Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/31/2020 12:53:47 AM EDT

At 9pm. I've set the series to record.

Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:27:21 AM EDT
[#1]
Couldn't find it to purchase on prime. Hopefully it turns out better than some of the other shows that yank your chain for a few seasons with nothing more than the same few narrator phrases.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:49:37 AM EDT
[#2]
We will see something spectacular in episode 87.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 6:50:49 AM EDT
[#3]
Two hours should be max to tell you everything they know.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:43:27 PM EDT
[#4]
So far it looks like it could be good.
Link Posted: 3/31/2020 10:54:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
So far it looks like it could be good.
View Quote

I'm going to watch it later.
Link Posted: 4/1/2020 6:42:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Well, I watched the first episode.  I've read Hunt for the Skinwalker, so I have some familiarity with the story.  

There's some weirdness here, but mostly I'm getting it from the guy who owns Skinwalker Ranch now.  

And the guy in charge of security for the ranch goes by "Dragon?"

The episode ending with a cliffhanger was annoying.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 4:31:34 PM EDT
[#7]
I watched it, but really came away thinking it was the worst traits of "Oak island" and " ghost adventures" mixed together.
Sure enough, the "scientist" wants to dig.
Get the big drill rig out there and just get it over with.
Regardless of the legend or any actual phenomena the show promises to be another 5 or 10 season of nothing.
It's off my watch list already.
Link Posted: 4/4/2020 4:30:12 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm not giving up just yet.

But I'm prepared for disappointment.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 4:10:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Exactly this. I'll give it a watch but my hopes are not high for this show.
Link Posted: 4/7/2020 10:33:37 PM EDT
[#10]
Second episode of more disappointing results..

I like how shotgun security guy stands right in the middle of everyone.. Dressed in 80's SWAT attire no less..
Link Posted: 4/8/2020 12:58:22 AM EDT
[#11]
What's in the case?

An alien artifact?

A skinwalker  skull?

Marcellus Wallace's soul?

No. It's a fucking  magnet.

Can't dig a hole cuz magnets.

That's time I'll never get back.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 5:32:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Since I'm often sort of awake in the wee hours, I catch this and other (Ancient Aliens for instance) sometimes as it recycles on broadcast.
It just keeps going like to same formula followed on all the other silly shows.
Disappointing.
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 5:34:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Originally Posted By KC-130 FLT ENG:
What's in the case?

An alien artifact?

A skinwalker  skull?

Marcellus Wallace's soul?

No. It's a fucking  magnet.

Can't dig a hole cuz magnets.

That's time I'll never get back.
View Quote

I keep waiting for the voiceover guy to get confused and say "a box... on Oak Island?"
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 7:34:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Since I'm often sort of awake in the wee hours, I catch this and other (Ancient Aliens for instance) sometimes as it recycles on broadcast.
Disappointing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Disappointing.

According to the end credits, they have three writers on this show.  I should check and see if they write the other "reality" shows.

It's pretty cheesy, and the guys aren't very good "actors".  But, the source material is interesting....so I'll keep watching for now.

Link Posted: 4/14/2020 10:29:41 PM EDT
[#15]
Have y'all realized yet that Dr Travis Taylor is the Rocket City Rednecks guy from years back on History? I knew I recognized him as soon as I saw him. That show was kind of interesting if a little dumb.

I've been home from work the last month and have jumped down the Skinwalker rabbit hole. Some crazy claims have come from that place so far and I'd like to see something come out of this, but History channel is a joke. Unforunately, if they did find anything, they'd make you wait a decade to find out so they could draw it out for ratings.

Also, any chance you guys subscribed to History will keep this going with any useful info that actually makes it out?
Link Posted: 4/14/2020 11:11:12 PM EDT
[#16]
I was severely disappointed in the show after only watching two episodes.  It was overly scripted to the extent it seemed like a low budget movie.  Like the boardroom scene where Travis Taylor acts like he hasn't heard of the history of Skinwalker Ranch.  And that lame attempt at spiking ratings with that stupid line by Travis Taylor feeling some type of shaking while he was standing between the rocks (that no one else felt).  And the hyped up detector readings...did you catch that they said parts per BILLION and not million?  And to top it off, do they need to have the guys decked in black with the AR and 12 gauge acting like something will break out without warning. Apparently their budget didn't include slings for the guns.  And that budget Home Depot digital lock to secure their top secret war room?  I'm guessing the "security" guy Dragon has zero LE or executive protection experience and looks like something out of a cheesy straight to video action movie.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 12:17:31 AM EDT
[#17]
I don't know if y'all have seen it, but "The Hunt For Skinwalker" doc that Corbell and Knapp did has all of these guys in it, albeit it in much more normal circumstances without the BS of the show.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 10:09:10 AM EDT
[#18]
I attempted to watch last night's episode, but fell asleep in my chair.
Apparently nothing exciting was happening.
Link Posted: 4/15/2020 8:58:10 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I attempted to watch last night's episode, but fell asleep in my chair.
Apparently nothing exciting was happening.
View Quote

Watching now..
Link Posted: 4/16/2020 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Watching now..
View Quote

Was it so predictable you died of boredom?
Link Posted: 4/18/2020 8:38:38 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watching now..

I'm reserving judgment..

Link Posted: 4/22/2020 8:38:19 PM EDT
[#22]
Latest episode was worth watching. Something appears while they are filming and they capture gamma waves on a sensor
Link Posted: 4/24/2020 9:36:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Have to go with, it's interesting with some added in.
Link Posted: 5/3/2020 8:25:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Originally Posted By crazytuco:
Well, I watched the first episode.  I've read Hunt for the Skinwalker, so I have some familiarity with the story.  

There's some weirdness here, but mostly I'm getting it from the guy who owns Skinwalker Ranch now.  

And the guy in charge of security for the ranch goes by "Dragon?"

The episode ending with a cliffhanger was annoying.
View Quote

Hahahahaaha. Ya "Dragon" real tough operator he is. Find it all too funny.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:14:23 AM EDT
[#25]
That dude Dragon is a wannabe something.I can not see him protecting a shit house.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 2:53:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Dragon is just unwatchable
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 9:07:23 AM EDT
[#27]
It follows the same blueprint as the other "Prometheus" based shows. Lots of theories about an intriguing premise and/or legend. Investigation yields clues that lead to other clues. It's like National Treasure, except they are series. Although in National Treasure, they do eventually do find the treasure. It's not the endless tease. Ancient Aliens seems to be able to pull it off the best because they are looking for evidence, which they seem to find.  

Link Posted: 5/20/2020 12:52:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
That dude Dragon is a wannabe something.I can not see him protecting a shit house.
View Quote
The scenes where he's stumbling around with a shotgun in his hands is laughable.  He needs to do a few night hunts and figure out that they probably have a cat problem on the ranch since coyotes are noisy as hell and that doesn't seem to be the case.  Can a big cat drive cattle like on last night's episode?  I'm assuming the cow that was down got that way because something was running it in the pasture?  I know a few hobos who are former HSLD types that could run rings around Dragon for a place to crash and a bottle of cheap booze.  

They need to get their asses up on that mesa and see what's happening.  They should take prodigious quantities of peyote and bottle rockets with them.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 1:19:08 PM EDT
[#29]
It's rather derpy, but I'm enjoying it because the legends around the ranch intrigue me.  

I'm 1 episode behind.

I just watched the one where the alpaca was attacked by what I assume were feral dogs. The ranch manager man and woman should have been armed.
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 10:39:13 PM EDT
[#30]
We expected derp. We were rewarded. But, I'm still watching
Link Posted: 5/20/2020 11:11:08 PM EDT
[#31]
This show would be way better if it was shot like a documentary rather than a cheesy over-dramatized reality TV show.
Link Posted: 5/21/2020 12:11:44 AM EDT
[#32]
Linda Moulton Howe..

Link Posted: 6/26/2020 10:17:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Haven't seen the show that this thread is about, but I'm about halfway through the "Hunt for the Skinwalker" documentary on Hulu right now.

Interesting stuff. Even for a skeptic like me. I guess I'll have to check out the TV show now, too.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 7:18:44 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Haven't seen the show that this thread is about, but I'm about halfway through the "Hunt for the Skinwalker" documentary on Hulu right now.

Interesting stuff. Even for a skeptic like me. I guess I'll have to check out the TV show now, too.
View Quote

How's the documentary?
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 9:10:21 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

How's the documentary?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's the documentary?

It was OK. I was hoping for more about skinwalkers, given the title. But UFOs seemed to be the main story. Still interesting.
Link Posted: 6/27/2020 10:21:08 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

It was OK. I was hoping for more about skinwalkers, given the title. But UFOs seemed to be the main story. Still interesting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

How's the documentary?

Not surprising. Thanks.
Link Posted: 6/28/2020 12:51:53 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

Read "Hunt For The Skinwalker" by Knapp and Kelleher.
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:24:38 AM EDT
[#38]
Anybody continue watching the History series? Anything of note happen or anything found?
Link Posted: 9/2/2020 10:07:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Anybody continue watching the History series? Anything of note happen or anything found?
View Quote

You will likely have to wait until next season for a teaser and the following season for the "find".
Link Posted: 9/3/2020 9:33:41 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

You will likely have to wait until next season for a teaser and the following season for the "find".
View Quote

That's why I'm asking here. I can't stand that type of television. History/Discovery have cornered the market on bullshit television the way they cut/edit/drag shit out.
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 9:25:28 PM EDT
[#41]
Thread bump for S2
Link Posted: 5/16/2021 10:56:58 PM EDT
[#42]
That whole show is contrived, badly scripted and downright laughable.  

"Dragon" is an idiot and the show revolves around over hyped events where nothing happens.

I had recorded it and it was so awful, I couldn't get through it.

Deleted it and will ignore.
Link Posted: 5/18/2021 10:00:03 AM EDT
[#43]
All of those shows are little more than The Big Tease.
Link Posted: 6/5/2021 3:45:40 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Thread bump for S2
View Quote

There's a second season?
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:47:04 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

There's a second season?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Thread bump for S2

There's a second season?

Ha
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 1:40:43 AM EDT
[#46]
I love the show. Have been following the Skin Walker Ranch story since the early 1990's when I lived in Utah. I'm guessing it is some type of interdimensional portal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 9:47:00 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I love the show. Have been following the Skin Walker Ranch story since the early 1990's when I lived in Utah. I'm guessing it is some type of interdimensional portal.
View Quote

Seems that way, however, these guys never quite finish a full dig or anything.. that tiny excavator, wtf, lol..
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Seems that way, however, these guys never quite finish a full dig or anything.. that tiny excavator, wtf, lol..
View Quote
That drilling machine was no joke, though.  

Spoiler tag in case anyone reading this hasn't seen this week's episode:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:50:53 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Yes, but aren't all modern things of the earth?

People talk of "synthetic" drugs, oil/fuel etc.. man made. They're from this planet, no?

Maybe not..?

Rabbit holes are where you find them. And I am NOT making fun on your expense.

So many questions, very few answers. The answers that bubble to the top, burst forth only more questions.

Knowing everything would be cool, but it would suck too
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 9:19:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When you realize the show was created by the same group that did Curse of Oak Island, it explains so much.

They'll continue to do just enough to string it along without reaching any sort of conclusion.  The Oak Island clowns always dig one hole and decide "Nope, no gold here.  Let's try the opposite side of the island."  It's obvious they're not actually trying to find anything but they're sure making the drilling and excavation companies rich.

Last night's episode of Skinwalker Ranch was interesting, IF they didn't just fake the UFO video.  I don't trust a damn thing on that show and it all started with Fugal's terrible acting and the presence of a rent-a-cop called "Dragon".  The ongoing bullshit of "there's something moving over there!" with nothing actually caught on camera certainly doesn't help the show's credibility.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top