Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 5/14/2022 1:56:20 PM EDT

Wavy Boats is live
?? LIVE PLANE CRASHED INTO CAR AT HAULOVER!! HAULOVER BOATS AT HAULOVER INLET ! | WAVY BOATS
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:05:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Trying to land or trying to fly under bridge?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:06:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Poor SUV driver and any passengers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:07:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Looks like they were trying to land on the bridge and hit a red minivan/SUV
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:24:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like they were trying to land on the bridge and hit a red minivan/SUV
View Quote

Murder or attempt of...
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm under that bridge frequently.

PLANE CRASHED INTO CAR AT HAULOVER INLET BRIDGE!! BREAKING NEWS | BOAT ZONE
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:40:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Looks like a 182 or a 206. My level of concern just dropped.

Never less prayers for the victims.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:42:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:49:20 PM EDT
[#9]
Looks like the prop wasn't turning at all on impact.  

I am hoping everyone got out.. But the reactions of the people seem to indicate otherwise.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:57:35 PM EDT
[#10]
Glad to see some people ran to help but that was followed by dips shits with their phones.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:02:59 PM EDT
[#11]
It's amazing anyone made it out of that
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:04:37 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Looks like the prop wasn't turning at all on impact.  

I am hoping everyone got out.. But the reactions of the people seem to indicate otherwise.
View Quote

Looks like the fan quit for good just above 1000 feet, also looks like the problem started just after taking off.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:05:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Dang, the drone vid..
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:06:10 PM EDT
[#14]
According to the FAA:

“A single-engine Cessna 172 lost engine power and landed on the Haulover Inlet Bridge on Route A1A in Miami around 1 p.m. local time today, striking a vehicle while landing. There were three people onboard. The aircraft departed from Fort Lauderdale International Airport with a planned destination of Key West International Airport.

https://miami.cbslocal.com/2022/05/14/small-plane-crashh-haulover-inlet-bridge-six-injured/
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:09:14 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:10:03 PM EDT
[#16]
With all of the open water around i think that pilot made the wrong choice putting it into a van
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:17:34 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'm under that bridge frequently.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bl9pVf7NxgM
View Quote

You can see an injured person laying on his right side in that video. I wonder if he was from the suv or the plane.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:20:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Glad to see some people ran to help but that was followed by dips shits with their phones.
View Quote

At some point, that's all you can do, broseph.

But yeah, I share your sentiment for the most part.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:22:46 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:27:02 PM EDT
[#20]
Upside down and on fire. I hope the people in the plane got out somehow.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:33:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Miami-Dade Fire Rescue reports a total of six patients are being treated. Two of them have serious injuries.
View Quote

Not the worst of it.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:33:22 PM EDT
[#22]
I like the videos with girls in thongs falling off boats better. Hope everyone recovers.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:41:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:50:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
With all of the open water around i think that pilot made the wrong choice putting it into a van
View Quote

Water has to be pretty dicey. It's a lose lose at that point. Do you think the water is safer?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:54:42 PM EDT
[#25]
There should be ATC conversation recorded that will be released shortly.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:56:17 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Water has to be pretty dicey. It's a lose lose at that point. Do you think the water is safer?
View Quote

Water in a fixed gear is a terrible choice unless it’s the only choice.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#27]
Looked like only two made it out of the plane.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:08:26 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

If the bridge was the planned emergency landing spot that could have been a very bad idea.  Plenty of water around.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:09:31 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

As long as you avoid boats/swimmers then likely less risk to innocent people on the ground.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:16:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Trying to land or trying to fly under bridge?
View Quote

Does not look like he ran out of fuel.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:19:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

As long as you avoid boats/swimmers then likely less risk to innocent people on the ground.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I lose the engine my goal isn't to avoid any risk on the ground.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:23:21 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Putting it in the water is a high risk gamble, then you have to get out and swim. At least van driver had an opportunity to swerve.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:24:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Was on my way to the Bal Harbor mall on the south side of that bridge and the 123rd St causeway was jammed packed.

We’ll try tomorrow.

Chris
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:28:55 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
There should be ATC conversation recorded that will be released shortly.
View Quote

From LiveATC, starting about seven minutes in.

https://archive.liveatc.net/khwo/KHWO2-Twr-May-14-2022-1630Z.mp3
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:29:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Putting it in the water is a high risk gamble, then you have to get out and swim. At least van driver had an opportunity to swerve.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sure the van driver felt that swerving was the only option with an aircraft covering 2/3rds of the roadway while barreling in at 90 mph.  That’s assuming they noticed the plane with time to react
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:42:10 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

You can see an injured person laying on his right side in that video. I wonder if he was from the suv or the plane.
View Quote

one video showed him getting out of the plane about 30 sec before it ignited.  EMS did not seem to be in much of a hurry to provide him any aid.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:46:12 PM EDT
[#37]
Isn't there a large beach nearby they could land on?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:47:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Isn't there a large beach nearby they could land on?
View Quote

I think there are people on the beach
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 4:47:42 PM EDT
[#39]
Gravity always wins
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:08:15 PM EDT
[#40]
Unfortunately a controller friend of mine was on board and didn’t make it.

Sucks big time, we were just talking the other week.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:16:44 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

Sorry to hear that….
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:18:04 PM EDT
[#42]
Sad news. RIP to those that did not make it and prayers for those recovering.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:26:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View Quote

Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:29:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

Just saw it on the NATCA FB page. Sorry for the loss of your friend.

NATCA is shocked and extremely saddened to report the passing of veteran Miami Airport Traffic Control Tower (ATCT, MIA) controller and devoted Union member Narciso Torres, who was aboard a single-engine Cessna 172 that crash-landed Saturday on the Haulover Inlet Bridge north of Miami Beach, Fla.

Torres served as NATCA’s local facility representative at MIA since Oct. 1, 2019 and worked as an air traffic controller at MIA since June 2015. He began his FAA career in May 2008 at Orlando International ATCT (MCO), transferred to New York Terminal Radar Approach Control (TRACON, N90) for one year in 2010, and returned to MCO in July 2011, where he served as the NATCA Facility Representative from January 2013 to May 2015.

“This is a terrible tragedy that has sent shock waves throughout our NATCA family,” NATCA President Rich Santa said. “Our hearts go out to Narciso’s wife, Jennifer, his entire family, and the many fellow Union brothers and sisters that loved him so much and are now dealing with an unspeakable loss. Narciso touched so many people with his warmth and kindness, both within NATCA, in the facilities he worked, and in every interaction he had. He gave so much of his time to representing his members at MIA, and before that at MCO, and worked extremely hard on behalf of this Union to improve the working conditions of all controllers and improve the safety of the National Airspace System.

“Like so many thousands of our members, Narciso had such a deep love of all things aviation, and of flying, as evidenced by this flight on a beautiful South Florida day where he was doing what he loved. This loss hurts so deeply. Narciso will never be forgotten.”
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:34:13 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Zero fucks give for the pilot who endangered so many people when he still had a good chance with the water. I'll save my prayers for the passengers of the van and plane.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:41:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Zero fucks give for the pilot who endangered so many people when he still had a good chance with the water. I'll save my prayers for the passengers of the van and plane.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not going to second guess the pilot but the water in that area is very high-traffic and if you put down successfully, you'd likely have assistance very quickly.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:42:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

Very sorry for your loss.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Not going to second guess the pilot but the water in that area is very high-traffic and if you put down successfully, you'd likely have assistance very quickly.
View Quote

It's also very rough water.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:45:23 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

It's also very rough water.
View Quote
The inlet sure, is the bay rough?
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 7:46:01 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

Putting a fixed gear plane in the water almost certainly means flipping it over. Possibly being unconscious and usually untrained to get out of a submerging aircraft upside down is a great way to die. I’d put a fixed gear on a beach or road before the water. All options suck.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top