Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2022 10:40:59 PM EDT

And a Feb. effort where I tried to get grungy, then I got the kb controller and added kb part and I think that took some grunge out of it, but I lack knowledge on these things.
Link Posted: 4/2/2022 12:42:31 PM EDT
[#1]
wow thats a lot of rhyming in that first one.  it was cracking me up hard.  that might not have been your intention but im laughing in a good way.  

You get really clear sounds in your mix.  im sort of wowd by that. what DAW do you use?   What interface and computer?
Link Posted: 4/8/2022 9:50:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
wow thats a lot of rhyming in that first one.  it was cracking me up hard.  that might not have been your intention but im laughing in a good way.  

You get really clear sounds in your mix.  im sort of wowd by that. what DAW do you use?   What interface and computer?
View Quote

Presonus Studio 1 version 5 "Artist" level software, package deal with the Studio 24c audio interface.  All connected to the 1 yr old Dell desktop, 11th gen i5, 16GB ram, SSD in the bedroom.

Link Posted: 4/18/2022 3:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
What is SSD in the Bedroom?  

My drummer has been using studio one cuz he has presonus interfaces.  I think they have a clean sound!!!!  And the reverb in studio one is really good.  I think he's been going back and forth between reaper and studio 1 just to see the difference, if any.
Link Posted: 4/18/2022 10:02:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
What is SSD in the Bedroom?  

My drummer has been using studio one cuz he has presonus interfaces.  I think they have a clean sound!!!!  And the reverb in studio one is really good.  I think he's been going back and forth between reaper and studio 1 just to see the difference, if any.
View Quote

SSD=solid state drive in the desktop computer, and all recording is done in my bedroom.  I'm punctuation challenged.

I have noticed that my guitar sound in the headphones changes when I'm recording (louder and "noisier" maybe?) vs when not recording, don't know what it means, if anything or if the recording playback resembles the before or after sound more.
I have Reaper downloaded, maybe try a recording on it and see if I notice the above or not?
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 2:24:10 PM EDT
[#5]
Hmmmm....  why the change in tone?  I don't know.  I use amps.  And my goal is try and dial in my tone on my amp, and hopefully capture it with the mics.  It's never EXACT....  LOL.
Link Posted: 4/20/2022 10:41:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Hmmmm....  why the change in tone?  I don't know.  I use amps.  And my goal is try and dial in my tone on my amp, and hopefully capture it with the mics.  It's never EXACT....  LOL.
View Quote

My current input is Guitar-->Modeler(NUX MG-30)-->Studio 24C-->PC-->Studio 1 v5 DAW.  I was running guitars through the Blackstar ID Core 10 V3 and to the PC/DAW.  I really noticed the change recently with another guitar, so maybe it has something to do with the pickups.  Quite a few variable in this chain.  I'm going to break out the amp and try mic'ing it up one day.
Link Posted: 4/21/2022 10:41:14 AM EDT
[#7]
Lot of people go direct and it can sound real good.  It takes the fun out of it for me presently.  Maybe somecday I will try it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top