Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/27/2020 8:50:30 PM EDT
I screwed up and left pellets in my 3 year old Wal-Mart Put Boss. They broke down and hardened up in the auger...it's toast.

I have been shopping for a couple weeks now. I am always looking for a deal or best value for my money. Any recommendations? I don't need a huge one and prefer to stay under $600

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/27/2020 10:19:50 PM EDT
[#1]
Another pit boss, but take care of it this time
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:57:28 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 6:59:09 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
I screwed up and left pellets in my 3 year old Wal-Mart Put Boss. They broke down and hardened up in the auger...it's toast.

I have been shopping for a couple weeks now. I am always looking for a deal or best value for my money. Any recommendations? I don't need a huge one and prefer to stay under $600

Thanks
View Quote
This is very common.  A friend disassembled his, used his welder and refabbed a broken tooth on the drive using a grinder and hand tools and it is back in service.

Parts!

Some of these grills share parts too.  It may be worth the research to fix yours.

I currently use a Pellet Pro with Smoke Daddy Big Kahuna cold smoke generator, but may use trump bucks to buy the Yoder.
Link Posted: 4/28/2020 8:28:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
you know those are 3x OP budget right? is there a gold plated one?
Link Posted: 4/30/2020 11:08:10 AM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By wildearp:

This is very common.  A friend disassembled his, used his welder and refabbed a broken tooth on the drive using a grinder and hand tools and it is back in service.

Parts!

Some of these grills share parts too.  It may be worth the research to fix yours. 

I currently use a Pellet Pro with Smoke Daddy Big Kahuna cold smoke generator, but may use trump bucks to buy the Yoder.
View Quote

Yelp, I have replaced the auger and the fan motor on mine. Don't let them get wet.
Link Posted: 5/7/2020 9:22:27 PM EDT
[#6]
https://i.imgur.com/7NLPUm4.png
View Quote

Lol, got mine this week.  I agree!
Link Posted: 5/19/2020 9:23:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Originally Posted By Papermaker:

Lol, got mine this week.  I agree!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Originally Posted By Papermaker:
https://i.imgur.com/7NLPUm4.png

Lol, got mine this week.  I agree!

I need to leave my 7 year old Traeger out in the rain so I can finally get one too!
Link Posted: 5/23/2020 5:05:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top