Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:41:19 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Nice truck OP.
Needs a .50 in the bed.
View Quote

To be a proper 'technical', it needs a 12.7 DShK.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:43:45 AM EDT
[#2]
Toyota does not list a Tacoma with a 6'2'' bed.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:44:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Cool.  If you can afford it and will enjoy it, awesome!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:55:30 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
$46k?

what was the window sticker?

you can get a damned nice super duty for not much more.  not a king ranch/limited/platinum/whatever, but a damned nice truck
View Quote

You’re living in 2008.

Every fullsized truck here is 70k and that’s before the dealer paints some door trim and charges you 10k.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:52:58 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Looks like he got 18% interest.  Ouch
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t understand either, 22k financed for 72 months should be under $400/mo. Or at least around $400 if there were a ton of fees and high interest rate.

Looks like he got 18% interest.  Ouch

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:54:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I don’t understand either, 22k financed for 72 months should be under $400/mo. Or at least around $400 if there were a ton of fees and high interest rate.
View Quote

Quoted:
wow - guess the Toyota Tax really is a thing.
View Quote

Quoted:
Something is seriously wrong with your financing or you have a single digit credit score! Holy shit that is horrible!
View Quote

Key word"around" obviously there was some other options I bought which jacked the price a bit. I didn't give all the particulars and I'm not going to. No one needs to "understand it"
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:56:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I don't think you dripped by the dealer on a whim. You went there because you wanted a shiny new truck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 1:57:40 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Toyota does not list a Tacoma with a 6'2'' bed.
View Quote

Sorry 6'.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:03:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't think you dripped by the dealer on a whim. You went there because you wanted a shiny new truck.
View Quote

You're right. I wanted a new truck. I've been looking at trucks for a while and went and looked at this truck after looking at my sister's truck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:07:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
$46k?

you can get a damned nice super duty for not much more.  not a king ranch/limited/platinum/whatever, but a damned nice truck
View Quote

No, you can't. Especially not in my AO. It's a 12+ months wait on a Ford the dealers don't have them. My BIL ordered the beginning of this year. Still has no build date.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:16:48 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

You’re living in 2008.

Every fullsized truck here is 70k and that’s before the dealer paints some door trim and charges you 10k.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$46k?

You’re living in 2008.

Yup. You won’t see well equipped (not luxury by the way) midsized trucks for at least $60K sticker.

Oh and it’s considered a steal to pay sticker. For 60K you think you would get an uber reliable pick up. Nope, thanks to .Gov and stupid EPA mandates.

I feel like the guy that yells at the clouds.

Well at least the Tacoma has reliability and resale going for it. Enjoy in good health Op.

Edit: Midsize I mean reflect 1500, Tundra, F150, Ram etc.... I should have written Full Size.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:18:58 AM EDT
[#12]
That looks nice! I wasn't impressed with the Tacoma I rented.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 2:56:15 AM EDT
[#13]
i sat in a tacoma.  didn't feel like a truck.  felt like an audi on the inside.

went with a ram 1500 instead.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:33:45 AM EDT
[#14]
You chose well OP, a reliable truck with decent gas mileage.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 5:59:25 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/417902/PXL_20220815_204818836_MP_jpg-2490761.JPG

My sister bought a '22 Tacoma a few weeks ago and I was looking at it and was impressed with it. So on a whim I dropped by the Toyota dealer today and I bought this.

It's a '22 Tacoma TRD with the off-road package, double cab and 6'2" bed.

Traded my 2013 F-150 XLT in for it.

Out the door for around $22,000.

They gave me $18,000 for my F-150, I put an additional $6k down. Maybe wasn't the best deal but whatever. Payment is around $500.

I'm not crazy about the color of it but it has pretty much everything else I wanted in it. They even threw in heated seats which I have to go have installed tomorrow.

I'll miss my Ford, it was a good truck and never gave me any issues. I've been wanting a new truck for a while.

Edit: I did like that Tundra in the background but they wanted $64k for it and I wasn't paying that.
View Quote

No, out the door was $46,000, not $22,000.  That is a shit ton for that truck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:13:27 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 6:24:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Key word"around" obviously there was some other options I bought which jacked the price a bit. I didn't give all the particulars and I'm not going to. No one needs to "understand it"
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't understand either, 22k financed for 72 months should be under $400/mo. Or at least around $400 if there were a ton of fees and high interest rate.

Quoted:
wow - guess the Toyota Tax really is a thing.

Quoted:
Something is seriously wrong with your financing or you have a single digit credit score! Holy shit that is horrible!

If you are not going to post details then don't post anything.

Hey look at me!!!   (But don't talk to me)
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:33:45 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

You got the TruCoat, didn’t you?
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:40:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Nice truck.  GD will complain even if you plated the truck in 24K gold and had twelve super models in the back.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:47:25 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes.

Quoted:
If you are not going to post details then don't post anything.

Hey look at me!!!   (But don't talk to me)

You're right, I shouldn't have put any financial details. That was my mistake. I figured you were all going to ask anyway so thought I'd put some. You're also correct about not asking me anymore financial questions. I'll take about the truck but no more about the money.
Quoted:
Nice truck.  GD will complain even if you plated the truck in 24K gold and had twelve super models in the back.

Thanks. I expected as much honestly.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 7:47:30 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see pin stripe, hood air deflector, rocker guards/steps.  These sticker for like $41k/$42k on that dealers website so I could see with a market adjustment getting to 46k easily.  I follow a NJ chevy salesmen on YouTube and their full size suvs have a 4k or $4,500 market adjustment, I forget which. But the 22k otd must not include add ons. If he rounded up 450 to 500, 450x72=$32,400. Say a few grand for interest, that’s like $6k in add ons after the otd #.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:02:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Nice op!

I want to get a new tacoma but im waiting on a promotion at work first.  I think by the time it gets here the 4th gen tacomas will be out though

Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:06:36 AM EDT
[#23]
Nice! I loved my Taco. Unfortunately, the family outgrew it.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:08:53 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Like I said, it'll be paid off way before that.

The dealer I went to actually had four TDRs on the lot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You finance $22000 for 72mo and payments are $500?

Up here you can't find a TDR on a lot.  All sold before they even get here.    Used ones are more than new ones and I've waited since February for the one I wanted.   Will be in next week.

Like I said, it'll be paid off way before that.

The dealer I went to actually had four TDRs on the lot.
That' 18% interest!!!!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:12:54 AM EDT
[#25]
Let this be a lesson to you all.  You came in to post something cool and exciting to you, then you get GD'd.  Your happiness turns to despair and dreams are smashed and destroyed.  
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:32:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Let this be a lesson to you all.  You came in to post something cool and exciting to you, then you get GD'd.  Your happiness turns to despair and dreams are smashed and destroyed.  
View Quote
Yeah really.

Enjoy your new truck OP.   Looks nice.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:39:49 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
They gave me $18,000 for my F-150, I put an additional $6k down. Maybe wasn't the best deal but whatever. Payment is around $500.

Edit: I did like that Tundra in the background but they wanted $64k for it and I wasn't paying that.
View Quote

$18000 + $6000 + ($500*72) = $60000
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:43:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

You gave us all of the really bad particulars and left out any evidence that you made good decisions.  Not how internet stories are supposed to go.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:47:19 AM EDT
[#29]

Ok, dude.  I can math.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:48:23 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

You’re living in 2008.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
$46k?

You’re living in 2008.

crew cab 4x4 STX package with power group is $49,475 which can be had for $48,000

i did however forget about the $3000 msrp increase this year, else it could have been had for $45,000 ordered 6 months ago
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:50:00 AM EDT
[#31]
I had one for a rental for a couple of weeks.  The worst truck I've ever driven.  Has less interior room than a Camry, drove like shit, and got 21 mpg on the highway.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 8:56:28 AM EDT
[#32]
Fuck

At those prices and payments you must have visited Marco
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:11:55 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:15:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Spent $45,000 -$60,000 on a “ whim “, with nice fat, long term payment?   OP, you a private in the US Army ?

Fuck all that.

My current truck is a 2012 F150 with 100k miles, in excellent mechanical condition, it looks nice but with enough wear and tear and scratches  I’m not afraid to actually work it hard / get it dirty. purchased 3 years ago for $12k. I’ll drive it until the wheels fall off, and the next truck will be another 8-10 year old low mileage truck for around $20k too.

Fuck paying $50k for a damn truck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:27:31 AM EDT
[#35]
OP got absolutely hosed with dealer junk add-ons and interest rate in addition to overpaying, but at least he got what he wanted. That said, the comment about how you aren’t rich so you finance everything… yeah, the two aren’t related the way you think they are.

OP consider refinancing at a credit union. It will save you thousands.

Honestly part of me wishes I could just YOLO a purchase like this. I tried once on a TRD Off Road 4Runner and it kept me up all night, returned it a few days later. Didn’t help that it has same drivetrain as my 07 with 180k miles and still drives just fine.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:28:52 AM EDT
[#36]
Looks like a really nice truck.  I’m hoping to have one delivered next week to the dealer in Spokane Valley.  I’ve waited a long time for one and with the options i wanted.  

Enjoy the truck and go over to a site called Tacoma world for all the information you need on this truck.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:31:51 AM EDT
[#37]
Nice but you could've waited. The new gen Tacoma is coming soon. With that said, I love my 2008 4Runner with 275k on it. Most reliable car I've owned.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:36:10 AM EDT
[#38]
I like my 2016 tacoma.

But I bought it precovid for 10k used with 100k miles. I don't know that I would buy one at newer prices. But I can say it gets through thick wooded trails other trucks can't. And that's nice.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:39:51 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Spent $45,000 -$60,000 on a “ whim “, with nice fat, long term payment?   OP, you a private in the US Army ?

Fuck all that.

My current truck is a 2012 F150 with 100k miles, in excellent mechanical condition, it looks nice but with enough wear and tear and scratches  I’m not afraid to actually work it hard / get it dirty. purchased 3 years ago for $12k. I’ll drive it until the wheels fall off, and the next truck will be another 8-10 year old low mileage truck for around $20k too.

Fuck paying $50k for a damn truck.
View Quote

They call them "Stealerships" for good reason. If he can afford it who cares.
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 9:58:31 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

And paid $46k with mix of cash, financing, and trade-in asset.

But "around $22,000"
View Quote

Yep!
Link Posted: 8/16/2022 12:39:46 PM EDT
[#41]
OP Request
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top