Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:27:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I believe they wanted to do more Beta testing with different brands of SSDs to check for compatibility issues?
View Quote
On one hand that makes sense, on the other hand I still think it would have just been a better idea to take traditional SATA SSDs instead. By the end of the console's lifecycle, it'll make more sense and be the standard, but right now in 2021, I'd hate to have to buy bigger than a 1TB stick, and games will fill a 1TB stick very quicky. Even in my PC, my 1 TB M.2 is currently reserved for OS files and boot up apps at the moment, and I have a 2 TB HDD for regular bullshit and a 2TB SSD reserved for games. SSD is fast enough to load modern games very quickly. I think M.2 is overkill for that purpose (at this point), and I think it will confuse more casual consumers.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:28:07 PM EDT
[#2]
I'd sell my Series X today if I thought I could go out and immediately get a PS5.  That new "Wolverine" game is a system seller for me.  I haven't owned a PS since the 2, so there are SO MANY great games I've never had a chance to play.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:29:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Can you even find a PS5?
View Quote

sign up for GameStop email alerts, get alert, and try like hell to refresh the add to cart page to snag one.  Got one for my son a few months back that way.  Only bundles offered vs. just the system, so be prepared to shell out around 700$ or so.

Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:39:03 PM EDT
[#4]
Yeah, I've had three of those slots for a while now, still haven't used them though. Been raid 0 on my ssd boot drives so it's not going to be that big of an improvement.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:47:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Great, a really cool update for a system I can’t find to buy anywhere at MSRP.  
View Quote

No shit. Haven't seen any in the wild.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
PC Master race checking in.  What's got the peons all excited in here now?
View Quote

$500 systems selling for $1000.

You know, like graphics cards.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 7:04:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I’ve posted this before but I will post it again. Sign up for a GameStop power up pro account, it’s $15. Just about every Tuesday at 11 am EST, including today they put bundles on the website for members only. Disc version is $749 with two games, extra controller, and a $50 PSN gift card.

They do this to stop bots from scalping them. You end up with everything I mentioned at retail price. I have bought 4 systems now, to include two in one day.

It’s really not that hard to get anymore if you know where to look.
View Quote

Where do they post those deals. I signed up when I was told they send out emails offering it for members. No emails in 2 months other than the normal junk emails
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 7:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I was actually very impressed with Vanguard in the Alpha and Beta version.

Open beta starts in a few days I believe.

I didn't buy Cold War because I thought the Beta sucked.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's my exact M.O. usually, too. I'm skipping Vanguard, though. I loved CoD:WW2, but I'm not interested in another shooter based in the past. I'll be going to BF:2042 for this cycle.

I was actually very impressed with Vanguard in the Alpha and Beta version.

Open beta starts in a few days I believe.

I didn't buy Cold War because I thought the Beta sucked.

I honestly haven't even really looked at gameplay for Vanguard. The game itself might actually be awesome. I'm just not interested in the era that the game is set in.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:11:24 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I honestly haven't even really looked at gameplay for Vanguard. The game itself might actually be awesome. I'm just not interested in the era that the game is set in.
View Quote
I didn't even know what vanguard was until right now, lol. I think they already did every theater of WWII into the dirt, and you could play 1,2,3, and WAW and have experienced the entirety of WWII. I don't care about multiplayer because I'm old and boring, but seriously, I got burned out on twitch shooters, and BR games never appealed to me (If I didn't log 100s of hours into world of tanks already, it might have, but because I burned myself out on "you only have one life" shooters, I was already done with it by the time the BR games came out). It sucks to have mastered MW (I was a god at that game) and then see it get progressively worse and worse with each iteration. Then Titanfall dropped and the love affair began again. Then Titanfall 2 dropped and the love affair ended. I got into overwatch, but that also got progressively worse. Maybe Overwatch 2 will be good, IDK. I think if a studio drops another PVE + PVP team shooter, like titanfall was, I'd be in like flynn. I don't know why they dropped that concept after the first game. It was fun to battle mobs and other players over in game objectives, and besides being good at the twitch shooter aspect, being good at being a titan pilot added another layer, and if you mastered both, it was disgusting what you could do to the other team.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:43:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I didn't even know what vanguard was until right now, lol. I think they already did every theater of WWII into the dirt, and you could play 1,2,3, and WAW and have experienced the entirety of WWII. I don't care about multiplayer because I'm old and boring, but seriously, I got burned out on twitch shooters, and BR games never appealed to me (If I didn't log 100s of hours into world of tanks already, it might have, but because I burned myself out on "you only have one life" shooters, I was already done with it by the time the BR games came out). It sucks to have mastered MW (I was a god at that game) and then see it get progressively worse and worse with each iteration. Then Titanfall dropped and the love affair began again. Then Titanfall 2 dropped and the love affair ended. I got into overwatch, but that also got progressively worse. Maybe Overwatch 2 will be good, IDK. I think if a studio drops another PVE + PVP team shooter, like titanfall was, I'd be in like flynn. I don't know why they dropped that concept after the first game. It was fun to battle mobs and other players over in game objectives, and besides being good at the twitch shooter aspect, being good at being a titan pilot added another layer, and if you mastered both, it was disgusting what you could do to the other team.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm the opposite; Multiplayer is the only thing I enjoy about a game. I never play the campaign on CoD.

I agree about BR type games. I have zero interest in them and find them annoying. Spawn, spend time gearing up from loot caches, then boom you're dead and need to get into a whole new game. Fuck all that noise. Lol. I need me some respawn game modes to be able to enjoy playing. I stick to TDM or Dom and call it good.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 8:51:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I want one.

Ive got a PS4 and its been a trooper

However it has started randomly beeping. A lot. For seemingly no reason. I suspect its getting hot as its warm to the touch and the fan is going high speed.

Hope it doesnt melt down until the price gets down a bit more.
View Quote

Vacuum your PS4, dust messes up graphic chips, causing errors and shut downs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:17:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I ordered mine directly from Sony.  Playstation sent me an email that they were in stock and available.  

My PS5 arrived a few weeks ago.
View Quote

How do you get on a back order email list?  I couldnt find any place on their website to do so.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 9:19:18 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I snagged one back in March for $700,no cares.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:00:49 PM EDT
[#14]
Well, I logged into my PS account, that has been dead for at least a year and changed my email notifications based on this thread.  Maybe they will allow me to buy one before I unload all my cash on tools, drones, ammo, or whatever else GD tells me I should own......
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

But what did your PC cost?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:09:19 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

How do you get on a back order email list?  I couldnt find any place on their website to do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I ordered mine directly from Sony.  Playstation sent me an email that they were in stock and available.  

Not sure exactly, try keeping your playstation account current.

I received an email saying I was eligible to order a PS5 on a certain date through a provided link.

I think it's being offered to people who have active PS4 accounts.
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:09:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Well, I logged into my PS account, that has been dead for at least a year and changed my email notifications based on this thread.  Maybe they will allow me to buy one before I unload all my cash on tools, drones, ammo, or whatever else GD tells me I should own......
View Quote

Best of luck!
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:10:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Will they finally let you use a keyboard and mouse to play first person shooters?  

Or is that slated for the PS6?
Link Posted: 9/14/2021 10:14:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Best of luck!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Best of luck!
Thanks, hope they give me the go ahead in a month or two.  For Now....  I'm going to go against, and piss off, GD for now.  Time for Netflix or HBO Max entertainment.....  Cheers all.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:29:54 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Where do they post those deals. I signed up when I was told they send out emails offering it for members. No emails in 2 months other than the normal junk emails
View Quote

They don’t list them. Tuesdays, at 11 am eastern standard time they go live. A few times it took them about 20 minutes for the site to update and show inventory. You have to be a powerup pro member and signed in to your account. It’s $15 for a year membership. It’s not hard, buy the membership today, on Tuesday at 11 log in to GameStop and wait. They usually put up two different bundles. A disc version for $749 that includes the system, two games, an extra controller, and a $50 gift card. They also put up a bundle for the digital version for a little less.

If they don’t go up next Tuesday, they will absolutely be up on the following one. I have been doing this for two months now. Yesterday was the first time I got an email from GameStop about the re-stock. Bottom line, if you want a PS5 without waiting for Sony to send you an email, this is the easiest and most reliable way to purchase one, period.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 5:33:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Thanks, hope they give me the go ahead in a month or two.  For Now....  I'm going to go against, and piss off, GD for now.  Time for Netflix or HBO Max entertainment.....  Cheers all.
View Quote

I have been signed up for that email list since launch day and have had a psn account for over a decade and still haven’t gotten an invite. See my posts about GameStop. I’m not bullshitting, I have bought four systems this way. Every time someone I know asks me to find them one, on Tuesday I log into GameStop and buy a PS5 just as easy as I can order a Chinese flashlight from Amazon.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:21:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Will they finally let you use a keyboard and mouse to play first person shooters?  

View Quote

You can use a keyboard and mouse even on PS4. The PS4 and PS5 themselves allow their use. It's the games that restrict them. Only some of them allow them.

I know CoD allows them. Don't know which other games do, though.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:32:25 AM EDT
[#23]
Is this the 'new' PS5 that weighs less and runs hotter, because they took the weight out of the heatsink?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:39:15 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Someone had to cunt up the thread.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:48:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

You can use a keyboard and mouse even on PS4. The PS4 and PS5 themselves allow their use. It's the games that restrict them. Only some of them allow them.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC
Wasn’t there awful lag or something when using KB/M on the PS4? And you had to buy some $100 adapter for the mouse to scroll smoothly?
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 7:48:46 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Great, a really cool update for a system I can’t find to buy anywhere at MSRP.  
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:04:12 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Same here.

I've been trying to get the word out, as this is the easiest way right now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

In this thread or the other one you linked to, you have never said how to get on this quote un quote "list"
I have had a PSN account since the PS3 came out, still have my PS3, have and play a PS4, and have bought plenty of stuff off the PS store over the years.
I have never gotten any such email from sony offering to sell me a PS5.
I want one before horizon 2 and god of war 2 come out.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 8:19:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

In this thread or the other one you linked to, you have never said how to get on this quote un quote "list"
I have had a PSN account since the PS3 came out, still have my PS3, have and play a PS4, and have bought plenty of stuff off the PS store over the years.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Same here.

https://www.spieltimes.com/original/guides/secure-a-ps5-with-playstation-direct-heres-how/
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:08:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

IIRC
Wasn’t there awful lag or something when using KB/M on the PS4? And you had to buy some $100 adapter for the mouse to scroll smoothly?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

IIRC

I'm not sure. I've never personally done it.
Link Posted: 9/15/2021 9:16:08 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Can you even find a PS5?
View Quote
No.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 3:57:47 PM EDT
[#31]
I got home and checked my email and had one from Sony for exclusive access at 3PM, great.

I go to the site and login, spend 15 minutes trying to cart one, then the next 30 minutes trying get through shipping and payment.  Fucking website literally would not let me enter my card number and pay for the damned thing, I could enter my name, expiration, and security code, but not card number.

I'm so mad I can't see straight.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#32]
I was able to get my wife a PS5 for her birthday. I signed up for an account on StockInformer and pre-logged in to Target, Walmart, and Amazon. Digital Edition popped up on there from Amazon after checking for a few days (mostly luck). She freaked out when she opened it. She didn't have a clue I was looking for it for her.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:08:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I got home and checked my email and had one from Sony for exclusive access at 3PM, great.

I go to the site and login, spend 15 minutes trying to cart one, then the next 30 minutes trying get through shipping and payment.  Fucking website literally would not let me enter my card number and pay for the damned thing, I could enter my name, expiration, and security code, but not card number.

I'm so mad I can't see straight.
View Quote

You are not alone. I’m currently waiting in a queue after experiencing the same thing you did right down to the card number problem. I doubt I’ll be getting one this round.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:11:50 PM EDT
[#34]
Next Tuesday at 11 AM. Gamestop.com. They didn’t do one today so next week is all but guaranteed. They are saying refreshing the page on Sony direct is working to get in a queue right now.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:34:05 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wait, the half-assery is still going on in here?
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 4:56:17 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Truth. GameStop even emailed me this morning to tell me they were going live at 11 again. Like I said, I have bought four systems on three different tuesdays with zero issue.
View Quote

Wtf I signed up for gamestop pro 4-5 weeks ago. Not a single email from them.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:05:38 PM EDT
[#37]
Cool my son will be pumped. We managed to sang one from walmart at Xmas. Its been a great system so far.

Although I wish the hard drive was 10 times as big.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:33:07 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Next Tuesday at 11 AM. Gamestop.com. They didn’t do one today so next week is all but guaranteed. They are saying refreshing the page on Sony direct is working to get in a queue right now.
View Quote

Ive been signed up for a while and have not got a single email from them. Am I missing something?

Just checked, Ive received 2 emails from them since august 18, and there are both about signing up for power up rewards pro
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But it's true.
If actual $ is the metric, between the cheaper games at a higher level of quality and mining on the side you can easily make up the cost difference all the while having a PC to do PC things.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 5:41:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Great, a really cool update for a system I can't find to buy anywhere at MSRP.  
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2021 9:16:52 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote

More or less where I am at. Didn't make it in time for the Amazon, Walmart alerts, and I wasn't selected in the PSN Direct queue.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:00:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Was selected in today's PSN Direct. Bought!!!!

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:01:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

I'm in line. Tried to get in 30 minutes before but was getting access denied on my phone.

Fuckers.
Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:12:28 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Nice!

Link Posted: 9/23/2021 7:16:12 PM EDT
[#45]
a buddy got one from best buy waiting in line for 3 hours. not too bad.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:23:12 AM EDT
[#46]
gamestop has them now, They didnt send out an email for them.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:31:25 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I have been signed up for that email list since launch day and have had a psn account for over a decade and still haven’t gotten an invite. See my posts about GameStop. I’m not bullshitting, I have bought four systems this way. Every time someone I know asks me to find them one, on Tuesday I log into GameStop and buy a PS5 just as easy as I can order a Chinese flashlight from Amazon.
View Quote

@proheromk1

Hook me up!
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:39:38 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:42:07 AM EDT
[#49]

thats been gone.
Link Posted: 9/28/2021 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#50]
I waited until the hype has died down somewhat, managed to snag a PS5 for $720 (local purchase). Still over retail, which sux but I wanted it and it showed up about a week ago.
My timing was actually good, because I didn't even know there was a SSD upgrade in the works. A quick online search found the Samsung 980 pro in 1TB size.

Haven't played any PS5 games, but having fun running through Death Stranding/ Horizon Zero Dawn and Last Of Us. The load times in LoU are almost instantaneous, which is awesome.

Been a Playstation guy since '96. Made a choice years ago to stick with console gaming, because PC gaming got too expensive trying to keep up.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top