Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2020 4:01:05 PM EDT
Please correct me if I'm wrong but LEO going out trying to find a victimless crime is a waste of tax money!

The only reason why we have LEO looking for this is because of taxes and the government!

Please correct me if I'm wrong! I saw we spend a lot more money hunting down these guys than we would make in taxes! Like 10x the amount.

Edited: Why not use the money and man power on other things like human trafficking and drugs!
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:47:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I’m the spirit of “defunding” police, sounds like a good job for a Social Worker
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 5:52:35 PM EDT
[#2]
In the most recent years, only one person has been arrested for moonshine production if they weren’t running/selling it. Basically make it for yourself and STFU
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 6:42:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for your concern.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
In the most recent years, only one person has been arrested for moonshine production if they weren’t running/selling it. Basically make it for yourself and STFU
View Quote

So why do we spend billions each year looking for them? Really in taxes it's like hundreds!
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 7:20:13 PM EDT
[#5]
Have you seen the shitty conditions that they distill alcohol in (which is basically a solvent) and then sell to other people for consumption. Saw one episode of dudes using garden hoses and shit.  Or putting hi-proof liquor in fucking milk jugs. It’s gross.  Half of them deserve to be locked up for stupidity.

Then there’s that hick dude that wears overalls with one button undone and no shirt underneath... I tried his liquor at the store ... it’s garbage.  I’ve literally seen people make better shit their very first time. And newsflash: if ya sold in a liquor store and taxed, it ain’t “moonshine”.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:01:49 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

So why do we spend billions each year looking for them? Really in taxes it's like hundreds!
View Quote

Billions? Do you know how much a billion dollars actually is?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:04:51 PM EDT
[#7]
Victimless...until someone goes blind or dies.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:07:15 PM EDT
[#8]
When I worked in LE in Virginia, little money, and not much time, was spent looking for moonshiners. In my experience, the moonshiners were no different from drug dealers.  In fact, in the off season they sold various drugs, in addition to dealing with stolen property.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You got this from a reality TV show?
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 8:23:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He thinks its real
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:14:05 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

You would literally have to distill a 100gal batch and drink all of the heads to go blind or die.

If you're making small batches, for personal consumption, there if virtually zero chance of you going blind of dying... Less than zero if you use an electric heating element rather than fire.

I have a PhD/MS in chemical engineering and a BS degree in chemistry. I spent a decade in research and half a decade doing quality assurance in a chemistry lab. It makes zero fucking sense that I can't make liquor in my garage.
Link Posted: 10/28/2020 9:14:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Which we are out there spending billions looking for moonshiners?
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 6:27:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I have not run across a moonshiner in my 63 years on this planet.  Much less investigated one.  I also don't know anyone that has, even the TABC guys.

Is OP confusing TV and real life again?
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 6:33:24 PM EDT
[#14]
I wonder if the OP is aware of the Federal excise tax on exclamation points.  'Cause I suspect that he's got an unpaid tax liability and the Treasury Service ! Task Force might gunning for him !.
Link Posted: 10/30/2020 11:19:17 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

You would literally have to distill a 100gal batch and drink all of the heads to go blind or die.

If you're making small batches, for personal consumption, there if virtually zero chance of you going blind of dying... Less than zero if you use an electric heating element rather than fire.

I have a PhD/MS in chemical engineering and a BS degree in chemistry. I spent a decade in research and half a decade doing quality assurance in a chemistry lab. It makes zero fucking sense that I can't make liquor in my garage.
View Quote

But he's not talking about a teeny stovetop still. He is referring to these giant fucking contraptions made of metals of indiscriminate origin, with no process controls, feedstock integrity, and processed and bottled using incompatible materials.

Some of the setups I've seen in old evidence photos I have no doubt that whatever came out of those things had to have had a lot of contamination with them as well.

Thread legal - I don't know of many places that dedicate resources solely to untaxed alcohol eradication, but I know of multiple instances where following a drug, gambling or theft ring has also uncovered a shine operation.

Having said that, if I could get on a billion-dollar task force that did nothing but tromp through the woods looking for pot stills all day... I'd be down for that. It would definitely beat working
Link Posted: 10/31/2020 1:25:43 PM EDT
[#16]
How is it victimless??  

Whether you like if something is legal, or illegal, doesn't matter.  

Any other life decisions you base off of stuff you have seen on a "reality' show??

Link Posted: 10/31/2020 8:15:18 PM EDT
[#17]
That show is about 80% fake.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 6:38:30 PM EDT
[#18]
I'm still amazed at the number of anti-law enforcement posters on ARF.
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 6:57:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote

Roger can't get drunk - American Dad
Link Posted: 11/1/2020 7:53:35 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldn't want to break the law, but I have heard that home made 100 proof peach brandy that is aged in charred French oak is really, REALLY good.
Link Posted: 11/22/2020 10:21:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
How is it victimless??  

Whether you like if something is legal, or illegal, doesn't matter.  

Any other life decisions you base off of stuff you have seen on a "reality' show??

View Quote

60 days in seems interesting.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top