Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:52:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Delta had real AR-15s in the Black Hawk Down incident and for awhile after that........... so yeah.

and the M-16 is the military designation for the AR15. Its still the same fucking gun, lol.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:53:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Even if it were, so what?  Individual arms, including state-of-the-art weapons of war, is what the right to keep and bear arms is about.

If we make it to when handheld energy weapons are useful, affordable, and effective (which I doubt), then THOSE were meant to be covered by the Second Amendment and you and I should have access to them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:53:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Planes trucks cars metal people boats food medicine

All for war.

Ban it all
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:54:15 PM EDT
[#4]
My wife says my M4 looks like a "cute" nerf gun.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:55:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I should be able to have whatever the military and police has. Because the 2nd Amendment isn't for hunting or self defense. It's for keeping the government in check and not taking too much power over the people. And hey it's also a very good deterrent for other countries to not invade America. Good luck taking over a country where everyone is armed. People keep thinking it's only for hunting or some BS. No idiots, it's in there because they just broke away from a tyrannical government and they didn't want their new government to one day become tyrannical. They knew it would happen without the first and second amendments. Freedom of speech and freedom to bear arms are by far the most important to keep a government in check.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What war was an AR-15 used in???? Do these fucking morons not understand that an AR-15 is a FUCKING semi-automatic SPORTING rifle. Its not a machine gun. Its not a select fire weapon. So fucking frustrating.

Caught a glimpse of the news while picking up food and the media keeps repeating "WHY DOES ANYONE NEED A WEAPON OF WAR???" Even more frustrating was the Republican she was saying that too didn't counter with the fact that an AR-15 is NOT a weapon of war. and instead just lets them perpetuate that lie.
View Quote
But it IS a weapon of war. I make no apologies about it. I dont try to dance around the issue, or steer it elsewhere. We need "weapons of war" to secure peace from those who wish to make war.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#7]
Ask them what military outfits use it?  Or countries whose military uses it?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 3:57:01 PM EDT
[#8]
How about we start calling it a weapon of liberation since Grenada, Panama, Kuwait, Iraq and the Warsaw Pact deciding we were too tough to get it on with us?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:00:37 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It's not....yet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:06:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Don't take the sporting approach.

The AR15 is designed to kill people. Specifically tyrants and criminals, which is what the second amendment is for.
View Quote
I don’t find anything wrong with this statement
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:07:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
It's not....yet.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:08:30 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
What war was an AR-15 used in???? Do these fucking morons not understand that an AR-15 is a FUCKING semi-automatic SPORTING rifle. Its not a machine gun. Its not a select fire weapon. So fucking frustrating.

Caught a glimpse of the news while picking up food and the media keeps repeating "WHY DOES ANYONE NEED A WEAPON OF WAR???" Even more frustrating was the Republican she was saying that too didn't counter with the fact that an AR-15 is NOT a weapon of war. and instead just lets them perpetuate that lie.
View Quote
If memory serves me correctly the AR15 was used for a short time in Vietnam by the Air Force before it was decided to to go full auto hence the M16.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:08:51 PM EDT
[#13]
No different than the media calling every quad copter a "drone".  It's just a catch phrase...
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:12:52 PM EDT
[#14]
The 2nd Amendment was written specifically to protect weapons of war, so I guess we are in agreement that AR-15’s are protected then.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:17:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's not....yet.
View Quote
This.  It hasn't been used in a war yet but it's going to be the most common gun used in the next war.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Here is the reply -- An AR-15 is no more a weapon of war than a rhinestone is a diamond.  This is particularly effective with women, because they know the difference in their genes.  The comparison holds up -- superficially they look the same.  Without special training, you may not be able to tell the difference.  Experts, and even those with more than a casual interest can tell the difference.  There is an important difference in structure and function (diffraction of light).  There is a spectacular difference in price, and on and on.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:24:10 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, to be the devil's advocate, it would be what I would use as a weapon of war in case of a foreign army invading the US, or self-defense purposes where the law enforcement departments have been overwhelmed, i.e. an LA riot situation, which would be a war-like scenario.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:27:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
dense gun owners vs dense anti-gunners

an ar-15 is for all intents and purposes an M4. it's dimensionally and functionally the same EXCEPT being burst/full auto.

do you really think anyone gives a flying fuck about the token gun proponent's argument that this ONE feature is the difference?

dont be obtuse

and lets be real no one uses full auto or burst in war anyway, we might as well issue AR's to the army to save money
View Quote
lol.  What makes you think the Army pays more for a select fire M-4?  They're actually cheaper to the .gov than the AR you buy at the LGS.  Far cheaper.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:28:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
lol.  What makes you think the Army pays more for a select fire M-4?  They're actually cheaper to the .gov than the AR you buy at the LGS.  Far cheaper.
View Quote
you get the point, it was the first part of the sentence.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:29:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

What about the ones they used in Vietnam?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:31:05 PM EDT
[#21]
An interesting observation to be made here.

While many would say that an AR-15 is not a weapon of war, and others would, we all agree on why we must retain them.

The never ending fight for the 2A implies the potential use of all arms, to include the AR-15, as "being necessary to the security of a free State."
If the wet dream of many comes - "the next civil war" - will your AR-15 then be a weapon of war?

A.W.D.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:33:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Unless we accept the language and the purpose clause of the 2nd Amendment prohibition which means we SHOULD keep and bear ARMS, and the AR15 instead of the proper M16 is already an infringement of our inalienable right as free men.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:34:10 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Here is the reply -- An AR-15 is no more a weapon of war than a rhinestone is a diamond.  This is particularly effective with women, because they know the difference in their genes.  The comparison holds up -- superficially they look the same.  Without special training, you may not be able to tell the difference.  Experts, and even those with more than a casual interest can tell the difference.  There is an important difference in structure and function (diffraction of light).  There is a spectacular difference in price, and on and on.
View Quote

That's nonsensical!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:34:15 PM EDT
[#24]
every gun was at some point is a weapon of war!!!!!! flintlock is a weapon of war to a m9....
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:34:41 PM EDT
[#25]
If you let the left propagate this 'weapons of war' bullshit, you'll be lucky to have a slingshot left.

Carlos Hathcock used a Winchester model 70.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 4:57:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
I'm sick of weapon of war used negatively.  Yes it is a weapon if war.  A VERY GOOD weapon of war.   That is why I like it.  It is also good for sporting which I also like.
View Quote
Exactly, instead of trying to downplay the AR15 I saw we double down and say

"yeah, its a badass weapon on war, which Is why I own it and is why it would be incredible stupid to try and take it away from me"
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:04:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The human brain is the most lethal weapon of war
View Quote
Agreed.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:09:21 PM EDT
[#28]
If these gun-grabbing, nut-licking useful idiot fucking libtards don't back off on their shit,  our ARs may end up BEING weapons used in a real war.

Revolutionary or civil, not quite sure which to call it.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:10:25 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
If these gun-grabbing, nut-licking useful idiot fucking libtards don't back off on their shit,  our ARs may end up BEING weapons used in a real war.

Revolutionary or civil, not quite sure which to call it.
View Quote
lol

no

aint no one gonna do jack besides let their rights get taken away bit by bit
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:13:23 PM EDT
[#30]
Heard it four times today.

People have CNN on the fucking brain.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:15:03 PM EDT
[#31]
Fuck it.  Quit pussyfooting around it.  The fact that it is useful for sporting/hunting purposes doesn't matter.  RKBA is for martial purposes primarily.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:15:11 PM EDT
[#32]
Mine is a weapon(s) if war!
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:17:28 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Delta had real AR-15s in the Black Hawk Down incident and for awhile after that........... so yeah.

and the M-16 is the military designation for the AR15. Its still the same fucking gun, lol.
View Quote
This. I'm not sure why so many here are trying to differentiate the AR15 from the M16/M4. The M16/M4 rifles ARE AR15 rifles as the "Armalite 15" designation was the code name for the project for Firearm #15 within Armalite.

Not all AR15s are M16s or M4s but all M16s and M4s are AR15s.

Accept it for what it is and move on, they are a "weapon of war" but that's rather the point. Just so happens that weapons of war have fantastic civilian/marksmanship uses to them.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:23:29 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote
Haven't we used AR platforms in every engagement in the last 10 years? Are we not issuing M4's and M16's? They're more similar than not to AR's.

But that doesn't matter, I still laugh at the gun banners crying for more gun control.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:33:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, it is not. The FCG pocket is milled differently on an M16/M4 to make space for the auto sear. Modern civilian ARs rarely are milled this way.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:34:34 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Don't take the sporting approach.

The AR15 is designed to kill people. Specifically tyrants and criminals, which is what the second amendment is for.
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:35:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Haven't we used AR platforms in every engagement in the last 10 years? Are we not issuing M4's and M16's? They're more similar than not to AR's.

But that doesn't matter, I still laugh at the gun banners crying for more gun control.
View Quote
The platform, yes.

But AR's are not machine guns, yet the media and libtards keep referring them to machine guns and thinking they are full auto.

FYI - I think machine guns should be legal. Fuck the Hughes Amendment.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:36:21 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I will gladly trade all my AR15's for M16's
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I am forced to hear MSNBC in the morning by my, uh, female roommate. Joe Scarborough keeps saying that the military decided that an AR15 is more dangerous, lethal, etc. than an M16. WTF is that talking point based on?
I will gladly trade all my AR15's for M16's
Me too
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:36:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Libs are retarded. They can't be bargained with, we'll be fighting for our rights again and we can't give an inch.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:42:11 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

What about the ones they used in Vietnam?
View Quote
While it is true that a handful of AR-15s were sent (no more than 1000) to Vietnam. Read the report, they were not sent as an issued weapon and were acquired outside of normal channels. Also, we were not at "war" in Vietnam until 1965. until March of 65 there were never more that 2000 US military personnel in Vietnam.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:42:58 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
The AR-15 actually started life as a select-fire assault rifle in the late 1950s, and all the early ones (first 12,000 or so) were marked as AR-15, marketed as AR-15 and sold as AR-15. The semi auto version didn't even come out until 1964 with the Model SP1.

The popularity of the "Sporter" models, and the type-classification of the military rifle as M16 are what led to the popular misconception that AR-15 means semiauto M16 clone.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:47:32 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

As are all guns. But it is not a military-grade weapon of war.
View Quote
Bullshit it's not. If it wasn't, I wouldn't own the goddamn thing.

A Colt 6920, is literally the same gun as an M4, minus the full auto FCG, and an extra 1.5" on the barrel.

Other than that, same gun.

It is "military grade weapon of war", and that's the exact reason I defend them so vehemently. Weapons of war belong in our possession.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:48:09 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
The platform, yes.

But AR's are not machine guns, yet the media and libtards keep referring them to machine guns and thinking they are full auto.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The platform, yes.

No, they aren't machine guns. Yes, they are the same as the weapons we use in war. So what. Fuck off and die gun control cunts.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:49:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
Who the hell cares?  So what if it IS a weapon of war?  That just reinforces the thought that ordinary citizens should have them to protect from an oppressive government.  You know, the 2nd Amendment?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:50:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cool. I can walk into any gun shop and buy an M-16? Maybe they have them in the back, I'll have to ask next time.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:51:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
But it IS a weapon of war. I make no apologies about it. I dont try to dance around the issue, or steer it elsewhere. We need "weapons of war" to secure peace from those who wish to make war.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  Why do so many try to fight on their terms?
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:55:33 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Who the hell cares?  So what if it IS a weapon of war?  That just reinforces the thought that ordinary citizens should have them to protect from an oppressive government.  You know, the 2nd Amendment?
View Quote
I absolutely agree. Its just a shame that the reality of that word scares all the fucking soccer moms and squishy middle voters
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Pssst... Hey, wanna see some actual weapons of war?

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:08:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

One of the issues is that every time a gun-grabber hears "semi-auto" they hear it as "semi-AUTO" so they end up with a mental image of someone running around with a machine gun.  And the ones who *do* know what semi-auto really means are pushing the "auto" side to confuse the sheep who blindly believe whatever's spoonfed to them.

Plus I suspect many of them think the "AR" part of AR-15 means "assault rifle",  not ArmaLite Rifle.  And again those who do know the difference are pushing the "assault" part just to make a simple tool seem scary, like it's going to jump up and murder you in your sleep.
Link Posted: 2/21/2018 6:12:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
Meh, this will piss you off but the AR, AK, ect. are indeed a weapons of war. And if you want to get down to it that is exactly what the 2nd Amendment is for whether you realize it or not.

Don't believe me? The AR-15 was first used in 1961 by the SAS. The Mk 12 is typically semi auto only. The British L1A1 was semi auto only. No one really cares about the selector switch on a rifle or what name/roll mark is on the side of the rifle. The anti gun crowd don't care and if they happened to figure out that a semi AR lacks burst or full auto they still won't care, because 98% of the utility is still there. A select fire rifle isn't an MG anyways. This is an MG:

If you're going to get uppity about the terms at least get them right, FFS. You're not going to win any arguments by saying "hey look these ARs lack the full auto mode!". Just point out the numerous instances of illegal guns being made in underground factories, some of the recent high profile killings in places like Australia and whatnot. You'll be a lot more successful than claiming an M16 is a "machine gun" and your AR or AK is a rifle designed first and foremost for sporting (lol).

Unpopular opinion but it needed to be said.

Quoted:

View Quote
This dude gets it. Hell, the select fire AR-15s that the SAS used had the AR-15 rollmark because they predated the US military's M16 designation.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top