Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » Pets
Site Notices
Page / 13
Link Posted: 8/30/2021 9:55:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Very strange. That is certainly someone’s pet. That snake can’t live long term up north. No way it would survive a NY winter.
Link Posted: 8/31/2021 4:36:58 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Very strange. That is certainly someone’s pet. That snake can’t live long term up north. No way it would survive a NY winter.
View Quote

That is exactly what the animal warden said, it may have escaped  or released due to illness and no way it would make it past the winter.
Link Posted: 9/1/2021 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:27:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Thread needs a bump. Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 6:29:09 PM EDT
[#7]
Attachment Attached File

Can't even get the whole Everglades rat snake in the pic. Lol!

ETA: damn, my camera really does suck.
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:17:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Indigo boy is getting big!

ETA- So what are you using for pics?
Link Posted: 9/20/2021 11:39:49 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Indigo boy is getting big!

ETA- So what are you using for pics?
View Quote

Lol!  My shitty Android.  I need to upgrade soon.

Indigo will be two next month.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:49:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:53:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Attachment Attached File

Indigo/fur boy stare down contest. Lol!
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#12]
I see that Gunsite Cert chillin back there. Niiice. lol

When you feed the Indigo, does he explode and launch or just kinda chill strike it? If that makes any sense lol. Curious about his style. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any indigo feeding videos or anything.

Link Posted: 9/21/2021 9:52:53 PM EDT
[#13]
View Quote

I suspect both like to catch/eat rats and mice. Maybe they're having some sort of psychic connection discussing the best hunting techniques.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:10:52 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I see that Gunsite Cert chillin back there. Niiice. lol

When you feed the Indigo, does he explode and launch or just kinda chill strike it? If that makes any sense lol. Curious about his style. I don’t think I’ve ever seen any indigo feeding videos or anything.

View Quote

It's the most aggressive feeding response I've ever seen.  I'm going to need bigger feeding tongs soon.
Link Posted: 9/21/2021 11:24:26 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

I suspect both like to catch/eat rats and mice. Maybe they're having some sort of psychic connection discussing the best hunting techniques.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/22/2021 12:16:21 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

It's the most aggressive feeding response I've ever seen.  I'm going to need bigger feeding tongs soon.
View Quote

When my daughter got her first BP, it was tiny. I figured she'd just hold food by the tail, but she convinced me to buy tongs. The first time I saw the strike, I was glad I bought the tongs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2021 1:07:27 AM EDT
[#17]
Had Ember out yesterday and was able to grab a pic. She is growing quite nicely and her behavior is very very good. I love this girl.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 7:34:57 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Had Ember out yesterday and was able to grab a pic. She is growing quite nicely and her behavior is very very good. I love this girl.
https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/53193/5A04FB8E-AAD6-42B3-B235-C4341FA3B4EC_jpe-2110324.JPG
View Quote

That's an absolutely beautiful Boa.
Link Posted: 10/23/2021 9:04:35 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 10/25/2021 12:53:11 PM EDT
[#20]
This thread makes me want to get another snake.  Y'all have some beautiful ones!  I had a ball python years ago that I had to re-home when we moved across the country.  Might need to start laying the breadcrumbs to get the wife on board again.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:44:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
This thread makes me want to get another snake.  Y'all have some beautiful ones!  I had a ball python years ago that I had to re-home when we moved across the country.  Might need to start laying the breadcrumbs to get the wife on board again.
View Quote

DO IT
Link Posted: 11/7/2021 8:31:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Just a note if you ever get a yellow anaconda: not only are they lightning quick, but if you grab it to prevent it from squeezing into the three inch space between the stack of T8's and the wall, expect to get both musked and tagged.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:17:01 PM EDT
[#23]
How's everyone's breeding/brumating season going?
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:23:18 PM EDT
[#24]
I helped my daughter clean out her BP snek tanks this weekend. Discovered one of the ceramic heaters had started going bad. Nalia was happy to be held in my warm hands. She can be a little spicy.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:30:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

I just started my season with my little group. Last year I started in Nov and it was way too early. I have locks on two girls. One male goes back in tonight.
Link Posted: 2/10/2022 10:37:46 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

Only pairing my Savu pythons this year.
Link Posted: 2/11/2022 8:07:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

My BP always goes into hunt mode when I bring his dinner rat home.

Normally I can get the rat into the enclosure without much drama, but I had a bit of trouble getting it though the opening, and Fang shot out, mouth wide open, after it.  I swear half his body was out the door before I could react.
I had to take a magazine and shoo his hungry ass inside before depositing the rat for the kill.

Link Posted: 2/11/2022 10:09:25 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Just a note if you ever get a yellow anaconda: not only are they lightning quick, but if you grab it to prevent it from squeezing into the three inch space between the stack of T8's and the wall, expect to get both musked and tagged.
View Quote

I don’t see me ever owning a snake that can/ will musk.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 10:39:20 AM EDT
[#29]
If the Lacey Act amendments in the America COMPETES Act aren't stripped out by the Senate I'm going to sell my SD retic male and get a rock python.  I'd planned to breed the SD's but have come to realize that pulling even a "small" female retic off of a clutch of eggs would suck.
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 11:02:12 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
If the Lacey Act amendments in the America COMPETES Act aren't stripped out by the Senate I'm going to sell my SD retic male and get a rock python.  I'd planned to breed the SD's but have come to realize that pulling even a "small" female retic off of a clutch of eggs would suck.
View Quote

I am surprised there isn't a dedicated post about this yet.

It goes so much further than reptiles...

My entire reef aquarium would be illegal, birds - parakeets and such, rodents, lizards, spiders, hermit crabs, everything....
Link Posted: 2/12/2022 12:40:53 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

My entire reef aquarium would be illegal, birds - parakeets and such, rodents, lizards, spiders, hermit crabs, everything....
View Quote

Look in the Politics & Activism forum.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 5:10:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I just started my season with my little group. Last year I started in Nov and it was way too early. I have locks on two girls. One male goes back in tonight.
View Quote

Nice! You still working with DG? The market has went crazy for anything DG this past year.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 5:13:04 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's really unfortunate the amount of people I've seen claim that this is just a money grab for orgs like USARK. I guess people really do just have blind faith in .Gov.
Link Posted: 2/14/2022 5:22:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Nice! You still working with DG? The market has went crazy for anything DG this past year.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes. Everything is Clown, Desert Ghost, or het for one or both.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:19:54 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's a great project to be working on right now. I'm focusing mainly on monsoon this season. Although I have to decide if I want to expand or sell off a majority of my collection.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 1:23:42 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Only pairing my Savu pythons this year.
View Quote

Cool. I've always wanted a pair of silver/axanthic Savus.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:37:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Cool. I've always wanted a pair of silver/axanthic Savus.
View Quote

LOL open your wallet, they are not cheap!
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 4:51:02 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL open your wallet, they are not cheap!
View Quote

Unfortunately most of the things I like are rare and expensive
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

That's a great project to be working on right now. I'm focusing mainly on monsoon this season. Although I have to decide if I want to expand or sell off a majority of my collection.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Monsoon is holding value at the moment. I’m not in it at all, but a few people I’ve sold to are.

What would make you need to sell off?
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 9:48:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Monsoon is holding value at the moment. I’m not in it at all, but a few people I’ve sold to are.

View Quote

Just the curve balls of life and I need to make some decisions.
Link Posted: 2/15/2022 10:47:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see. That’s ruff. I’d scale back to you main project. Hyper focus your best project to keep it on its feet, and drop all the other fluff.

I held back 12 snakes from last year’s clutches, and bought quite a few babies to raise. I’m going up in numbers for a min. When I hit the amount of clutches I want, I’ll start selling and upgrading my adults.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 12:53:16 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I see. That’s ruff. I’d scale back to you main project. Hyper focus your best project to keep it on its feet, and drop all the other fluff.

I held back 12 snakes from last year’s clutches, and bought quite a few babies to raise. I’m going up in numbers for a min. When I hit the amount of clutches I want, I’ll start selling and upgrading my adults.
View Quote

Pretty much where I see myself headed. Probably going to sell everything down to a single rack and let everything else go. I already sold most of my feeders and rat racks. It's hard to let go of everything. Not only because of the time and money invested but raising up females just to sell them so someone else gets to breed them before you get a chance to really sucks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2022 1:21:02 AM EDT
[#43]
Sorry for venting and not posting any pics.
Here is the oldest bullsnake in my collection. He is over 20 years old and 5'+ also a great example of a Red bull.

Link Posted: 2/16/2022 8:42:03 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Sorry for venting and not posting any pics.
Here is the oldest bullsnake in my collection. He is over 20 years old and 5'+ also a great example of a Red bull.
https://i.imgur.com/E2GNNAf.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PI6TKEO.jpg
View Quote

Nice.  I have a male BRB that is 20 if he's a day; I've had him for nine years and he was described as "a long-term captive import, probably in his mid-teens" when I got him.  The last year he's really slowed down with eating and has gotten a bit stiff through his whole body.
Link Posted: 3/4/2022 3:40:15 PM EDT
[#45]
I’ve been meaning to post some updates here but have been busy with life. My male Suriname boa turned 2 years old a couple of weeks ago, born 2/20/20. He’s a beast.
Attachment Attached File

And my male Retic fresh after a shed. He is def the most colorful snake I own. Always amazing interacting with him.
Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/4/2022 8:33:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Get a retic, they said.

It'll be fun, they said.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 3/5/2022 12:15:40 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Get a retic, they said.

It'll be fun, they said.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/1498/reticpee_jpg-2301514.JPG

View Quote

There’s a guy that’s bought ball python babies from me that’s always trying to get me to pick up a retic from him and they’re a percentage of dwarf and sd. But I’ve seen his big girl drop a pile and the girth of the shit is the size of a tennis ball. And the urate fluid will cover most of the enclosure... No thanks!
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:15:16 PM EDT
[#48]
My Burmese python had a vet visit this weekend.  She was a rescue after being physically abused as a baby and as a result she's not easy to work with.  It took six techs to hold her down so the vet could do the exam.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcofGDmuqBU/

ETA: I have to give her injected antibiotics and an anti-inflamatory every three days.  Anyone want to help hold her down?  
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:21:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 4/29/2022 11:24:27 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
My Burmese python had a vet visit this weekend.  She was a rescue after being physically abused as a baby and as a result she's not easy to work with.  It took six techs to hold her down so the vet could do the exam.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CcofGDmuqBU/

ETA: I have to give her injected antibiotics and an anti-inflamatory every three days.  Anyone want to help hold her down?  
View Quote

Damn! What does she weigh?
Page / 13
Page General » Pets
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top