Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/21/2020 9:05:50 AM EDT
The Water: COLD
The Razor: Merkur 34C HD
The Soap: Sudsy Soapery "Blizzard" (tallow-based)
The Blade: Derby Extra (used once)
The Brush: Yaqui Synthetic 24mm Tuxedo knot
The Lather: in the Timeless Lather Bowl
The After: Alum block and Barbasol Pacific Rush After Shave Balm

Nice. Now I can forgo shaving for 4 days for that Christmas Morning luxury shave

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:27:19 AM EDT
[Last Edit: die-tryin] [#1]
You've never been in the military.

Dry shaving w/worn out disposal in 30* , looking thru 4"x5" mirror while out in field, with about 2 minutes to get it done
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:34:52 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Originally Posted By die-tryin:

Dry shaving w/worn out disposal in 30* , looking thru 4"x5" mirror while out in field, with about 2 minutes to get it done
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/21/2020 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#3]
I really dislike the synthetic brushes.  They seem to really use a ton of soap, not hold soap and water well, and don't lather as good.  I have two of them and every once in awhile lather one up.   I'm always reminded why I stick to my badger.
Link Posted: 12/21/2020 10:15:25 AM EDT
[#4]
If you're shaving in space and you take out a divit, can they hear you scream?
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Originally Posted By die-tryin:

View Quote

Yes. Yes, I have.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:49:29 PM EDT
[#6]
Originally Posted By ThePontificator:

Yes. Yes, I have.
View Quote
Not to speak for ThePontificator, but I spent a decade in the military, deployed war zones a good bit, and still spend a lot of time in austere environments now that I am out.  That specifically is one of the reasons I enjoy taking the time for a proper shave when I can.  Just like I enjoy getting good sleep in a very large, very comfortable bed with my wife when I can.  Just like I enjoy taking time to prepare good food to make an appetizing meal for my family to sit down and eat together at the table, when I can.

For me, it is restorative to take a little time to enjoy the little things in life.  I don’t spend 30 minutes a day shaving, but it’s worth it to me to spend 10-20 minutes to do it right every other day.  Probably not everyone’s cup of tea, but I’m sure most others have their daily tasks that accomplish similar things.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 10:52:08 PM EDT
[Last Edit: giacutter] [#7]
shaving
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top