Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/15/2018 6:29:22 PM EDT
A small town Facebook page posted an officer with and AT-4 shell posted on a 45 zone 'enforcing' the speed limit.

Small towns can get away with stuff like this a lot easier than big cities.

Attachment Attached File

Presently I live in a place that was once had a small town department but has grown pretty fast.

They don't have the sense of humor they used to and what's worse is they lost the rapport they used to have with the guy on the street.

=68.ARBLW267l0mlEDSprCbuxuNdE92vwsvqQf8dzHyl2JOPtogazBDKxOd1ToRFL8DxSOmHrNn5rLmoLSfIgT9cVO1qTkGiM0chxecGsQkWtq-YsR8qxIJXAkZbxQKmCGX6IbFOuDj-TtRyHGz1LIoDTWt-qd9rucZ5D8Bi0YySVqVO7KU_T91ly_vKpk2rrcITpkkpLt1L4mQ4X39gbsf6M2hej_iPla2dh-F0oGmjxFERNRiV0fIjRIJ0DHAKPkVvHm9Ih6qBC7SpvnUZqUCQVJ9g4XqtRXM9P0eUXDd3H6SXEOF5Mi-1daOn67UODUTH6ZJ0fVLkZCewbNGKTw&__tn__=k*F&tn-str=k*F]Loretto FB page. Dig down several posts
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:34:00 PM EDT
[#1]
small town only way to go
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:38:27 PM EDT
[#2]
We did this thread earlier and the people in the town were not happy about it on social media.

I think it's pretty damn funny.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:51:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
small town only way to go
View Quote
Non LEO here but I agree 100%.

Our town department has grown exponentially and I really miss the rapport the guys had with us (fellow) working stiffs years ago.

When I stuffed a mannequin in the trash head first with the legs sticking out wearing fishnets and heels and sat on the porch waiting the cruiser drove up, shook the mannequin's leg and shouted "You asshole!"

We both shared a laugh. I also knew that man would have taken a bullet for me.

ETA I would have taken a bullet for HIM.

Not any more.

It's sad, really.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 6:52:17 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
We did this thread earlier and the people in the town were not happy about it on social media.

I think it's pretty damn funny.
View Quote
It isn't funny. It's hilarious.
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 10:50:45 AM EDT
[#5]
I grew up in a small college town where the city cops were ultra bored during the summer. Campus police took care of the Sumer students and the town population was down by 30%. Summers there were dead. One night out doing nothing with a group of guys in all our mustangs and camaros we were in the grocery store parking lot and two squads pull in. Apparently one of the idiots we hung with had flipped off or yelled something at one of the squads earlier that day. Dudes came out puffed up and asked if we had a problem and wanted to settle it. I had my prep school buddy with me that night from out of town and his eyes were huge. He still tells the story about the cops wanting to fight us lol
Link Posted: 12/18/2018 11:00:15 AM EDT
[#6]
I interviewed with a couple of bigger agencies thirty years ago. No way I'd work in a big city in today's political climate
Link Posted: 12/19/2018 11:46:12 AM EDT
[#7]
IMHO, after 30 years on the Chicago Police Dept. Just not having a very aggressive internal affairs division, would be a blessing.
Link Posted: 12/23/2018 7:15:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
IMHO, after 30 years on the Chicago Police Dept. Just not having a very aggressive internal affairs division, would be a blessing.
View Quote
Head hunters.

One of the things I have often said is that there ought to be a review board of some type. NOT to judge the actions of a good working cop made under pressure, but to keep good cops from being thrown to the wolves by politically minded supervisors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top