BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:45:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Let me quote myself, update.  Dad has temp of 102° this morning.  Fuck covid and the shot!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My 87 y/o parents, both had Covid in October, got the Moderna shot yesterday.

Let me quote myself, update.  Dad has temp of 102° this morning.  Fuck covid and the shot!

I have noticed a trend with people that tested positive for covid symptomatic or asymptotic have a much stronger immune response to the vaccine such as arm soreness, fever, chills and temp. This across the board, age is no factor.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:52:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Kill their TV.

Seriously.
View Quote
because they want a vaccine?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:57:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Remember...

Most people in GD have advance degrees in FB and Reddit... as opposed to those goofy scientist making a vaccine with countless hours of university study
View Quote

So we should also believe all the scientists with "countless hours of university study" about climate change now?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#4]
combo of

Quoted:
He's 80 and doesn't want to risk dying a horrific death. Seems like a reasonable decision to me.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
He's 80 and doesn't want to risk dying a horrific death. Seems like a reasonable decision to me.

and
Quoted:
Old people dont care about long term effects or sperm counts. They just want to enjoy life before they die.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:02:03 PM EDT
[#5]
My grandfather is 89 and in an old folks home because he needs rehab after having surgery on a leg and cannot get around on his own. Probably never will again honestly.

He received the vaccine on Saturday. All indications was he fine otherwise before it was administered. Monday night the nurse made a round to make sure everyone was ready for bed. My grandfather was already in bed and unresponsive.  He was burning up with a 104 temp. He went straight to the ER next door basically. He has pneumonia and low O2 so bad he was intubated and put on ventilator.

IDK if the vaccine has a damn thing to do with his condition or not but...

He continues to test negative for covid.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:02:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Damn there is a lot of stupid advice in this thread.

This place needs a purge.
View Quote
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:06:59 PM EDT
[#7]
Maybe it's safe, maybe it's not, time will tell. If you want it, go for it, I choose not to. However, when you have management reminding RNs to be sure to take a picture next to the "I got vaccinated" sign and post it online, you have to admit that there's a lot of political theater involved.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Do you guys seriously believe there's a conspiracy at play with covid vaccines?  
View Quote

I seriously believe that the vaccines were rushed out after the usual safeguards were relaxed.

I seriously believe that they've played politics with the pandemic, and everything surrounding it, in order to manipulate the public.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Goes from saying "There is no way in hell that I will take that commie Covid shot" to "I can't wait to get it!". What is happening to our people?

I also have in-laws that are so excited to be numbers 5 and 7 of 18k people to get the shot that they are literally bragging to everyone about!

View Quote

Some of the actual adults are learning that they could die from Covid.
Sort of sobering.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:49:16 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Bingo. Remember all the Zantac commercials on TV not long ago? Now they found out it's bad for you and there are now a bunch of TV ads offering to help sue. How many years of research went into Zantac? How long did it have the full blessing and approval of the FDA?
View Quote

Bad because manufacturers were contaminating it with NDMA.  That's what you get when India and China make your meds.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:42:31 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Goes from saying "There is no way in hell that I will take that commie Covid shot" to "I can't wait to get it!". What is happening to our people?

I also have in-laws that are so excited to be numbers 5 and 7 of 18k people to get the shot that they are literally bragging to everyone about!

View Quote

I pray I don't have a son like you.

My 90 year old father (26 years active military service) has his own mind to make up and he's lived with us for the last 2 years.  Whatever he decides, I will go along with because it's HIS decision.

He could golf his age up until about 7 years ago (using the womens tee, which he doesn't like LOL).  He complained to me at 83 that he's never doing 36 holes again in one day (I'm like "dad, what do you want at your age!?).  After he fractured his back 3 years ago, he kind of went downhill fast, but I've been told by friends that at his age, he's still ahead of the game after the injury he had.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:48:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They want their lives to get back to normal.
Mine want it as well. They are ready to get back to living what's left of their lives. And if it happens to kill them, that's God's plan. That's their exact words.
View Quote

Getting the shot wont change any of that.

The CDC litterlly told my wife not to allow at risk people to get the vacine for fear of death. She manages doctors and clinics.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:51:34 PM EDT
[#13]
People change their minds, adjust their opinions, who knew OP?  See what happens when you reach 80.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:54:58 PM EDT
[#14]
"Get the shot, even if you've had COVID already. Our shot is better than you're natural immunity. After you get our amazing shot, please continue to wear a mask, socially distance, and behave like a good little subject. We will tell you when it's safe to be free again."
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:57:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Old people dont care about long term effects or sperm counts. They just want to enjoy life before they die.
View Quote

This, if I was over 60, I'd absolutely be getting the shot ASAP.

The numbers right now are not great, lots of people are catching right now, seems like getting the two shots and being careful for a month would be a lot easier than worrying about it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:58:14 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:50:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

...The CDC litterlly told my wife not to allow at risk people to get the vacine for fear of death....
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Getting the shot wont change any of that.

The CDC litterlly told my wife not to allow at risk people to get the vacine for fear of death. She manages doctors and clinics.
View Quote
that's Q level bullshit.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 10:00:31 PM EDT
[#19]
In the case of an 80 yr old, the risk of problems with the vaccine, is exponentially less than problems after contracting Covid-19.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:17:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I seriously believe that the vaccines were rushed out after the usual safeguards were relaxed.

I seriously believe that they've played politics with the pandemic, and everything surrounding it, in order to manipulate the public.
View Quote

This is where I'm at with it.  I called the elderly people in my life and had discussions with them to get a feel for their intent.  I told them to do what they felt was best for them and not
to worry about what everyone else would think.  If I was, say over 65, I'd give it serious consideration, however, I'm very very concerned about the politics that were played and the long term
repercussions of putting political pressure on medical and scientific people.  Would you want to be known as the one who refused to trot out a vaccinatin and accused of killing hundreds of millions by your political masters and propoganda outlets?  No, you'd get with the program.

Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:23:09 PM EDT
[#21]
We’re people this retarded when the Polio vaccine came out or did the internet do this?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:29:22 PM EDT
[#22]
FPNI...
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:31:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Because business owners can't tell by looking at you if you've had the shot???
View Quote

So the mask is simply a badge of compliance?
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:39:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Were people this retarded when the Polio vaccine came out or did the internet do this?
View Quote

Other than a few religious objectors like Christian Scientists and Jehova's Witnesses, my recollection is that the hippies started most of the anti-science dumbassery.  The Internet is very efficient means of disseminating misinformation and disinformation.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Just a guess, but maybe they believe the shot will provide them protection.
View Quote

Some people are thinking the vaccinations mean things will magically go back to normal.
Link Posted: 1/15/2021 1:07:00 PM EDT
[#26]
Maybe because assloads of people have had the vaccine now and almost all of them have been fine? long term effects (as in, 20 years down the road) aren't a big concern when you're 80
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top