Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 1/14/2021 1:51:29 AM EDT
Goes from saying "There is no way in hell that I will take that commie Covid shot" to "I can't wait to get it!". What is happening to our people?

I also have in-laws that are so excited to be numbers 5 and 7 of 18k people to get the shot that they are literally bragging to everyone about!

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:04:53 AM EDT
[#1]
Just a guess, but maybe they believe the shot will provide them protection.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:06:09 AM EDT
[#2]
My father, who is also 80, wants the shot asap.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:07:58 AM EDT
[#3]
The Advertisements(or your gonna die if you get the COVID) are running all day on all channels.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:08:03 AM EDT
[#4]
They want their lives to get back to normal.
Mine want it as well. They are ready to get back to living what's left of their lives. And if it happens to kill them, that's God's plan. That's their exact words.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:08:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Kill their TV.

Seriously.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:10:23 AM EDT
[#6]
He's 80 and doesn't want to risk dying a horrific death. Seems like a reasonable decision to me.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:10:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Old people dont care about long term effects or sperm counts. They just want to enjoy life before they die.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:15:02 AM EDT
[#8]
If I was 80 I think I would want it asap also.

A.(likley outcome) It is legit and saves me from dieing alone in a hospital.

B. It kills me and saves my children and grandchildren taking it. WTH I'm 80.

C. (2nd most likley outcome) It has russian nanobots that turn me gay. Again I'm 80 and able to steer others from my fate and I spend my final years in drag creeping in the Hunk of the Day forum.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:17:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Do you guys seriously believe there's a conspiracy at play with covid vaccines?  
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:19:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Old people dont care about long term effects (snip). They just want to enjoy life before they die.
View Quote

Then go with hookers and blow and get over the COVID shit
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:21:05 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't trust anything the gov wants me to get.

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:21:49 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

Do you seriously believe COVID hasn't been exploited for various ends?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:22:16 AM EDT
[#13]
Seems your Dad is a reasonable, intelligent man, that weighs the risk/reward of taking a vaccine that carries almost no risk (especially for a person with just a few years more in the game) and may reward him by preventing the possibility that if he got Covid, he may end up hacking up lung juice and suffocating in a hospital. But better to call into question the masculinity of an 80 year old man whose instincts have gotten him this far in this dangerous, uncertain, and chaotic world. If he wants 6 shots, get them to him.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:23:04 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
He's 80 and doesn't want to risk dying a horrific death. Seems like a reasonable decision to me.
View Quote

This.

He has a better chance of dying from COVID than he does from the shot. Why are you so against it?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:23:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well, the FDA requires extensive tests on all such things. That many times takes a few years before they will approve it.

This thing was rushed out in less than one year. Who knows what the long term effects really are?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Of course it has. That doesn't mean it's not dangerous to an 80 year old.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:24:04 AM EDT
[#17]
I work in healthcare.  I’m not getting the shot.  If I were your dads age I would be getting the shot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:25:19 AM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:25:28 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What does that have to do with the issue at hand?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:25:48 AM EDT
[#20]
well my 77yo dad is exited to get the first dose tomorrow, seems like a prudent risk to benefit analysis to me
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:26:38 AM EDT
[#21]
If I was close to 70-80, I would too. Just saying.....
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:27:37 AM EDT
[#22]
A lot of people are like this, even younger groups. In what I’ve experienced they know someone that got it and after about a week the “well they didn’t die or get sick” mentality kicks in and they want it too.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:28:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:28:03 AM EDT
[#24]
Hell, I'm gonna get two shots...
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:44:52 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
No different than any other virus. But since we agree on the exploitation of the COVID virus, would you not then recognize that if the virus itself was exploited for various ends, the vaccine would then also lend itself to being exploited? After all it wouldn't be the first time fear was preyed upon for person, financial, or political gain. And anyone with 80 years of life experience should recognize that fear is far more dangerous than any virus
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 2:54:38 AM EDT
[#26]

Could be he wants to stay alive longer?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:08:28 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's where I am. Might be fine but if I've learned anything this year, it's that the government wants me gone.

Anything someone that evil wants me to do must be evaluated with a critical eye
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:11:36 AM EDT
[#28]
Same as over here,

People went from no, to give me it now when they banged on about the “new more extra hyper bad mega bad strain’

My godmother who is tough as old boots been going out all year not giving a fuck, has lung cancer and all kinds of issues, all of a sudden wants it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:35:43 AM EDT
[#29]
I am 70, and I will be taking my 2 shots, my younger bro is a pharmD-type, and he got is 1st one, zero side-effects. Some of his co-workers got nausea, headaches, and some soreness in the injection site, but that went away after 2-3 days. All my life I have been taking vaccines, so I am still alive.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:40:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Mom and Dad are 79.   Dad didn't stay up until midnight to be first on the website list, instead he waited until morning.  He is disappointed he has to wait until MARCH to get the shot.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 3:58:28 AM EDT
[#31]
Because having the shot will protect him and, more importantly, his loved ones around him?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:01:21 AM EDT
[#32]
Brian01: Because having the shot will protect him and, more importantly, his loved ones around him?
View Quote

I doubt it will be any better than the flu vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 4:05:06 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yes it has, but that has jack shit to do with the effectiveness and safety of the vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:02:57 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote

Follow the money trail.

As for the plandemic:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:09:13 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Well, the FDA requires extensive tests on all such things. That many times takes a few years before they will approve it.

This thing was rushed out in less than one year. Who knows what the long term effects really are?
View Quote

Bingo. Remember all the Zantac commercials on TV not long ago? Now they found out it's bad for you and there are now a bunch of TV ads offering to help sue. How many years of research went into Zantac? How long did it have the full blessing and approval of the FDA?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:19:27 AM EDT
[#36]
My 80 year old parents didn't want anything to do with the government pushed vaccine.

Then my brother contracted the virus and was hospitalized for a week.  They then tested positive from their exposure to him.

They went home and slept for two weeks and today they'll finish quarantine.  They still say hard pass on the vaccine.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:21:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Just a guess, but maybe they believe the shot will provide them protection.
View Quote

MSM got to them.

MSM got to them
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:25:58 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Old people dont care about long term effects or sperm counts. They just want to enjoy life before they die.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:29:25 AM EDT
[#39]
My pulmonologist told me to get the shot.....i'm still thinking about it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:32:56 AM EDT
[#40]
Well, let's see. Live a few more years stuck in a chair watching tv or get the vaccine and go about my remaining years.

Hmmm. That's a tough one.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:39:18 AM EDT
[#41]
What’s the issue.  Aren’t they the target demo for who the virus is killing?  If so why not take it?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:46:43 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:47:10 AM EDT
[#43]
I'll take it.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:52:31 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
No different than any other virus. But since we agree on the exploitation of the COVID virus, would you not then recognize that if the virus itself was exploited for various ends, the vaccine would then also lend itself to being exploited? After all it wouldn't be the first time fear was preyed upon for person, financial, or political gain. And anyone with 80 years of life experience should recognize that fear is far more dangerous than any virus
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Way different than any other virus it's a novel virus so humans haven't been exposed before now. In our lifetime we have nothing to compare it to. You will probably be ok but why chance it when we now have options.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/14/2021 6:57:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Keep it. Moms 88 and been locked down in nursing home and got the two part shot.  Just started having seizures. No family history of that shit. I’ll stick with Zinc and Vitamin D. Looking at HCQ & Ivermectin as well for Prophylaxis.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:08:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote

For fucks sake.  No

I am wary of a vaccine rammrodded through development and testing.

We have never had a coronavirus (cold ) vaccine yet,now we have a bunch. Major countries all have their own, we have 3?

Gtfo, you can have mine bro.

Human body is the most efficient defense.

Dont be weak, 1st rule of life club.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:13:59 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
well my 77yo dad is exited to get the first dose tomorrow, seems like a prudent risk to benefit analysis to me
View Quote

I dont give a shit who takes it.  Dont force it on me.

Can someone answer me how we can make permanent predictions concerning covid and vaccination side affects?  Seriously.

With a year of covid data and less than that with vaccination development and trials how can we reasonably know?
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:15:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Mortality from COVID-19 is 15% for people over age 80 in my county.  My 86-year-old mother definitely wants to be vaccinated.
Link Posted: 1/14/2021 7:15:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Way different than any other virus it's a novel virus so humans haven't been exposed before now. In our lifetime we have nothing to compare it to. You will probably be ok but why chance it when we now have options.
View Quote

Sounds like you're taking mainstream media at their word. Good luck with your decision.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top