Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/17/2021 2:37:51 PM EDT
Looking at these two pistols. Need a new carry piece since my daughter ended up getting my Shield.

Like the feel of the XL a bit better, and seems a bit easier to get a sight picture. But the 365 is a bit smaller and would carry slightly better. Just curious peoples thoughts.

Also, who makes the best AIWB holster for the 365/365XL?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:39:24 PM EDT
[#1]
This has my interest since I just ordered a 365 yesterday.

I am getting a holster with the package but I don't know if it will work or not.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:39:58 PM EDT
[#2]
The correct answer is both.

The 365 with the xl grip frame and tactical development 12 round mag floor plate.

The 365 xl with a 3moa mrds of your choice and the tactical dev rail with the subcompact light or your choice.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:40:26 PM EDT
[#3]
"i" before "e" except after "c".
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]
I used to be an “only Glock 19” carry guy.  The XL is absolutely amazing.  For a small gun the recoil is very manageable and it is just big enough that it will return to zero without massive amounts of effort, or regrouping after each shot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:50:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I used to be an "only Glock 19" carry guy.  The XL is absolutely amazing.  For a small gun the recoil is very manageable and it is just big enough that it will return to zero without massive amounts of effort, or regrouping after each shot.
View Quote
Yeah, my quick opinion from finger fucking was the XL would be easier to shoot and the 365 would be easier to carry.

Well, a carry gun is hopefulyl neevr used to actually defend, so it kind of makes sense to go with the more comfortable that way you dont mind carrying it. But, if you do need to use it.....The better shooting is definitely the one you want!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:50:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oh fuck good spot.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 2:57:06 PM EDT
[#7]
I am a g19 guy so for me the 365 was based on size.  If I'm just fing bigger I'll go g19.

I carry a 15 round reload and 10 in the gun.  Black point holster with the wings.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#8]
The xl, trigger is better out of the box, carries just as comfortably, enough grip for large hands without the need for the mag extension.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:05:28 PM EDT
[#9]
For front pocket carry, the 365 with standard mag is perfect.  Even the 12rd mag is workable in some pants.

I will say, the mags are really not what they are advertised.  A 10rd mag will technically hold 10 rounds.  But you have to put a lot of force on it to lock in.  And then pulling the slide back on a full mag is very difficult.  I consider every mag -1 from advertised.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:07:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Im running a 365 in an AIWB stealthgear ventcore and its the shit.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:10:52 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Yeah, my quick opinion from finger fucking was the XL would be easier to shoot and the 365 would be easier to carry.

Well, a carry gun is hopefulyl neevr used to actually defend, so it kind of makes sense to go with the more comfortable that way you dont mind carrying it. But, if you do need to use it.....The better shooting is definitely the one you want!
View Quote

Put the short grip on the xl upper. That’s what I did and love it. The long slide takes optics and you get the flat trigger. Then you can shoot short mags for concealment or longer ones when you don’t care.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:11:03 PM EDT
[#12]
As ARFCOM says, get both!

I love my 365 Tac Pac.

Got a few of the 15 rounders to supplement the packaged 12 rounders.

I'm really liking the Phobus, Paddle holster from Dicks, only $27 dollars!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:14:07 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Put the short grip on the xl upper. That's what I did and love it. The long slide takes optics and you get the flat trigger. Then you can shoot short mags for concealment or longer ones when you don't care.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/1D91FE5C-938D-42E3-B2EC-F1E92F4DDCCB_jpe-1783642.JPG
View Quote
Short grip? Did you mount the XL slide on the 365 frame?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:19:29 PM EDT
[#14]
I have both and carry both.

The XL appendix with a spare mag in cooler weather when more clothes make it disappear.

The regular in warm weather with shorts, etc.

If size matters, get the P365.

If you're ok with a slightly bigger gun, get the XL.

No matter what you get first, in the long run, you need both.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:19:42 PM EDT
[#15]
I have a 365SAS that I got strictly for support side appendix carry as a backup. I like it a lot, but a co worker has the 365XL, and if I was going to just have one gun, I think the XL is the way to go.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:21:06 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Put the short grip on the xl upper. That’s what I did and love it. The long slide takes optics and you get the flat trigger. Then you can shoot short mags for concealment or longer ones when you don’t care.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/455820/1D91FE5C-938D-42E3-B2EC-F1E92F4DDCCB_jpe-1783642.JPG
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting

will the short slide fit on the longer frame?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:21:07 PM EDT
[#17]
They both fill a trash can about the same.

Go hellcat. I've shot each of these guns, so in my personal opinion and with my hands, hellcat is the better choice by far. Plus you get that extra round and better customer service in the unlikely event you need it.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:21:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I have both, if I could only keep one it would be the standard 365.  It is simply a more versatile gun.  The XL sacrifices possibly the biggest advantage of the 365, it’s minuscule size.   The 365 is small enough to pocket carry in a pocket holster, but with a 12rd mag works well in an IWB holster.  I feel like once I get up to the XL, I would rather carry my PCR or a number of other “compact” class offerings.

On the other hand, I am thinking about gifting my XL to my mother when she retires in a couple months.  She has trouble operating the 365’s slide but has no such issues with the XL.  The thin grip is well suited to smaller hands.

-Mike
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:23:48 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

interesting

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

interesting

Yes
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:26:41 PM EDT
[#20]
Vedder light tuck for holster
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:30:10 PM EDT
[#21]
I went P365.  Not interested in the optics the XL is cut for.

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:31:42 PM EDT
[#22]
Just got my p365 tac pac this am. My dad has the same gun small size with safety.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:32:58 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Short grip? Did you mount the XL slide on the 365 frame?
View Quote

Yup
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:33:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

interesting

View Quote

Also yup
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:37:00 PM EDT
[#25]
P365 XL
Holosun 507k
Tactical Development Rail
Olight PL Mini 2
MCarbo Trigger Spring Kit
McKinatec Appendix Holster...

Thats right, I trust my life to Indian MIM, Chinese Electronics and California Kydex. It seems to work great though!

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:37:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:37:55 PM EDT
[#27]
I have both but if I could only have one I’d keep the XL. It’s the most accurate pistol I have and I have custom pistols.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:41:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Love my 365. I will end up with an XL w/red dot sometime this year.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:44:30 PM EDT
[#29]
XL, more real estate for your hand= better control.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 3:45:58 PM EDT
[#30]
Its a tough decision that depends on your personal choices and priorities. These are mine:

I use to think sight radius was important, but for a carry gun I realized it wasn't. When you consider your CCW is going to be a very fast draw, and youre more likely to point and shoot (not aim with sights), that slide length dont add a hill of beans for advantage. May as well choose the shorter slide.

Grip wise? I prefer the longer full grip guns. That way when I do grab for it under duress/adrenaline Im getting a positive handfull of gun. Not a few extra fingers grabbing belt or clothing because the guns grip doesnt have room for them.

My CCW favs are the p30, g19 and g17/21/20 in that order.

Now before you say: but the g19 is a compact grip! It fits my hands perfectly. The p30 and other glocks are just a slight bit longer but also work well. I think the g19x or g45 would be the perfect CCW glock wise.

Shit.....

Now I need a g45

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:03:59 PM EDT
[#31]
XL owner checking in.  Likes the slightly longer grip, red dot capable, longer sight radius when not using red dot, etc.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:11:08 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Like in their?
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:12:36 PM EDT
[#33]
For me the regular 365 was an easy choice. You can go up in magazine capacity if you want, but you can't make the XL smaller.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:30:05 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
For me the regular 365 was an easy choice. You can go up in magazine capacity if you want, but you can't make the XL smaller.
View Quote

I watched a review of the 365 vs 365XL video of the two pistols, iirc it was MAC on YT.

Showed brass from the 365 that had extractor issues, but it looked like the issues were not present in the XL

New Sig P365 XL - Beating a dead horse or falling in love again?

Either choice seems like a win-win to me
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:37:24 PM EDT
[#35]
I have a standard 365 out getting cut for my RMR CC. My plan is to pair the standard 365 slide with the XL grip module and Surefire new XCS weapon light. This would be my new EDC replacing my current Sig M18 w RMR and X300UB. I may install a PMM micro comp on my 365 which would bring its barrel length up to the same size as the standard XL.

I also have a 365 SAS that I use as a BUG currently. Pre stupid ammo times I put over 1000 rounds of 124gr Winchester NATO through it without issue. I did struggle at first learning the bullseye sight system on the SAS models but after a couple hundred rounds I got the hang of it. The beauty of guns like the P320 and P365 is the ability to custom tailor them to your preferred use.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I have the P365 and two P365XL's. I prefer the XL but love how small the regular one is. I have a Holosun on one of the XL's that I need to get sighted in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:45:30 PM EDT
[#37]
I recently got the 365. I have 400 rounds through it and I’m doing ok with it. It isn’t my favorite pistol by a long shot, but the size/capacity/weight can’t be beat.

I want to get a 12 round mag, I’m sure my shooting will improve with a little more for my pinky.

In rapid fire, two to the chest, one to the head shooting at 7yds I never miss the chest but several out of a 100 round session will miss the head. That doesn’t happen with my full size pistols. Multi mag groups are twice the size of those shot with my full size pistols.

The small diameter of the grip has me pushing the trigger some too, but less as I shoot it more.

The trigger could use some work, there is a false peak.

I have no desire for an optic or light on a gun the size of the 365 or 365XL.

I’m happy with the 365, but a smoother trigger and a 12 round mag would, I think, make it substantially more pleasing.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:46:32 PM EDT
[#38]
The P365.

If I need anything larger, I’m grabbing the Glock 19.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:47:46 PM EDT
[#39]
I pocket carry my p365 99% of the time. There is your answer. If you are pocket carrying ever- P365. And before you knock it, I thought it was stupid too. Then I got a vedder pocket locker and I see no reason to carry it IWB. If I want to carry IWB I'll step up to my g26. if I only carried IWB I'd probably get a XL. But the versatility of this thing is superb. It fits anywhere and I can easily carry a 15 round backup mag in an extremely compact package. Far too many overlook the idea of pocket carry IMO. It's very discrete, much easier and more comfortable, and it looks like an iphone on my skinny frame with tight clothes. Nobody has a clue.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:53:08 PM EDT
[#40]
Just came back around to the P365. I love the small footprint of it.

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:55:12 PM EDT
[#41]
I'll second the vedder aiwb holster suggested above.

The mag springs need to get compressed fully a few times before they'll take all the rounds easily.

I took the standard 365 to a pistol class and got some chuckles from shooters with their competition pistols at a defensive pistol class.  (Don't understand why you'd bring a gun you can't conceal to a defensive pistol class, but whatever.)

Lead instructor said he'd be embarrassed to get shot by my little Men In Black "cricket."

That being said, it performed better than a lot of the other equipment there.  No malfunctions of any kind.

Hell, I got the 100yd steel on the second shot.

Love the standard 365.   Love the XL, too, but standard carries better for me.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 4:58:23 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
They both fill a trash can about the same.

Go hellcat. I've shot each of these guns, so in my personal opinion and with my hands, hellcat is the better choice by far. Plus you get that extra round and better customer service in the unlikely event you need it.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:02:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I picked the P365 since it's the easiest to conceal, I frequently pocket carry it which I couldn't do with the XL. For AIWB I like the Vedder RapidTuck:
https://www.vedderholsters.com/rapidtuck/

For IWB the TT Gunleather KX Lightweight is about as comfortable as it gets:
https://www.ttgunleather.com/product-page/iwb-kx-lightweight

Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:04:24 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Like in their?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Like in their?

Or when sounding like A as in neighbor and weight.

Duh
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:05:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#46]
... P365 for pocket carry
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:08:32 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I pocket carry my p365 99% of the time. There is your answer. If you are pocket carrying ever- P365. And before you knock it, I thought it was stupid too. Then I got a vedder pocket locker and I see no reason to carry it IWB. If I want to carry IWB I'll step up to my g26. if I only carried IWB I'd probably get a XL. But the versatility of this thing is superb. It fits anywhere and I can easily carry a 15 round backup mag in an extremely compact package. Far too many overlook the idea of pocket carry IMO. It's very discrete, much easier and more comfortable, and it looks like an iphone on my skinny frame with tight clothes. Nobody has a clue.
View Quote

this was my exp
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:09:11 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just came back around to the P365. I love the small footprint of it.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/87517/08A1D324-C4C2-4E22-A51C-288F7CF6B374-1782998.jpg
View Quote

they have an FDE one?

when/where?!
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 5:13:37 PM EDT
[#49]
If you're for sure going to get one or the other, I'd buy a few of the bigger mags now. Like right now.
Link Posted: 1/17/2021 7:52:22 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

they have an FDE one?

when/where?!
View Quote

Pretty sure there are several color variations of the grip modules for these now.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top