Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 101
Link Posted: 9/5/2022 9:12:47 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jake-cutter] [#1]
Had some time today and installed the locking hatch handle. I've had locking doors for years but never saw/made one for the rear hatch on the slantback. Now I can lock everything.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:09:10 PM EDT
[#2]
I miss mine.

As purchased:

After I fixed it up:

Damn, I did a great job on her.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 10:28:22 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History

Yeah you did!

Nice time to get into an 11xx series! Turbo, 4 speed, air conditioning...
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 8:14:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I am very interested in purchasing a Humvee at gov planet, but from what I see you can only get "Off Road" titles in Florida. I know some in Florida have skirted this, and been able to get a Street Legal title. Those who have are pretty tight lipped about how they did it. Gov Planet gives you a SF97 form with your Humvee purchase. Florida doesn't recognize  those for Street Legal use. You can only get a Off Road/Parade title.
If anybody knows how I can get a Street Legal Florida title for one, then please inform me how it's done!
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 10:26:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By CAPITALIST:
I am very interested in purchasing a Humvee at gov planet, but from what I see you can only get "Off Road" titles in Florida. I know some in Florida have skirted this, and been able to get a Street Legal title. Those who have are pretty tight lipped about how they did it. Gov Planet gives you a SF97 form with your Humvee purchase. Florida doesn't recognize  those for Street Legal use. You can only get a Off Road/Parade title.
If anybody knows how I can get a Street Legal Florida title for one, then please inform me how it's done!
View Quote

I don't know if it would help but, I believe when you purchase from GP, you can opt for a title from either Utah or Montana. Maybe that would work in lieu of the SF97? I'm out of the loop on what current options are though.

An alternative, one thing that a lot of folks living in restrictive states will do is either get an LLC in Montana and title/plate out of state or go the Vermont registration/plate route to bypass their local laws. The Vermont method:

Lost Car Title? How to get paperwork for your used car EASILY!

A suggestion, if I may... You guys in FL have America's Governor in office and he is a military man that has deployed so is surely familiar with the HMMWV. It may be a good time to network with others in your situation and work to get the FL law changed. I'd about guarantee DeSantis would sign legislation to unrestrict MVs.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 11:02:28 AM EDT
[#6]
Illinois doesn't allow them either.  I got mine tagged in Utah through DirtLegal.  It wasn't cheap, but I've been riding on the street for a year now, no issues aside from Utah needing constant confirmation that it's insured.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 12:08:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:A suggestion, if I may... You guys in FL have America's Governor in office and he is a military man that has deployed so is surely familiar with the HMMWV. It may be a good time to network with others in your situation and work to get the FL law changed. I'd about guarantee DeSantis would sign legislation to unrestrict MVs.
View Quote
If you could get through (email, phone call, visit) you might be able to get him to issue an executive order.  I doubt the legislature would need to be involved at all.
Link Posted: 9/14/2022 5:44:23 PM EDT
[#8]
Originally Posted By Mainsail:
If you could get through (email, phone call, visit) you might be able to get him to issue an executive order.  I doubt the legislature would need to be involved at all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:A suggestion, if I may... You guys in FL have America's Governor in office and he is a military man that has deployed so is surely familiar with the HMMWV. It may be a good time to network with others in your situation and work to get the FL law changed. I'd about guarantee DeSantis would sign legislation to unrestrict MVs.

That's a good point. Depends on how their DMV/BMV enacted the restriction. If it was done administratively and there isn't anything based in FL code to ban them that could definitely work.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 1:52:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Originally Posted By SmartDrug:
Illinois doesn't allow them either.  I got mine tagged in Utah through DirtLegal.  It wasn't cheap, but I've been riding on the street for a year now, no issues aside from Utah needing constant confirmation that it's insured.
View Quote

That's what I was planning to do, is register in either Montana or Nevada. I watch this attorney's channel quite often. He is a lawyer that specializes in automotive law in Michigan. He brings up some pretty good reasons as to why there are serious risks to this course of action. Watch.

The Montana License Plate Scam - Lehto's Law Ep. 5.16
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 2:22:44 PM EDT
[#10]
What if you buy one already registered in a state like Texas and then just transfer it over, will they take that?
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 2:59:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:
What if you buy one already registered in a state like Texas and then just transfer it over, will they take that?
View Quote

Florida will only issue "Off Road/Parade" titles for Humvee's. If a title from another state says anything about "Military Vehicle" or "Humvee" they won't register it for Street Use.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 3:02:43 PM EDT
[#12]
My Texas title does not say anything military or humvee on it. Says AMG as the manufacture and M1025 as the model and Gov Planet as the previous owner.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 3:16:29 PM EDT
[#13]
This is the service that SmartDrug used:
https://www.dirtlegal.com/military-vehicle-street-legal-registration#

They advertise being able to register a vehicle (that you are not allowed to register in your own state) in the name of a "Company LLC" in the state of Utah. They say you are perfectly legal to drive this vehicle (which is not legal to register in your state) as a daily driver (with Utah plates on it) in your state.

I don't see how you could get insurance for the vehicle in the name of your Company LLC, and in case of an accident how you personally could claim an interest in a insurance payout when the vehicle is owned by an LLC in another state.

It's my understanding that @Aimless is an Attorney licensed in New York and Utah. I would love to hear what he thinks of this.
Link Posted: 9/17/2022 5:42:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:36:34 AM EDT
[#15]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
Sorry, not licensed in Utah, only in NY.

So you set up a Utah corp and then license it here and drive around with Utah plates back home?
View Quote

I thought you would be licensed in Utah. If you would, could you watch the video I posted above from the Lawyer in Michigan and play devil's advocate about what you think the legality of skirting the law where as you can not register a certain type of vehicle in your state. You set up a Shell Company in another state to claim ownership of the vehicle you want, then drive the vehicle in your state (where it is not able to be registered) as a daily driver. Just trying to get different Lawyers views on this situation.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 9:56:29 PM EDT
[#16]

They advertise being able to register a vehicle (that you are not allowed to register in your own state) in the name of a "Company LLC" in the state of Utah. They say you are perfectly legal to drive this vehicle (which is not legal to register in your state) as a daily driver (with Utah plates on it) in your state.

I don't see how you could get insurance for the vehicle in the name of your Company LLC, and in case of an accident how you personally could claim an interest in a insurance payout when the vehicle is owned by an LLC in another state.

It's my understanding that @Aimless is an Attorney licensed in New York and Utah. I would love to hear what he thinks of this.
View Quote

What's your source for all this?

My title and registration say nothing aside from my name and Illinois address, no Company/LLC, no Lein, etc.  The vehicle is listed as a "1999 AMGN M1123" and the 6 digit VIN.   It is insured through State Farm Fire & Casualty for an agreed upon $40,000, the same policy as my summertime convertible that I no longer drive in favor of my HMMWV.  As stated before, they weren't cheap, but there were zero strings attached for me, not sure where you heard all that.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 10:38:44 PM EDT
[#17]

My title and registration say nothing aside from my name and Illinois address, no Company/LLC, no Lein, etc.  The vehicle is listed as a "1999 AMGN M1123" and the 6 digit VIN.   It is insured through State Farm Fire & Casualty for an agreed upon $40,000, the same policy as my summertime convertible that I no longer drive in favor of my HMMWV.  As stated before, they weren't cheap, but there were zero strings attached for me, not sure where you heard all that.
View All Quotes

According to the Dirt Legal website on it's THE EXTENSIVE DIRT LEGAL FAQ page. They advertise that to get plates from Utah (for a Humvee in a state that you aren't allowed to register it) that they will set up a LLC in the name of a company. That company name will be the owner of the Humvee. You will be listed as the owner of that company which allows you to drive the Humvee in your state. It also says that you are to get insurance in your name and in your home state, and list your LLC name as well on the policy. Florida requires anybody (who becomes a resident of the state) to transfer their license plates to Florida plates within 30 days of residency. Dirt Legal says they get around that by registering your vehicle in a LLC, so no individual is listed as owning it, which skirts the 30 day registry thing. I didn't make any of this up. It's on the Dirt Legal website.
Link Posted: 9/18/2022 11:55:55 PM EDT
[Last Edit: SmartDrug] [#18]

According to the Dirt Legal website on it's THE EXTENSIVE DIRT LEGAL FAQ page. They advertise that to get plates from Utah (for a Humvee in a state that you aren't allowed to register it) that they will set up a LLC in the name of a company. That company name will be the owner of the Humvee. You will be listed as the owner of that company which allows you to drive the Humvee in your state. It also says that you are to get insurance in your name and in your home state, and list your LLC name as well on the policy. Florida requires anybody (who becomes a resident of the state) to transfer their license plates to Florida plates within 30 days of residency. Dirt Legal says they get around that by registering your vehicle in a LLC, so no individual is listed as owning it, which skirts the 30 day registry thing. I didn't make any of this up. It's on the Dirt Legal website.
View Quote

Fair enough, sorry I doubted you. Either this is new, or they started and named an LLC in my legal name, I can’t see how they would have done this. Weird.
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 11:40:51 AM EDT
[#19]

Fair enough, sorry I doubted you. Either this is new, or they started and named an LLC in my legal name, I can’t see how they would have done this. Weird.
View Quote

This has been how Dirt Legal has been doing it since the beginning from what I've seen. Supposedly after you send them the $800.00 for this service on their website, they mail you a package of documents including a Power Of Attorney, a request for your Bill of Sale and/or Sp97 (a SP97 is a government form to use to get a title if you buy a Military Vehicle at auction) (Florida doesn't accept SP97's or Bill of Sale hence why I'm looking into this). A form with what name you want your LLC business to be called. A copy of your Drivers License, and some other forms.
The way the service works is, you legally sign over ownership of your Humvee to Dirt Legal. They register it in their company name, then they sell it back to you in the name of your LLC (that they set up for you with the Power of Attorney that you signed).
You now have an official Utah Title and License Plates. You also have to pay sales tax at 7% to the state of Utah for the transfer. You have to provide the state of Utah proof of Insurance. The hard part I see is how you could get insurance if you explained the whole situation to an Insurance company. You say to an Insurance company:
"Hello, I'd like to get Insurance for a former Military Vehicle (in the state that I live in. Where it is against the law to register it.) The vehicle is registered in Utah (a place I've never stepped foot before). It is owned in an LLC (shell company), and I want a policy where I can drive it anytime I want."
Sounds like it would be hard to find a company to take you on, let alone pay off on any claims. You are also supposed to add your LLC as a "Party Of Interest" or something like that on your policy.
Dirt Legal's main office is at 5100 NE 12th Ave Unit A Oakland Park FL 33334. Which looks to be an Industrial Complex:
Link Posted: 9/19/2022 12:13:55 PM EDT
[#20]
One thing worth a mention here is that I had a street legal Wisconsin title/plates from the previous owner, before going to them.  As a result, it was cheaper than their SF97/Offroad service - that may be the difference for what I experienced.
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:44:11 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#21]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:53:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#22]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 1:57:19 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 2:36:28 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Aimless] [#24]
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:21:18 PM EDT
[#25]
New top from Blue Ox arrived today - fantastic!

Seeing the truck in the driveway covered by a tarp or just topless made it feel like there was no hope, but the top arrived today and I got word the Montana title should be here Friday.  

As purchased:

Attachment Attached File

Rapco paint touch-up and new top:

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 9:30:39 PM EDT
[#26]

Seeing the truck in the driveway covered by a tarp or just topless made it feel like there was no hope, but the top arrived today and I got word the Montana title should be here Friday.  

As purchased:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Home_jpg-2533530.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/NewTop01_jpg-2533532.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/NewTop02_jpg-2533533.JPG
View Quote

Great looking humvee!  
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 10:08:19 PM EDT
[#27]
Looks great @Mainsail! Is that a Guzzi in the garage?
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 10:31:06 PM EDT
[#28]
Looks great @Mainsail! Is that a Guzzi in the garage?
View Quote

You can see that?  Wow!

Yes:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2022 10:44:26 PM EDT
[#29]

As purchased:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/Home_jpg-2533530.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/NewTop01_jpg-2533532.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/NewTop02_jpg-2533533.JPG
View Quote

Looking good!
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#30]

You can see that?  Wow!

Yes:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/171243/GuzziQrt_jpg-2533637.JPG
View Quote

LOL!  Very cool, I had a California for a short while, still trying to find a clean V11, that one has been on the short list for over a decade.
Link Posted: 9/21/2022 12:04:44 PM EDT
[#31]
Originally Posted By Aimless:
The lawyer in the Montana registration scam video has a good point about insurance

You start an LLC in another state to title your tank or dirt bike. The LLC has some fake address, like a ups store, in the other state.

Insurance agents don't ask about registration -okay the Montana thing is a tax dodge so they're otherwise road legal cars, so the agent doesn't question you when you call to register some otherwise road legal car. However if you use your real name and address insurance won't pay because you aren't the legal owner, the out of state LLC is. If you list the LLC you still have to tell the insurance company it's at your house out of state and they probably won't insure it.

With tanks, dirt bikes etc are you going to be able to find insurance? I see RZRs here on the road, I assume they're insured, but I doubt that insurance covers me if I move back to NY with my RZR (not to mention Utah plate or not the police would be all over you)
View Quote

Thank You Aimless for your view on this situation. I appreciate it. I find it hard to believe you could find insurance if you explained that whole LLC situation to a Insurance Agent. If you just insured it in your name, you would have a Insurance Card if you got pulled over. If you were involved in an accident, you would never get a payoff.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:19:15 PM EDT
[#32]

Thank You Aimless for your view on this situation. I appreciate it. I find it hard to believe you could find insurance if you explained that whole LLC situation to a Insurance Agent. If you just insured it in your name, you would have a Insurance Card if you got pulled over. If you were involved in an accident, you would never get a payoff.
View Quote
I will show you what you get when in an accident in an armored vehicle. You get a sticker while the hatchback get its A pillar crushed and part or the roof removed. Also some light scratching on your paint.

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 5:55:53 PM EDT
[#33]
Originally Posted By m35ben:
I will show you what you get when in an accident in an armored vehicle. You get a sticker while the hatchback get its A pillar crushed and part or the roof removed. Also some light scratching on your paint.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/390973/IMG-20220625-WA0000-2537562.jpg
View Quote

When Humvee's get in accidents, they don't make out that well. It would be cool if the Humvee I just bought still had the armor on it!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 6:08:25 PM EDT
[#34]

View Quote

Curious why the insurance company would know about any of that if the vehicle is insured/registered/owned all under the same legal name.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I don't see how they'd be able to figure it out.

Insured name: Billy Bob - 123 Alpha street

Registered name: Billy Bob - 123 Alpha street

Title name: Billy Bob - 123 Alpha street

Aren't they just going to cut the check to Billy Bob at 123 Alpha street after receiving the title from Billy Bob at 123 Alpha street?  I get that Dirt Legal may have done some fancy legal work getting it through, but don't see how the insurance company would have any visibility to this unless it possibly were used as a work truck for the aforementioned LLC.  That said, I haven't had an insurance claim in many years.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:31:25 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Mainsail] [#35]
Well, I got my Montana title, and they coded it Off Highway.  

Talked to DMV, they say I need to bring a photo of the FMVSS statement with the VIN, which of course doesn't exist.  

Somehow other WA residents are sporting WA plates, but I can't find anyone that will give me a straight answer for how.  I asked on FB (using a borrowed FB account) and clearly specified I wanted to hear experiences of how they made it happen, and mostly get speculation and opinion on the subject.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:43:50 AM EDT
[#36]

Talked to DMV, they say I need to bring a photo of the FMVSS statement with the VIN, which of course doesn't exist.  

Somehow other WA residents are sporting WA plates, but I can't find anyone that will give me a straight answer for how.  I asked on FB (using a borrowed FB account) and clearly specified I wanted to hear experiences of how they made it happen, and mostly get speculation and opinion on the subject.
View Quote

If you want to PM me your email address I've got a couple PDFs from the NHTSA that might help that I can send you when I get home.
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 11:52:26 AM EDT
[#37]
Originally Posted By Ryan_Ruck:

If you want to PM me your email address I've got a couple PDFs from the NHTSA that might help that I can send you when I get home.
View All Quotes

Sent both email and PM.  Thanks!
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:50:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CAPITALIST] [#38]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 9:59:53 PM EDT
[Last Edit: CAPITALIST] [#39]
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 10:04:08 PM EDT
[#40]

Curious why the insurance company would know about any of that if the vehicle is insured/registered/owned all under the same legal name.

I'm not saying your wrong, but I don't see how they'd be able to figure it out.

Insured name: Billy Bob - 123 Alpha street

Registered name: Billy Bob - 123 Alpha street

Title name: Billy Bob - 123 Alpha street

Aren't they just going to cut the check to Billy Bob at 123 Alpha street after receiving the title from Billy Bob at 123 Alpha street?  I get that Dirt Legal may have done some fancy legal work getting it through, but don't see how the insurance company would have any visibility to this unless it possibly were used as a work truck for the aforementioned LLC.  That said, I haven't had an insurance claim in many years.
View Quote

The owner of the Humvee is the LLC shell company ( It is the listed owner of title in Utah). You are insuring it in your name. You are not personally the owner of the Humvee, the LLC is. The LLC company would need insurance in it's name (as it is the legal owner of the Humvee.) Even if there was a insurance payoff in your name (unlikely), the insurance company would wright a check in the owners name(LLC).
Would you have a bank account in Utah in the name of your LLC in which to cash an insurance check?

It would be like me setting up a Life Insurance Policy on my neighbor. He dies and I get a million dollars.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 1:04:37 PM EDT
[#41]
A friend who has military trucks (just not a HMMWV) says not to use a LLC because if you're in a wreck the accident investigation will reveal it was a fraud.  He says, and uses, a trust.  The trust is in whatever state you want, and the HMMWV is in the trust.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:00:37 PM EDT
[#42]

The owner of the Humvee is the LLC shell company ( It is the listed owner of title in Utah). You are insuring it in your name. You are not personally the owner of the Humvee, the LLC is. The LLC company would need insurance in it's name (as it is the legal owner of the Humvee.) Even if there was a insurance payoff in your name (unlikely), the insurance company would wright a check in the owners name(LLC).
Would you have a bank account in Utah in the name of your LLC in which to cash an insurance check?

It would be like me setting up a Life Insurance Policy on my neighbor. He dies and I get a million dollars.
View Quote

How would the insurance company know that the LLC was the owner, instead of the party insured?

How would the DirtLegal client even be aware of it?

I am a dirt legal client- nothing in my paperwork indicates anything about an LLC aside from that link you posted. As stated, the title, registration, insurance etc. are all in my legal name, not an LLC.

Your analogy is flawed, you could absolutely take out an insurance policy on your neighbor if you had an insurable interest in them, the way one does with a vehicle.
Link Posted: 10/1/2022 7:58:32 PM EDT
[#43]
Anytime you are in an accident it gets entered into NCIC and the police report has the legal owner listed, a separate field for the driver and usually a check box to show they are the same or related. So the insurance company would immediately see that the driver and owner are two different people. If you look back a page, you will see the accident I posted about. My friend is still dealing with the other insurance company as the owner was an LLC for hotels and the driver was not listed as an authorized user. On top of that, even as of now the LLC has not reported that there has been an accident and the insurance company will not do anything until they do and see the other vehicle. Even with the police report they are stalling as the LLC is messy and looks like fraud to avoid taxes. Basically, the insurance companies will do anything to pay as little or none as possible. Do a little more leg work to have it in your name or look at the VT route.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:21:59 PM EDT
[#44]
I started a thread in GD a while back on buying a hummer and I missed it. Another ones come up that I’m interested in.

Mid 80s with less than 10k on the clock at a NG armory. Does that throw any red flags?
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#45]
Originally Posted By JAD762:
I started a thread in GD a while back on buying a hummer and I missed it. Another ones come up that I’m interested in.

Mid 80s with less than 10k on the clock at a NG armory. Does that throw any red flags?
View Quote

Would need a lot more info to give you an idea.

Mid 80s model is going to be a 3 speed, naturally aspirated (aka slow ) truck.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:30:48 PM EDT
[Last Edit: JAD762] [#46]

View All Quotes

Right on. It’s a M1097R1 that seems pretty par for the course, condition wise. In my previous thread someone suggested trying to find an AF hummer because they tend to run easier. I just didn’t know whether or not a NG one meant worse maintenance or better. I imagine that it hasn’t been run much.

ETA - does gov planet let you test drive? It’s not far from me.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 8:49:40 PM EDT
[Last Edit: Ryan_Ruck] [#47]

Right on. It’s a M1097R1 that seems pretty par for the course, condition wise. In my previous thread someone suggested trying to find an AF hummer because they tend to run easier. I just didn’t know whether or not a NG one meant worse maintenance or better. I imagine that it hasn’t been run much.

View All Quotes

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know that the AF is releasing any trucks. So far as I know its only Army 99x and 10xx series trucks and the Marine Corps is selling anything and everything. No 11xx trucks from the Army because they've never changed the demil code and are still shredding them. No idea what's happening with Navy and AF trucks.

As for maintenance, that's hard to say. My personal metric is mileage not too high and not too low, which matches the general overall condition of the truck, commensurate with its age. If it's average mileage for its age that means it was likely operated regularly rather than sitting deadlined or completely whored out.
Link Posted: 10/21/2022 9:31:23 PM EDT
[#48]

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I don't know that the AF is releasing any trucks. So far as I know its only Army 99x and 10xx series trucks and the Marine Corps is selling anything and everything. No 11xx trucks from the Army because they've never changed the demil code and are still shredding them. No idea what's happening with Navy and AF trucks.

As for maintenance, that's hard to say. My personal metric is mileage not too high and not too low, which matches the general overall condition of the truck, commensurate with its age. If it's average mileage for its age that means it was likely operated regularly rather than sitting deadlined or completely whored out.
View All Quotes

It has 7k miles on it. It’s probably sat the bulk of its life.
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 12:46:26 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jake-cutter] [#49]
On my buddy's HMMWV the lower ball joint on the passenger side is torn. Going to replace it with a newer moog one. Plan on doing both sides while we are at it. Any other parts we should replace while there?
Link Posted: 11/6/2022 4:15:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Originally Posted By jake-cutter:
On my buddy's HMMWV the lower ball joint on the passenger side is torn. Going to replace it with a newer moog one. Plan on doing both sides while we are at it. Any other parts we should replace while there?
View Quote

Good idea to check the idler, pitman, and rod ends while you're at it.

If it doesn't have it, not a terrible idea to upgrade to the A2+ steering parts which are a little bit beefier.
Page / 101
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top