BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Site Update Mar 15th (Page 2 of 2)
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 4/9/2019 7:28:04 PM EDT
[#1]
Does anyone ever check the NRA thread?  I know there are a few of us waiting for our NRA icon.
Link Posted: 4/21/2019 11:58:15 AM EDT
[#2]
Anyone else having a problem with the "green arrow"? When I click on it instead of going to the last unread post it will go to the last post. Then I have to scroll up to find the last post I actually read. I know, first world problem but it is becoming annoying.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:59:41 AM EDT
[Last Edit: DaTrueDave] [#3]
Is there someplace that we can see all of the available icons?

I always hear about them long after they've been implemented, and I'd like to sport my flair as soon as possible.  
Link Posted: 5/13/2019 9:49:10 PM EDT
[Last Edit: PDX17] [#4]
Doesn't seem likely the "Powers That Be" are doing so. Submitted my icon upgrade request email twice over the last couple months. Have heard nothing so far.

(In reply to r0ttie1)
Link Posted: 5/14/2019 7:16:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Did something change with whole Avant link thing the site auto-injects into some vendor links posted here. Now it just hangs at the Avant URL and doesn't load or take me to the actual site linked to.

I'm seeing others report the same issue.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 12:44:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:
Did something change with whole Avant link thing the site auto-injects into some vendor links posted here. Now it just hangs at the Avant URL and doesn't load or take me to the actual site linked to.

View Quote
Adblocker, pihole, etc? Avantlink will be blocked on a lot of them. Have to add an exception or whitelist.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 6:17:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By davisac:
Adblocker, pihole, etc? Avantlink will be blocked on a lot of them. Have to add an exception or whitelist.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By NY_Shooter:

I have a system wide ad blocker on my phone (which is how I do 100% of my surfing here). But it never used to be a problem. Nothing has changed on my end, and with other people reporting the same issue starting around the same time, I was assuming it was a change on the site's end. I can't whitelist websites, AFAIK, since it's a system wide ad blocker. I can only whitelist whole apps, and I don't want to whitelist my browser app. Because then no ads will be blocked on any websites.
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 10:36:49 AM EDT
[Last Edit: davisac] [#8]
Seems like either a commonly used blocklist got updated to include avantlink or like you said a site change to how it's handled. I've always had to whitelist avantlink for it to work but if it was previously working for you I'd lean towards site change. Hopefully Goatboy can clarify.

Out of curiosity which adblocker is it?
Link Posted: 5/16/2019 11:18:08 AM EDT
[Last Edit: Half-Breed] [#9]
Seems like either a commonly used blocklist got updated to include avantlink or like you said a site change to how it's handled. I've always had to whitelist avantlink for it to work but if it was previously working for you I'd lean towards site change. Hopefully Goatboy can clarify.

Out of curiosity which adblocker is it?
View Quote
Disconnect Pro on my Note 8.

It's technically just a tracker blocker, but it blocks most ads, too.
Page / 2
Next Page Arrow Left
Site Update Mar 15th (Page 2 of 2)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top