Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/11/2022 7:54:58 PM EDT
Picked up a bologna to smoke this week. What is you favorite recipe?  This will be my first time doing one.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 9:20:00 PM EDT
[#1]
In!
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 11:48:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone??? My plan was to score the chub about every inch, rub with yellow mustard and the cover with whatever rub I have in the pantry.

Smoke on 225 for about 2.5 hours and then rest for 10 minutes, slice and serve on bun.

Sides would be French fries, baked beans and a veggie or two.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 1:55:05 PM EDT
[#3]
I would do the opposite.   Leave it whole, hang it in the smoker, cold smoke at <90° (it's already cooked) for 4- 6 hours,  slice,  sizzle in pan to brown it.

I would be concerned with losing fat and juices if it were hot smoked.
Link Posted: 5/12/2022 3:05:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would do the opposite.   Leave it whole, hang it in the smoker, cold smoke at <90° (it's already cooked) for 4- 6 hours,  slice,  sizzle in pan to brown it.

View Quote

Interesting - all the internet recipies have it going hot to develop a crust/bark.

I wonder if cold smoking for longer would impart the flavor and then hit it with some heat for a shorter time period would bark it up?

Cold smoke would give me the benefit of having some cheese in there too!  Anyone else??
Link Posted: 5/13/2022 11:24:32 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Interesting - all the internet recipies have it going hot to develop a crust/bark.

I wonder if cold smoking for longer would impart the flavor and then hit it with some heat for a shorter time period would bark it up?

Cold smoke would give me the benefit of having some cheese in there too!  Anyone else??
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would do the opposite.   Leave it whole, hang it in the smoker, cold smoke at <90 (it's already cooked) for 4- 6 hours,  slice,  sizzle in pan to brown it.

this is the way
Link Posted: 6/2/2022 5:23:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Cold or low smoke in 3/4" slices is how I do it. I have a Big Kahuna cold smoke generator, that can be added to most chambers.  I use it with my grill set at 225F quite often, to add additional smoke, which I find necessary on hot days.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 9:16:06 PM EDT
[#7]
Either way baste several times with bbq sauce.
Link Posted: 6/27/2022 11:20:19 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Either way baste several times with bbq sauce.
View Quote

Next one I do will absolutely have bbq sauce on it!
Link Posted: 6/28/2022 11:46:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Nevermind this ain't GD

Damn smoked bologna is good eats but haven't made it
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top