Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/2/2018 8:38:16 PM EDT
Couldn't be prouder of him, especially since he's a relatively new bass player at 13, to meet up with some other good kids. They actually managed to get a full arrangement together and two of the boys are in the same choir at school.  He is able to crank out Anthony Kiedis' vocals pretty well but is picking up some RHCP basslines also. He came home and hasn't stopped playing for longer than 30 minutes.  I just heard him attempting some old Cliff Burton stuff <sniff>...I think I have something in my eye..
Link Posted: 12/2/2018 9:05:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty cool OP. I hope he has fun
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 5:50:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Awesome!
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 8:53:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 9:34:57 AM EDT
[#4]
This thread needs a video!!!
Pass our congrats to him..
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 10:38:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
This thread needs a video!!!
Pass our congrats to him..
View Quote
He did say he was going to post some audio up on YouTube when they get rolling so definitely.  He did a solo at the choir pop show this year where he dressed up like the lead in the Greatest Showman and walked from the back of the audience to the stage doing Jackman's part of the opening song... Way more guts than his old man.  Glad I invested in a decent rig for him to start with too.  Not that it's the equipment but nice to have good equip.  Got him a like new vintage Washburn (1990) 4-string bass with active EQ and a new 15 watt amp that has great onboard compression all for $300 with some careful shopping.. More than enough for a garage band.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 7:01:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Something I learned fairly early on...
Never be afraid of making an ass of yourself in front of people!!
If you can't laugh at yourself...
Then go sit in the truck!!
Being off the wall shows ya don't GAF.
Look at all the folks that succeeded!!!
Link Posted: 12/8/2018 10:26:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Fantastic..I had hopes for my grandson but it looks like it will stop with me.
Link Posted: 12/9/2018 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like they were screwing around with Metallica's Fade to Black, Master of Puppets, and Four Horsemen this weekend.. Thank God they don't listen to 21 Pilots or something like that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top