Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/20/2021 11:54:02 PM EDT
Look at the new guidance coming out of the Air Force regarding the use of pronouns in the signature block.   I am so glad I am retired.

From the office of SAF/DI   Diversity and Inclusion.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/21/2021 3:55:09 PM EDT
[Last Edit: FighterFixer1] [#1]
I am so absolutely disgusted with this shit......

I'm not going to go into my usual rant about mental illness or make jokes about special snowflakes......just gonna shake my head and walk away.

MSgt FighterFixer1, USAF, Retired
Pronouns (asshole/bigot)
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:19:03 AM EDT
[Last Edit: TurtlesAlltheWayDown] [#2]
Break the wheel.  

Your signature block pronoun should be "I am a Lesbian Minotaur, my pronoun is scissor-heffer"

But seriously, pick something insane to highlight the laughable nature of the situation.
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 11:29:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/8/2022 5:16:14 PM EDT
[#4]
I’m retired from the Air Force and if I was still in I wouldn’t let this shit bother me.  It would help me identify the fuckheads easier so I knew who I was dealing with.  Before I would have to figure out who a turd was by actually having to speak to them, now a sig line in an email tells me all I need to know and avoid at all costs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#5]
The only time I can see adding pronouns that makes even the tiniest bit of sense would be if you have a name that is gender neutral. Like Stacie or Dale and you want people to know for sure if you're XX or XY.

HOWEVER, even that is very iffy for military. We all have gender neutral terms, in the Army, Air Force, and Marines we even have two!
First rank. Second for Army and Marines, "Soldier," "Marine," or "Sailor."
Even if you are addressing someone in the Air Force and don't want to risk someone freaking out for calling an E3 an AirMAN First Class, just say A1C Jones. I've no clue what the Navy would do for the Seaman ranks.

I do the same in my current civilian job. I will just use titles for most people.
Link Posted: 9/3/2022 11:56:42 PM EDT
[#6]
The only time I can see adding pronouns that makes even the tiniest bit of sense would be if you have a name that is gender neutral. Like Stacie or Dale.

However we all have gender neutral terms, in the Army, Air Force, and Marines we even have two!
First rank.
Second for Army and Marines, "Soldier," "Marine," or "Sailor."

Even if you are addressing someone in the Air Force and don't want to risk someone freaking out for calling an E3 an AirMAN First Class, just say A1C Jones. I've no clue what the Navy would do for the Seaman ranks.

I do the same in my current civilian job. I will just use titles for most people.
Link Posted: 9/7/2022 1:09:01 PM EDT
[#7]
'Fucker'
Gender neutral pronoun the Army has been using for over 200 years.
Link Posted: 9/13/2022 5:03:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By pscipio03:
'Fucker'
Gender neutral pronoun the Army has been using for over 200 years.
View Quote

This is the way.
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:08:58 PM EDT
[#9]
There's no amount of thought that will ever make this shit make sense.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:28:44 PM EDT
[#10]
At least it’s optional
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 9:53:39 PM EDT
[#11]
"Sire or Your Majesty"
Link Posted: 10/30/2022 10:57:45 PM EDT
[Last Edit: jos51700] [#12]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By Unicorn:
The only time I can see adding pronouns that makes even the tiniest bit of sense would be if you have a name that is gender neutral. Like Stacie or Dale and you want people to know for sure if you're XX or XY.

View Quote

An XX or XY is probably all that's required, and is actually probably the best way. Especially if someone can't use Mr. or Mrs. That's a great idea.

That said,

what if you identify as General, or Major?
Link Posted: 11/15/2022 8:32:32 PM EDT
[#13]
Working for the air force for 7 years now. Proud fucking Civilian. Or pfc.
I haven't seen this retardation on base yet. Hope I retire before it gets too crazy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top