Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/2/2020 8:50:57 PM EDT
More reward then risk?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:14:44 PM EDT
[#1]
How are you gonna short something that is probably already in the dumpster? You short when everyone thinks it's great but you know better
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:18:02 PM EDT
[#2]
You are supposed to be in the market for the long haul. Since you've held on to it this long, just wait until it comes back up. Just think how easy it will be to double your money in a few months.
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:20:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
How are you gonna short something that is probably already in the dumpster? You short when everyone thinks it's great but you know better
View Quote

It’s at ~$24 a share and doesn’t seem like it’s going up or staying steady over the short term.  I get your sentiment, but you think it’s at the bottom or close to the bottom now?
Link Posted: 4/2/2020 9:21:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
You are supposed to be in the market for the long haul. Since you've held on to it this long, just wait until it comes back up. Just think how easy it will be to double your money in a few months.
View Quote

I don’t currently own it, I’m looking at a short sell and short term gain.

I have accounts in the market for the long haul.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 2:29:53 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

It’s at ~$24 a share and doesn’t seem like it’s going up or staying steady over the short term.  I get your sentiment, but you think it’s at the bottom or close to the bottom now?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont follow it.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 3:06:00 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I dont follow it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I dont follow it.

Ha, got it.   Shorting 100 shares today netted about a $200 gain.

This wasn’t a long play game or big money game.  It’s a I’m working from home let’s have some fun game (took over for sports gambling).
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 3:12:08 PM EDT
[#7]
I should short it too, I bought it at 35.67 a share so I've lost 32% already, I need to get some of those losses back.
Link Posted: 4/3/2020 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I should short it too, I bought it at 35.67 a share so I've lost 32% already, I need to get some of those losses back.
View Quote

I don't know anything about shorting. So if  down 32% how the heck are you going to turn that around?

I bought in at $12.86 and $10.00. So while I have lost money. I am planning on a long term hold. Just 100 shares so nothing drastic. I would be nice to 4x my money in the long run though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top