Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:25:59 PM EDT
My wife saw it on a shared account she has with her mom.

So, how are air fryers? Are the results as good as the guy on QVC says they are?
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 10:10:47 PM EDT
[#1]
They are nice. We do fries, onion rings, shrimp, chicken strips, small pizzas, whole chickens, bacon, and many other foods. The dehydrator setting is nice as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:10:35 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
They are nice. We do fries, onion rings, shrimp, chicken strips, small pizzas, whole chickens, bacon, and many other foods. The dehydrator setting is nice as well.
View Quote
Have you done unbreaded chicken wings? I’m trying to figure out if the skin will be soggy or it will crisp up.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 8:53:08 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Have you done unbreaded chicken wings? I’m trying to figure out if the skin will be soggy or it will crisp up.
View Quote
Best bet is to cook in the oven then put in the fryer... They won't be as crispy as a fat fryer but will have a much better texture than oven alone.
Link Posted: 11/2/2018 8:16:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Get one about 5 quarts if you need a larger one.  I use mine for heating leftovers more than anything but that is everyday in my house.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 5:58:38 PM EDT
[#5]
If you have a convection oven, you already have an "air fryer".
Link Posted: 11/15/2018 8:57:00 AM EDT
[#6]
For wings and crispy, toss your wings with a tablespoon or so of baking POWDER (not soda!)

Air fry or oven bake as normal.  Crispiness is guaranteed and assured.   And you won't taste anything of the baking POWDER.
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:27:45 PM EDT
[#7]
IMHO, they're great for single portions. Cooking for multiples, forget about it.

An air-fryer is just a poorly insulate convection cooker with some radiant heat too (broil).

You will be much better served by an oven with convection, or better yet convection broil!
Link Posted: 11/16/2018 10:31:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
For wings and crispy, toss your wings with a tablespoon or so of baking POWDER (not soda!)
View Quote
What? Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought of something so bizarre. I always use corn-starch with superb results.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 4:26:51 PM EDT
[#9]
Sides and frozen foods are pretty good. Frozen french fries/tots can get super crispy.  Not quite a deep fried flavor, but way better than baking.

I've done egg rolls in them before, too. Those turned out excellent.

As the others are saying, it's basically a convection oven.  But for what they are and at the price point, they're worth the money.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top