Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/9/2019 1:21:59 PM EDT
What used to be a fairy quick and mindless activity with an occasional weeper or maybe two is now a slow, careful ritual fraught with danger.

Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
Wait until you get a nosebleed that takes a damn ER to get stopped.  Blood thinners are the pits.
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:33:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Wait until you cough up blood for 10 hours straight.......

I really thought I was going to die.......
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 1:43:41 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Wait until you cough up blood for 10 hours straight.......

I really thought I was going to die.......
View Quote
I did that after I drank a bottle of scotch. Thought it might be ulcers. Told my MD about it. He laughed and said I was projectile puking and tore a lining in my throat, not to worry about it. I love that Doctor (no homo).
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:08:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Why not go buy an electric razor?
Link Posted: 11/9/2019 2:37:35 PM EDT
[#5]
Shaving nicks were irritating, but manageable with a styptic pencil nearby. How badly I'd bruise while on thinners is what got me.
Link Posted: 11/22/2019 10:02:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
What used to be a fairy quick and mindless activity with an occasional weeper or maybe two is now a slow, careful ritual fraught with danger.

View Quote
God is telling you to grow a beard
Link Posted: 1/2/2020 12:04:18 AM EDT
[#7]
I grow a neckbeard LOL

I popped myself on the upper lip last Saturday and it bled for nearly four hours (no styptic pencil).

Didn't shave again until this morning and I can tell you that I was DAMN careful. I also used a less aggressive razor (Gillette Tech).
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:41:51 PM EDT
[#8]
This is going to sound a bit odd, but, the mildest and most forgiving and yet still give a good shave razor that I have found is a Shick injector that I picked up dirt cheap in an antique shop.

Mine has become my "in a hurry" razor.  I still prefer my straights and my black tip Speed Shave but the silly little Shick does a good job when I don't have time for a proper shave.  I actually find it hard to bleed with one without doing a serious no-no technique wise.

MLG
Link Posted: 1/27/2020 12:57:18 PM EDT
[#9]
Do a search for styptic powder on amazon.  I actually use a veterinary styptic product and it has worked fine on small nicks and cuts.  I've been on blood thinners for 8 years.  Another thing, if you are new to thinners, buy several Quik-Clot bandages and keep one in your car, at home, in your office and your briefcase.  What I'm saying is keep one handy b/c stopping bleeding from even a minor cut can be a bitch when you're on thinners.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 7:29:33 PM EDT
[#10]
I have been on rat poison for a few years now.
I don't bruise and I don't bleed excessively from cuts.
I do keep styptic pencils and QuikClot on hand.
Link Posted: 3/24/2020 8:09:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I have stopped shaving for about a month. Getty nasty-looking. Tomorrow's the day along with a buzz cut.
Link Posted: 3/25/2020 7:50:57 AM EDT
[#12]
Using a new blade it took me five passes to get the job done; fortunately no nicks, cuts, or weepers. Yay me.

I need to go to Bath & Body Works and get some more C.O. Bigelow shave cream tubes. I'm down to some Van Der Hagen hard soap and that stuff generally sucks.
Link Posted: 6/15/2020 7:28:52 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or learn how to soften the beard before shaving.
Hot, wet washcloths are your friend.

Those steaming hot clothes the barber put son your face before shaving are not just for show.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top