Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page General » SCUBA
Posted: 5/28/2018 5:37:03 PM EDT
Just saw that Shearwater has a new computer out: The Teric
Just when I thought I could take a break from buying dive stuff...
MSRP is $1,399 CAD ($1,076 US).
I would gladly replace my Suunto D4i for this. Probably stupid, since I don't wear my dive computer as an every day watch. But... this is pretty sharp looking.
My prediction: Next year they'll come out with a shiny metal face version.
Right now my disposable income is directed toward an AR pistol --> SBR ---> suppressor, so a new dive computer won't be on my radar for another year anyway.

Link Posted: 5/28/2018 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 5:48:22 PM EDT
[#2]
I love my Perdix AI. It’s not going anywhere.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 7:05:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I was going to get a Garmin Descent; this might sway me from that depending on its capabilities.
Link Posted: 5/28/2018 7:22:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I was going to get a Garmin Descent; this might sway me from that depending on its capabilities.
View Quote
Search around for some reviews of the Garmin. One of the guys I know got one and the one thing Garmin hands their hat on (GPS) didn't work.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 10:27:42 PM EDT
[#5]
I've been diving with my Sol, and stealibg my bosses Scubapro G2 when i can.  That's the next one I'm getting.  I don't like the small casio watch style screens.  The numbers are just too small and batteries only last a few hours.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 10:13:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Search around for some reviews of the Garmin. One of the guys I know got one and the one thing Garmin hands their hat on (GPS) didn't work.
View Quote
It doesn't work underwater.  I am a couple of miles from Garmin so local instructors have been demoing them.  What I was told by one of them was that he surfaced above something and dropped a pin with the navigation.  Next day he came back to that pin, dropped down and was right on top of the same dive sight from the day before.  Using it underwater isn't going to work.  It states that on their website.  I don't know what the scenario was for your friend but I thought that I would point out the difference just in case.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 1:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
I think this is a great step from them. I am currently using a SOL and a Perdix AI.  This will be my next backup.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 4:22:32 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
It doesn't work underwater.  I am a couple of miles from Garmin so local instructors have been demoing them.  What I was told by one of them was that he surfaced above something and dropped a pin with the navigation.  Next day he came back to that pin, dropped down and was right on top of the same dive sight from the day before.  Using it underwater isn't going to work.  It states that on their website.  I don't know what the scenario was for your friend but I thought that I would point out the difference just in case.
View Quote
I know it doesn't work underwater.
The guy I know that had one said it didn't work on the surface either.
He might have just got a bad one.
Or the Garmin instructors got the only good ones.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 4:48:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love my Perdix AI. It’s not going anywhere.
View Quote
I have a non-AI Perdix that I really like.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:50:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
Same here.
I've never used AI.
Just one of those expenses I've never bothered with.
The fact that I would have to get a whole new computer to do it makes it even less appealing.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:34:53 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Same here.
I've never used AI.
The fact that I would have to get a whole new computer to do it makes it even less appealing.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here.
I've never used AI.
Something else to fail. I'm working the tec ladder so eventually I'll have a second computer anyway. I might AI that one.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:54:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Something else to fail. I'm working the tec ladder so eventually I'll have a second computer anyway. I might AI that one.
View Quote
I have more dive gear than I currently need so I'm redirecting my disposable income back to panic buying guns and ammo.
I could probably sell some of the scuba equipment I have to fund a new computer though. I have at least two BCs I will never use and at least 1 reg set I won't use.
Plans within plans...
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:28:50 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Same here.
I've never used AI.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same here.
I've never used AI.
I got a Perdix AI a few months ago. It replaced a Geo 2.0. AI is fab. Love having all my info on my wrist.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:50:42 PM EDT
[#14]
I’m still using the Zeagle N2ition 3 I managed to grab on closeout a few years ago.
It will do 3 gas mixtures, which is more than I need. It’s easy to read-puck sized.
If it ever goes bad I’m thinking of a Perdix, but even this is more computer than I need.

Not bad for $160.00
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 2:05:33 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I know it doesn't work underwater.
The guy I know that had one said it didn't work on the surface either.
He might have just got a bad one.
Or the Garmin instructors got the only good ones.
View Quote
Well that's a bummer.  I don't know how much different the descent is from my Fenix 3HR, but as long as you turn the GPS on and orient it properly it seems to work pretty well.  Could he not get it to connect at all or was it inaccurate.  Just curious because I was considering that watch/computer as an option.

I am sure the keep the instructors bug free, but they rave about them.  Since I have had good luck with my fenix, I was hopeful that it was a solid product.
Page General » SCUBA
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top