Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2018 7:03:24 PM EDT
First and foremost I know it is my son's responsibility to look this up but I also don't feel like I'm being the best parent I can unless I do a little homework also. My son is going to college and is looking also at joining the military to help pay for college and also give him that advantage in the job market with hands-on experience and a top secret security clearance and also a degree.

When he was in high school he took an online course on ethical hacking the teacher said he did a great job and gave him a push for cybersecurity job field. So I want to know what branch is the top branch for cybersecurity right now? Is there any trick MOS like you have a to pick a MOS that seems like it has nothing to do with it but it's subcategory does? Thank for the help and advice! I just want to be there for my son and help him wish someone would have done that for me when I went into the military! Grunts all we got are some cool ass stories and I now found people get offended by them.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 8:18:27 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
First and foremost I know it is my son's responsibility to look this up but I also don't feel like I'm being the best parent I can unless I do a little homework also. My son is going to college and is looking also at joining the military to help pay for college and also give him that advantage in the job market with hands-on experience and a top secret security clearance and also a degree.

When he was in high school he took an online course on ethical hacking the teacher said he did a great job and gave him a push for cybersecurity job field. So I want to know what branch is the top branch for cybersecurity right now? Is there any trick MOS like you have a to pick a MOS that seems like it has nothing to do with it but it's subcategory does? Thank for the help and advice! I just want to be there for my son and help him wish someone would have done that for me when I went into the military! Grunts all we got are some cool ass stories and I now found people get offended by them.
View Quote
Air Force

Space force
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:27:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Air Force does all the satellite work.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep. AF. An added perk - enlisted in the AF live better than many junior officers in the Army.
Link Posted: 8/8/2018 10:42:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Army has an actual cyber branch.
Link Posted: 8/9/2018 10:48:36 AM EDT
[#5]
17C is the Army's new cyber MOS.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 4:07:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
17C is the Army's new cyber MOS.
View Quote
Thanks but no flame on them but are they the top dogs on this or is the Air force?
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 6:41:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Thanks but no flame on them but are they the top dogs on this or is the Air force?
View Quote
Not sure.  It's new to Army.
Link Posted: 8/12/2018 7:14:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/13/2018 2:36:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Realistically... branch is irrelevant cuz contractors are gonna be the ones actually running that shitshow, regardless of whose base their office is located on

But AF def has the biggest budget and therefore the most contractors lol
Link Posted: 8/21/2018 2:33:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Navy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2018 2:45:19 PM EDT
[#11]
AF, and whoever is in second place is a long way back.
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 10:20:28 AM EDT
[#12]
The Navy is the proponent for cryptography within the DoD. Them and the Air Force are tops when it comes to tech.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top