Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2022 10:24:47 PM EDT
It's been a long time since I've got to post anything of my son's guitar playing.   I am very proud of the progress that he has made over the past couple of years, even though he has been screwed out of so many playing opportunities over the past two years due to the rice rabies.   He is finishing up his studio and finally sent me a couple of videos and I figured I would share this one.  Still just learning the recording side of things but I thought this sounded pretty good, plus this is him playing a guitar that he has been searching for for about 4 years and finally found one on Reverb a while back.   It's a 1986 G&L Rampage, so this song is kind of appropriate.

This house is so quiet since he moved out for school and hearing him play every night is something that I terribly miss, so I figured I would share this quick riff with you all.

Thanks!

Timber

https://youtu.be/eOgyG7vqJoY

Link Posted: 5/19/2022 10:52:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Pretty good. I played a lot of Cantrell, mostly unplugged A-chains.

Tell your son to raise the camera a few inches.

Well done!
Link Posted: 5/19/2022 11:16:20 PM EDT
[#2]
He's good!  A hell of a lot better than I will ever be.  Give him my compliments on his playing.
Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:21:08 PM EDT
[#3]
That was pretty darn good! Was hoping to see him play the whole song. Tell him to keep up the good work.

Link Posted: 5/21/2022 7:14:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Op, did you post a vid awhile back of him playing SRV Life w/o You, or was that someone else?
Link Posted: 5/21/2022 10:47:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Op, did you post a vid awhile back of him playing SRV Life w/o You, or was that someone else?
View Quote

Wow, I am impressed that you remembered that!   Yes sir, that was my son and it was 3 years ago, June of 2019.

Thanks for the comments and advice from everyone!
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 6:15:27 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wow, I am impressed that you remembered that!   Yes sir, that was my son and it was 3 years ago, June of 2019.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well it's one of my favorite songs so...

Link Posted: 5/22/2022 8:57:35 PM EDT
[#7]
He should be singing, too.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
He should be singing, too.
View Quote

LOL, that is the exact same thing we are all telling him as well because he has a great voice!    He is in the process of setting all of that up now and we will keep pushing him to produce!
Link Posted: 7/6/2022 9:44:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 7:27:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 7/9/2022 8:40:03 AM EDT
[#11]
OP, your son looks like a young David Gilmour. I hope that proves to be an omen! Nice job and solid playing.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top