Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/23/2022 11:13:38 AM EDT
I eat this almost every day after the gym as my second meal of the day.  It takes me from feeling exhausted to being ready for work. I like 3 sourdough english muffins, 3 tablespoons rx nut butter (vanilla almond and or chocolate peanut butter), 1 scoop protein shake, 1.5 cups Silk unsweetened almond milk. I try to limit artificial sweeteners but 1 day a week i add a tablespoon of Hershey's zero to the almond milk. l Its 89g carbs, 26g of healthy fats, and 50g of protein.  I just adjust the nut butter amount depending on what my fat macros are set at and lower the protein shake amount to keep it no more than 50g protein.  There is nothing unhealthy in the nut butter with no added sugars.  It is expensive but man i love that stuff. I eat half a cup of raspberries if i didn't eat berries at breakfast.

I over toasted the muffins this time.  Have a little black coffee afterwards.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 2:51:28 PM EDT
[#1]
https://youtu.be/KDIOmRdWfAA

I eat this immediately (within minutes) of finishing a training session in the gym, or a long ruck.  Its not a huge amount of nutrients, but I eat < 50g carbs/day, and this gets glycogen restoration processes moving quickly.  

I follow this up with a large steak, or steak and eggs, usually about an hour later.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:47:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Pre workout was eggs and oatmeal with a glass of milk.  Then had a pre workout drink.  I drink Eaa's during workout.

Post workout was French toast, eggs, bacon, and milk.  I also put a little maple syrup on the french toast.  My pre workout meal is consistently eggs and oatmeal, but my post workout meal is different almost every time.

Link Posted: 9/23/2022 5:51:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:00:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
3 of the smaller kodiak frozen pancakes + a layer of PB  on top

i will have to check into your butter ASAP.  that looks interesting
View Quote

I like the vanilla almond the best.  They are a pain to stir up the first time you open it.
Link Posted: 9/23/2022 10:17:50 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 8:23:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Supper usually.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:21:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Today...

Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Pre workout was eggs and oatmeal with a glass of milk.  Then had a pre workout drink.  I drink Eaa's during workout.

Post workout was French toast, eggs, bacon, and milk.  I also put a little maple syrup on the french toast.  My pre workout meal is consistently eggs and oatmeal, but my post workout meal is different almost every time.

https://i.postimg.cc/ZnfXm9Dc/breakfastb.jpg
View Quote

I do fasted cardio and then have my first meal at the gym before lifting.  I usually have oatmeal and eggs plus I drink egg whites to reach my protein goal.  Sometimes wheat toast and eggs.  On leg days I do 2 cups fruity pebbles with almond milk and drink egg whites.  I want my blood sugar spiked right before heavy squats.  I also do preworkout with my first meal.  I drink 2 large glasses of water with EAA's during my lifting and then a crapload more water after the EAA's.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#9]
6 scrambled eggs, 1 piece of homemade bread and half a glass of mango juice.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 1:52:57 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

I do fasted cardio and then have my first meal at the gym before lifting.  I usually have oatmeal and eggs plus I drink egg whites to reach my protein goal.  Sometimes wheat toast and eggs.  On leg days I do 2 cups fruity pebbles with almond milk and drink egg whites.  I want my blood sugar spiked right before heavy squats.  I also do preworkout with my first meal.  I drink 2 large glasses of water with EAA's during my lifting and then a crapload more water after the EAA's.
View Quote

I did fasted cardio for a while, but never really noticed a difference vs doing cardio after eating.  My cardio is eliptical, speed bag, and heavy bag.  Also go on walks with the wife.  I don't really need much cardio lucky for me I guess staying lean is easy.  Gaining weight is very difficult for me and always has been.  I'm only 5'7" 165 lbs about 8 percent body fat and I eat a ton consistently.  I'm also 47 years old 100% natural all my life.  

Main thing is consistency and monitoring results over time to see what is working for you specifically.  I use the scale and mirror and don't even count calories.  I take pictures of my food often and if I notice a change in weight that was unexpected then I think about what I did and what changes I need to make week by week.  One thing I have going for me is I can eat large amounts of food early in the morning and also workout with a full stomach without issues.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:13:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I did fasted cardio for a while, but never really noticed a difference vs doing cardio after eating.  My cardio is eliptical, speed bag, and heavy bag.  Also go on walks with the wife.  I don't really need much cardio lucky for me I guess staying lean is easy.  Gaining weight is very difficult for me and always has been.  I'm only 5'7" 165 lbs about 8 percent body fat and I eat a ton consistently.  I'm also 47 years old 100% natural all my life.  

Main thing is consistency and monitoring results over time to see what is working for you specifically.  I use the scale and mirror and don't even count calories.  I take pictures of my food often and if I notice a change in weight that was unexpected then I think about what I did and what changes I need to make week by week.  One thing I have going for me is I can eat large amounts of food early in the morning and also workout with a full stomach without issues.
View Quote

Very very similar.  45, 5'11", 175lbs, "hard-gainer" my entire life.  

Sat AMs I get a quick cup of coffee in me, and then do a 5-10mi ruck with 65lbs.  When I come back I have an ~1k cal meal of beef and eggs.  On other workout days (gym is at work, so M-F) my post workout is the oatmeal posted above, and then meat a short time later.  I can eat 2-3k cal daily easily and not really gain a lot of weight, unless its fake food that I'm eating (which I haven't eaten in years).  

In fact, I tried strict carnivore for seven months and could not stop losing weight, eating 2-3lbs of meat a day.  

I do consult the mirror and scale once in a while, but generally the fitting of clothes is how I gauge progress, along with "how I feel" generally, mental acuity/fog, and performance in the gym.  Performance in the gym is where I will immediately notice a diet change, if I didn't have time to eat before the gym, etc.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 2:48:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Very very similar.  45, 5'11", 175lbs, "hard-gainer" my entire life.  

Sat AMs I get a quick cup of coffee in me, and then do a 5-10mi ruck with 65lbs.  When I come back I have an ~1k cal meal of beef and eggs.  On other workout days (gym is at work, so M-F) my post workout is the oatmeal posted above, and then meat a short time later.  I can eat 2-3k cal daily easily and not really gain a lot of weight, unless its fake food that I'm eating (which I haven't eaten in years).  

In fact, I tried strict carnivore for seven months and could not stop losing weight, eating 2-3lbs of meat a day.  

I do consult the mirror and scale once in a while, but generally the fitting of clothes is how I gauge progress, along with "how I feel" generally, mental acuity/fog, and performance in the gym.  Performance in the gym is where I will immediately notice a diet change, if I didn't have time to eat before the gym, etc.
View Quote

I gain the wrong kind of weight easily.  If I track everything I don't have much of an issue.  I have gotten so used to it its no big deal to me.

I do fasted cardio because my coach suggested it.  I don't really mind it either way.  I will probably do a little less cardio when I go back to doing my own thing but I wanted to try something different for a bit.
Link Posted: 9/24/2022 4:17:24 PM EDT
[#13]
My maintenance calories are around the 3500 per day mark.  Like mentioned I rarely count them, but do take pictures of my food and keep track of things I did out of the norm.  This info along with the scale and mirror helps me decide week to week if I need to change anything.  I weigh myself a couple times a day usually, but don't take any one time out of context.  I just compare the entire week to previous week to decide if I need to up or reduce calories.  Then kind of go back and estimate where my calories were it's usually around 3500 maintenance and I'm a little guy.  In the winter I can purposely add weight and up calories to 4000 for a few months, but most of the weight gain isn't lean muscle.  It does make it easier to gain strength and muscle though.  Then I shed it off in the spring.  I also work in a factory in the 55-60 hours per week range and will be switching to a cushy quality tech role soon which will be less labor and less hours.  Something like 50 hours a week and more walking around.  I'll see how that changes my diet and cardio needs.  Most people gain alot of fat at my maintenance calories even though they are bigger than I am.  165 lean pounds on a 5'7" frame is a good amount of muscle my struggle is biceps lagging behind my chest, tri's and abs are great so I hit biceps 3 times a week currently.  

I like the idea you are working with a coach for what you are trying to do and obviously since you hired him you should follow what he wants you to do exactly.  Then over time he can adjust, but if you don't do exactly what he wants and be honest with him about it then his adjustments for you will be wrong.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 2:31:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 5:40:46 PM EDT
[#15]

I don’t usually have steak post workout, but as the last meal of the day with green beans and milk.
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 7:07:38 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

I don’t usually have steak post workout, l]
View Quote

LOL - i dont usually have a big T-bone with a Bloody Maria either, but twas' the only steak pic i had up in Imgur

However, steak is so versatile --  post workout for me will be a much leaner cut and a smaller quantity ---   preferably some flank steak or some tri tip with some cheesy scrambled eggs

But - now that i think about it, if the workout time is scheduled right, i'm going to have to try a "recovery cocktail" sometime
Link Posted: 9/29/2022 9:16:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I had a couple IPAs and a few slices of 5 meat pizza today.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 12:40:04 PM EDT
[#18]
Usually whatever the wife and kids didn't finish eating for dinner.  So, mostly dinosaur shaped chicken nuggets, pizza, and salad.
Link Posted: 10/17/2022 8:19:13 AM EDT
[#19]
Whey protein post workout.  I finish at the gym around 5:30-5:45am.  Drink the shake, answer emails.

I eat a good lunch and light dinner (before 6pm).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top