Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 2/23/2018 5:21:58 PM EDT
Another to add to my ban list.

A Boston-based home security company co-founded by the chief financial officer of Boston Public Schools has cut its ties to the National Rifle Association amid fierce pushback among parents and gun control activists.

Link
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:22:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Fuck!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:23:26 PM EDT
[#2]
SimpliFuckoff.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:24:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Doesn’t every conservative radio host have their commercials?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:25:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
That was my first thought.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll let them know why i cancelled my service.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:25:49 PM EDT
[#6]
The 'anti bullying' crew sure can dish it out!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:26:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote
They used to, I don't get why these companies take sides lay low and it will pass.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:27:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
yeah.  Wondering how dude's like Levin and Wilkow are going to respond to that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:28:22 PM EDT
[#9]
No big deal.  Friend tried them.  They sucked so bad he sent their shit back and got a refund.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
SimpliFuckoff.
View Quote
This.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:31:09 PM EDT
[#11]
I think they pulled all their conservative radio advertising just before the shooting or sometime around then.  Used to hear them alot on mark levin, steven crowder, and other places.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:32:36 PM EDT
[#12]
We need to ask them why they want bad guys to be able to steal guns and cause trouble.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:37:25 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm not surprised. Our inability to effectively boycott has us powerless in the market place. Siding with the progressives only makes sense when you know that they will effectively boycott you and if you anger conservatives all you have to worry about is an ineffective short boycott before things go back to normal.

The NFL boycott was about the worst thing to possibly happen to us. It showed that while conservatives might dump you they'll mostly be back in few months and all it takes is a couple of cheap patriotic ploys like inviting Medal of Honor recipients to a game and trotting them out like ponies to do it. The NFL threads here made it clear that conservatives are unable to work together and accomplish something. Some will say but the NFL boycott worked, ratings were down. So what, they clearly weren't down anywhere near enough to change anything.

It has become quite clear to businesses that if you piss off conservatives you lose a little but if you piss off liberals they will boycott the hell out of you. Businesses would have to be retarded to not pick the one that results in the least lost business.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:39:34 PM EDT
[#14]
Rush and Hannity will surely drop them!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:42:44 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
The left has long gone after conservative talk radio advertising with threats of boycotts. That is why the commercials are so repetitive. They would love more variety and hence higher commercial costs but the left has businesses scared to advertise with them. It really is amazing all the different ways the left uses to shut out dissenting opinion. It is quite hypocritical of them to say everyone deserves a voice and then work behind the scenes to cut off every voice the right has but they have never let morals get in the way of pushing their agenda.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:50:01 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:53:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Yep they can SimpliFuckoff.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 5:55:55 PM EDT
[#18]
This SimpliSucks! They just came out with their new generation equipment. Now I have to look elsewhere.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:43:06 PM EDT
[#19]
I was seriously thing about buying, but not no more.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I'm not surprised. Our inability to effectively boycott has us powerless in the market place. Siding with the progressives only makes sense when you know that they will effectively boycott you and if you anger conservatives all you have to worry about is an ineffective short boycott before things go back to normal.

The NFL boycott was about the worst thing to possibly happen to us. It showed that while conservatives might dump you they'll mostly be back in few months and all it takes is a couple of cheap patriotic ploys like inviting Medal of Honor recipients to a game and trotting them out like ponies to do it. The NFL threads here made it clear that conservatives are unable to work together and accomplish something. Some will say but the NFL boycott worked, ratings were down. So what, they clearly weren't down anywhere near enough to change anything.

It has become quite clear to businesses that if you piss off conservatives you lose a little but if you piss off liberals they will boycott the hell out of you. Businesses would have to be retarded to not pick the one that results in the least lost business.
View Quote
I don't see things the same way you do at all.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:47:23 PM EDT
[#21]
Rush needs to drop them.  As does every other conservative media outlet.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:51:04 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
No big deal.  Friend tried them.  They sucked so bad he sent their shit back and got a refund.
View Quote
Yep. This was my experience as well. Complete garbage. I couldn't get the base station to sync. Read about it online, tried all the fixes, realized it was extremely common, told them to take their shit and FOAD.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:52:52 PM EDT
[#23]
Buh bye
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
Just heard their commercial on the radio while Hannity was on about 20 minutes ago.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:53:25 PM EDT
[#25]
Isn't this the company where the founder put his SSN on one of those billboard trucks driving around, daring some identity thieves to hack his shit...

and then his shit got hacked, bigly?

LOL. Fuck that guy, and fuck that company.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:57:45 PM EDT
[#26]
damn....I just installed one of their systems in the house.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 6:58:31 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

yeah.  Wondering how dude's like Levin and Wilkow are going to respond to that.
View Quote
I wouldn’t doubt that Wilkow will drop them, he’s pretty absolute on the 2A.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:02:30 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
This SimpliSucks! They just came out with their new generation equipment. Now I have to look elsewhere.
View Quote
Let us know what you find.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:03:31 PM EDT
[#29]
They own lifelock as well I believe
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:04:09 PM EDT
[#30]
I’m calling to cancel right now. Call volume is WAY up.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:05:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Rush and Hannity will surely drop them!
View Quote
No doubt, they F'd up!
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:15:04 PM EDT
[#32]
Here is my email to them.

I have recently heard that you were cutting ties to the NRA. I have enjoyed your service over the past year
and was looking forward to adding a system to my business, however, now I must re-think that decision.
I may also be contacting you Monday to cancel my service at my residence.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:15:41 PM EDT
[#33]
Howie Carr just aired an ad so they are still active.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:19:52 PM EDT
[#34]
Have researched security systems during the last month and received information from Simplisafe.

Just sent them an email advising that I will now be spending my money elsewhere as a result of Simplisafe severing ties with the NRA.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:23:00 PM EDT
[#35]
I was unaware they were affiliated with the NRA discount program.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:26:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Simplisafe Guy: Why are all of you calling and saying you’re from the NRA?

He said that’s all the calls he is getting, call after call.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:39:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I got a system for my mom two years ago and both the product and service have been stellar. The monitoring service operators are all native English speakers; all speak clean, proper English, and they’re not script reading, emotionless robots - if there’s a false alarm or issue, they are cool about it and don’t just read off a script.
The product has been flawless minus one CO2 detector that would continuously do the super annoying low battery beep, regardless of the health of the battery, which they happily and quickly replaced without hassle. The other sensors have worked as promised, the glassbreak sensors are a bit sensitive and will go off if two glasses clink just the right way, but all of the other sensors have been perfect.
I just recently saw they have a new system coming out and it looks like a much sleeker unit, with some updated features - except IFTTT, which has been my one gripe, as the rest of the house is automated.

I obviously don’t like their stance with this, but the product works well, my mom is comfortable with how to use it, it keeps her safe, and that’s what I pay them for; I don’t pay them for their political or 2A views. If I stopped using every product from or boycotting every company that caved to anti-gun SJW pressure, my house wouldn’t have much more than beanie babies, gold coins, a MyPillow, some smooth-glide catheters, and a reverse mortgage.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#38]
I had to hold for like 20 mins...but my service has ended
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:44:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 7:44:55 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Another to add to my ban list.

A Boston-based home security company co-founded by the chief financial officer of Boston Public Schools has cut its ties to the National Rifle Association amid fierce pushback among parents and gun control activists.

Link
View Quote
The fierce pushback is phony and created by a Podesta group.
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#41]
Email sent, lame.

What does arf use instead of simplisafe?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 8:33:16 PM EDT
[#42]
They need to know we're going to be like Pepperidge farm when all this shit dies down.

Pepperidge farm remembers...
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 8:36:54 PM EDT
[#43]
Let them eat shit...
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:12:51 PM EDT
[#44]
Anyone have any recommendations for a replacement system that is similar (can install myself, relatively cheap monitoring)?
Link Posted: 2/23/2018 9:16:27 PM EDT
[#45]
a SECURITY company is anti gun. Lol wtf man
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:56:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Canned response from Simplisafe in response to my email:

Hello,
Thank you for getting in touch to let us know your concerns. Home should be the safest place on earth. We respect your and every customer’s decision about how to keep your home and family safe. Our focus is on helping all Americans make their home safe with exceptional home security system at fair prices. We hope we can continue to help protect your home. We truly value you and your input and appreciate you taking the time to write us.
Best,
Tim P.

Keep flooding them with calls/complaints/emails.
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:57:22 AM EDT
[#47]
Glenn Beck is crying right now...
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 10:59:07 AM EDT
[#48]
a Bahstahn based company , im surprised they even associated with the NRA for so long.  Bahstahn tries hard to stay as progressive as NYC/LA/SF
Link Posted: 2/24/2018 11:16:30 AM EDT
[#49]
I just posted on their FB page. What a shitshow. They are a lot of disgruntled customers over there.
Link Posted: 2/25/2018 2:56:49 AM EDT
[#50]
There's currently a thread on their forum about the NRA.

https://simplisafe.com/forum/customer-support-forum/getting-simplisafe/nra#comment-2072534

Here's my post:

"I'm a combat veteran, a police officer of 20+ years, a lifetime NRA member, and a long time Simplisafe customer/subscriber. It's a shame Simplisafe has chosen so poorly in taking their anti-NRA stance.

I'll be dumping your product and service just as quickly as I can find an alternative and get it here. That's really annoying, but I won't be sending another dime to support you.

I'll be sure to let all of my friends and acquaintances know too. I've referred some folks over the years, and recommended your service online. That certainly ends right now. I'll be sure to make folks aware of Simplisafe's action."

OST for a suitable replacement for their service/system....
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top