered the Ender3, Ender5, and CR10.  In the end, I went with a Sovol SV01.  I don't remember how I stumbled onto it, but there doesn't seem to be a lot of info out there.  I chose the SV01 because it seemed to have all of the upgrades people were doing to their Enders.  Plus, it had a larger work envelope.  Just large enough to print organizer trays for 50 cal cans.  Not something I'm dead set on doing, but for some reason I chose that as an important point.

So.

Dual z axis drives
Direct extruder
Meanwell 24v power supply
removable Glass bed
thermal runaway protection
large bed leveling adjuster wheels
240mm long, 280mm wide, 300mm tall work envelope
filament run out switch
resume print
Auto leveling option
I believe the hot end goes to 260C and the bed to 110C.

I also seem to remember someone cracking one open on youtube and finding not only a creality main board, but a newer version than creality offered in their own Ender series printers.

I'm sure I'm forgetting some stuff, but I am happy so far.  Only change I made was to bypass the filament switch due to drag and move the spool mount.  I plan on modifying the filament switch and putting it back in line at some point.

Best part is that with an amazon flash sale i got the printer and 2 1kg spools of pla to my door under $300.  At this point, I do not see the need for any fixing or upgrades that will cost any money.

Definitely worth a look if you're in the market for a new printer.
Link Posted: 11/7/2019 9:01:49 AM EDT
[#1]
I've seen good reviews of the Sovol.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top