User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:05:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I know flight crews are exempt from the testing requirements, still waiting to hear anything official, but I'm betting we are exempt from the quarantine requirements as well.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will all people providing transport for imports have to quarantine?  How could they exempt that?

I know flight crews are exempt from the testing requirements, still waiting to hear anything official, but I'm betting we are exempt from the quarantine requirements as well.

Forcing us to quarantine would absolutely wreck everything. The powers that be in Hong Kong look like they're about to do just that.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3118657/hong-kong-fourth-wave-airline-sector-braces
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:17:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Any and all 3rd worlders trying to enter the USA are exempt.

As always, any LIBERAL activity is "proven" by "health experts" NOT to spread the virus.

Going to church or a Trump rally?  SUPERSPREADER!  QUARANTINE!

Going to a BLM rally?  100% safe.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/580/protests_not_risky-1790013.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
what about the unwashed hoard at the southern boarder?

Any and all 3rd worlders trying to enter the USA are exempt.

As always, any LIBERAL activity is "proven" by "health experts" NOT to spread the virus.

Going to church or a Trump rally?  SUPERSPREADER!  QUARANTINE!

Going to a BLM rally?  100% safe.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/580/protests_not_risky-1790013.jpg

"Should not be confused.."

Aka, they're just calling us stupid and want us to not question their hypocrisy.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:23:23 PM EDT
[#3]
https://apnews.com/article/biden-sign-measure-mask-use-travel-01676a2c85386aa741d83d977e895353

Biden is seeking to expand testing and vaccine availability, with the goal of 100 million shots in his first 100 days in office. But some independent experts say his administration should strive for two or three times that number. Even with the slow pace of vaccinations, the U.S. is already closing in on 1 million shots a day.

“It’s a disappointingly low bar,” said Dr. Leana Wen, a public health expert and emergency physician.

Asked about that at the White House on Thursday, Biden told a reporter: “When I announced it, you all said it’s not possible. Come on, give me a break, man.”
View Quote

Is this real life
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:26:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Why are flight crews exempt?

That fact alone, (if true), shows complete bullshit on the whole thing....Like they are somehow exempt from contracting a virus even though they fly in and out of multiple scores of international airports daily?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

That fact alone, (if true), shows complete bullshit on the whole thing....Like they are somehow exempt from contracting a virus even though they fly in and out of multiple scores of international airports daily?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do just a little bit of research and you'll have your answer.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Guatemalans are exempt.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 7:51:22 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm dealing with the 72-hour testing shitshow just for a simple bidness trip to Hawaii, the "local" lab to me says their typical turnaround is currently 60 hours.   Only certain labs are on the HI-approved list.

The Denver in-airport lab said 1-2 hours, but with them there is a chance of being screwed by a false positive from the ludicrous-speed test
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:11:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I'm dealing with the 72-hour testing shitshow just for a simple bidness trip to Hawaii, the "local" lab to me says their typical turnaround is currently 60 hours.   Only certain labs are on the HI-approved list.

The Denver in-airport lab said 1-2 hours, but with them there is a chance of being screwed by a false positive from the ludicrous-speed test
View Quote

I got my negative test, after having covid-19, at CVS in about 40 hours.  for this trip I'm not taking a chance, we're going in as soon as we are within the 72-hour window to a place that gives same-day results near the airport in Orlando.
They charge about 75 bucks, which is still cheaper than a lot of the other non insurance covered places in Orlando near the airport.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:13:19 PM EDT
[#9]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
https://apnews.com/article/biden-sign-measure-mask-use-travel-01676a2c85386aa741d83d977e895353

Biden is seeking to expand testing and vaccine availability, with the goal of 100 million shots in his first 100 days in office. But some independent experts say his administration should strive for two or three times that number. Even with the slow pace of vaccinations, the U.S. is already closing in on 1 million shots a day.

“It’s a disappointingly low bar,” said Dr. Leana Wen, a public health expert and emergency physician.

Asked about that at the White House on Thursday, Biden told a reporter: “When I announced it, you all said it’s not possible. Come on, give me a break, man.”

Is this real life

But Trump wasn't "presidential"
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 8:15:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Forcing us to quarantine would absolutely wreck everything. The powers that be in Hong Kong look like they're about to do just that.
https://www.scmp.com/news/hong-kong/health-environment/article/3118657/hong-kong-fourth-wave-airline-sector-braces
View Quote

Might as well just park all the jets, and turn out the lights at that point.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:05:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Where can you actually go on vacation right now?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Does this include Americans coming back from vacation?

Caribbean,  Mexico, French polynesia  and others as well.
What about "Essential travelers", do they have to quarantine?
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:12:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.passportindex.org/passport/united-states-of-america/
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:13:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

My wife and I are going to Tahiti, Moorea and Bora Bora next Thursday for 2 weeks.
Because they can't do the covid test within 72 hours on Bora Bora we had to get the blood test showing that we've already had covid-19 and a letter from my doctor to get back into the USA.
View Quote

Have a great time! I'm jealous.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:15:04 PM EDT
[#14]
I found a yellow quarantine flag once in a bin of nautical junk- the stuff had been used for teaching purposes.  I now wish I had kept it.

Perhaps that should be Biden's official flag? Raise the yellow flag of Covid surrender!
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:19:54 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yep cancelled for February.
Pop hot and end up in some ratty Mexican Covid holding facility. Doubt resort is gonna let ya stay.
View Quote

The upscale resorts are quarantining positives at reduced rates.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:27:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Day 2, another swing and a hit at the US economy...

The amount of American workers who travel overseas daily is massive.
View Quote

I guess I'll get 2 weeks off paid, when I get back from Portugal, in a couple of weeks.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 9:55:35 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
what about the unwashed hoard at the southern boarder?

View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:28:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good for the tourism industry...
View Quote

Bidung, Xiden, Bidet, did this, 80 million Americans were wrong.
Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:37:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I doubt this will include border jumpers.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/21/2021 10:39:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Who and how will it be enforced?
View Quote

Exactly.

Link Posted: 1/22/2021 1:21:37 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Yeah nobody would ever think to leave their phone home and on call forwarding to a burner phone.
View Quote

That won't work they can be linked.
Now if you had everything on VPN and IP calling from foreign services, it might.
Link Posted: 1/22/2021 8:32:25 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep cancelled for February.
Pop hot and end up in some ratty Mexican Covid holding facility. Doubt resort is gonna let ya stay.

Sure, and hopefully people can work remotely or their jobs might be in danger.
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top