Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/12/2021 12:26:04 PM EDT
Are the front wheels turning the differential while driving around in two wheel drive? 2013 Silverado LS 1500 with manual transfer case.

My truck got hit last week, nobody was hurt and if was his fault. He destroyed one of my tires so the spare is on the back. It is not my daily driver, but I would like to drive it a bit before it goes into the shop. I did drive it home with the spare which is like new vs the other three tires that have less than half of their tread. I was about to move the like new spare to the front so equal tires would be on the rear axle. But if the front hubs are engaged all the time then it may not help much.

I miss the old school manual hubs some time.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:07:43 PM EDT
[#1]
No, there is a disconnect in the front differential.
Link Posted: 1/12/2021 1:44:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, there is a disconnect in the front differential.
View Quote

Thanks.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top