Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/17/2018 5:38:03 PM EDT
Will a model 27 rear sight work on a 629-1. They are both are 1.98 center to center on the screws.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 5:48:33 PM EDT
[#1]
I believe that it should.  The blade height could be different, so you should be sure that.  It will change the sight picture if different.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:21:05 PM EDT
[#2]
If you are replacing just the sight blade, yes the sight blade will fit. If you are replacing the rear sight assembly, well the assembly might fight as long as both have the same type of rear leaf (later models used a leaf with a rounded front end, older have a square end) but the Model 27 should have a checkered rear leaf while the 629 will most likely have a six groove rear leaf.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 6:51:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Both have the square type I can always change the blade.
Link Posted: 8/17/2018 8:19:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Have not looked in a while but Brownells used to have a fairly complete listing of sight parts for S&W guns and several times I have compared part numbers to see which stuff can be swapped from gun to gun
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top