Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/2/2019 8:35:27 AM EDT
Really want to start cleaning and oiling my leather work boots.

Have several black/brown ones and several LL BEAN  & Red Wing boots that need a lot of care.

What are you using for brushes? Oils?

What are some great instructional videos to watch?

Thank you
Link Posted: 11/10/2019 2:13:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Just recently went on a shoe buying and restoration frenzy. Watched some tutorials from The Elegant Oxford on YouTube. Picked up a shine kit by Footfitter on Amazon. The brushes and shoe creme in the kit worked well and got me started. Then I got into some shoes that needed more so I picked up some Saphir Renovateur for cleaning and conditioning, Saphir renovating creme to repair deep scratches and Saphir Pommadier Creme polish.

A pair of Zamberlan mountaineering boots
Before

After

Not perfect but much better.
I just picked up a vintage pair of Canadian made Sorel pack boots and am trying something new. A good cleaning with saddle soap and some Huberd's shoe grease. It's supposed to condition and waterproof the leather. It did darken the leather slightly but it appears to work as advertised and is easy to apply. I already did my Redwing work boots with Snoseal earlier this year but may be switching to the Huberd's in the future if it holds up.
Link Posted: 11/17/2019 5:59:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I use Obenauf's LP for all my boots and leather shoes.  It repels water and extends the life of the leather.
Link Posted: 1/24/2020 9:43:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I will secound OB  LP.
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 6:09:02 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I use Obenauf's LP for all my boots and leather shoes.  It repels water and extends the life of the leather.
View Quote
The best made. End of discussion.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top