Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/5/2021 3:19:52 PM EDT
If you wanted a smart board in a conference room like teachers have in school classrooms, where would you even start? I'm thinking something 55" or larger, and I'd like to be able to connect a laptop to it for use as a display as well.

I found this and this, but I don't know what's good and what's junk.
Link Posted: 2/5/2021 3:56:51 PM EDT
[#1]
We have been happy with the smart brand smart boards

https://www.smarttech.com/en/products/business-displays/smart-board-pro-7000r
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:43:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Smart Boards are the most intuitive and easiest to use in my experience, but Promethian and others also work
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:52:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I present 2-4 times a week. They are a waste of time and money.  

Are you there to entertain or inform? Adding flash or complicated things to your presentations is most often wasteful of your time.

I have used smart boards and have a silver star in PowerPoint.

Save you company money. Get quality projectors and ensure the people presenting have their shit together.

Flashy will get you tossed out of most briefs in my world. O7+ don’t have time for that.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Damn those make Smart Boards look economical
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 4:59:16 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
I present 2-4 times a week. They are a waste of time and money.  

Are you there to entertain or inform? Adding flash or complicated things to your presentations is most often wasteful of your time.

I have used smart boards and have a silver star in PowerPoint.

Save you company money. Get quality projectors and ensure the people presenting have their shit together.

Flashy will get you tossed out of most briefs in my world. O7+ don’t have time for that.
View Quote

Everyone loves to be read power point slides
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 5:56:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Everyone loves to be read power point slides
View Quote

If you read the slides to your audience you are an idiot.  Note, I stated the briefers had to have their shit together.
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 6:13:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

If you read the slides to your audience you are an idiot.  Note, I stated the briefers had had to have their shit together.
View Quote

I've seen plenty of folks being idiots for sure.  I do software training and usually have interactive displays to use, but for just straight up presentations a clicker and wireless mouse will get er done fine.  

Honestly most interactive displays are like a clicker and whiteboard
Link Posted: 2/6/2021 11:48:33 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

I'm also interested in having someone else pay for them.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:42:22 AM EDT
[#10]
After lots of reading and thinking about what I would use it for, I’m starting to think a simple flatscreen TV used as a display screen and connected to a laptop would do everything I need it to.
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 8:47:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 2/7/2021 9:11:51 AM EDT
[#12]
Having used plenty of smart boards I recommend a good projector and a projection capable dry erase white board.
This does what you need for a heck of a lot less money.

smart boards suck.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top